|Community association||Convergence Garonne|
|surface||5.11 km 2|
|Residents||299 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||59 inhabitants / km 2|
Town hall (Mairie) of Escoussans
Escoussans ( Occitan Escossan ) is a French municipality with 299 inhabitants (as of January 1 2017) in the Gironde department in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine (before 2016 Aquitaine ). It belongs to the arrondissement of Langon and the canton of L'Entre-deux-Mers (until 2015 Targon ). The inhabitants are called Escoussanais .
Escoussans is located about 32 kilometers east-southeast of Bordeaux . Escoussans is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Soulignac in the north and west, Ladaux in the north-east, Porte-de-Benauge in the south and east, Omet in the south, Laroque in the south and south-west and Rions in the west and south-west.
|Sources: cassini and INSEE|
- Church of St-Seurin-St-Roch from the 12th century (see also: List of Monuments historiques in Escoussans )
- 18th century pigeon tower
- 16th century mansion of the Commander-in-Chief of Saint-Vincent
- 14th century Balaurin mill
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Gironde. Flohic Éditions, Volume 2, Paris 2001, ISBN 2-84234-125-2 , pp. 1531-1532.