|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Gerolstein|
|Height :||450 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||7.34 km 2|
|Residents:||371 (Dec 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||51 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||54570|
|Area code :||06591|
|License plate :||DAU|
|Community key :||07 2 33 036|
|Community structure:||2 districts|
|Association administration address:||Kyllweg 1
|Local Mayor :||Rita Hoffmann|
|Location of the local community Kalenborn-Schänen in the Vulkaneifel district|
The districts are Kalenborn and Scheuert. The residential areas An der Acht, Birkenhof, In der Hillingswiese and Kammwiese also belong to the district of Kalenborn .
Kalenborn was first mentioned as de Caldebrunna in the Prümer Urbar in 893 .
The community Kalenborn was formed on June 7, 1969 from the previously independent communities Kalenborn and Scheuert. On December 1, 1969, the name was changed to Kalenborn-Schänen.
- Population development
The development of the population of Kalenborn-Schänen in relation to today's municipality, the values from 1871 to 1987 are based on censuses:
coat of arms
|Blazon : “Divided by red through silver; above three golden fan-shaped ears of wheat, below a blue draw well. "|
Justification of the coat of arms: The three golden ears of wheat in the upper part of the coat of arms symbolize the name of the district of Schänen. With other neighboring towns, the Prüm monastery was liable to pay taxes; The monastery tithe barn was in Schubbing. The place name is derived from this tithe barn ("Scheuer" means "barn" in the Eifel dialect).
In addition, the ears of corn also indicate agriculture as a livelihood over centuries and the rural structure of the double community. Kalenborn was first mentioned in 846 as "Caldebrunna" among the possessions of the Prüm Abbey. The place name means: "cold well" or "cool spring". As a symbol for the place name of the district Kalenborn, the blue draw well was added in the lower part of the coat of arms.
Culture and sights
Kalenborn-Schüsten is part of the Trier region . The community is served on weekdays by the bus line 522 of the Rhein-Mosel-Verkehrsgesellschaft , which connects the Doppeldorf with the nearest town Gerolstein and with Hillesheim . The nearest train station is Oberbettingen- Hilesheim on the Eifel route Cologne - Trier , about five kilometers to the northeast.
- Internet presence of the local community Kalenborn-Schänen
- School chronicle Kalenborn by Peter Leuschen, 2016
- To search for cultural goods of the local community Kalenborn-Schänen in the database of cultural goods in the Trier region .
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, municipalities, association communities ( help on this ).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 114 (PDF; 3 MB).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 167 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- Official municipality directory (= State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate [Hrsg.]: Statistical volumes . Volume 407 ). Bad Ems February 2016, p. 191 (PDF; 2.8 MB).
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate - regional data
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- coat of arms. (PDF) Retrieved May 27, 2019 .