|Canton||Le Réolais and Les Bastides|
|surface||18.33 km 2|
|Residents||381 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||21 inhabitants / km 2|
Notre-Dame church in Aillas-le-Vieux
Sigalens is not far from the border to the Lot-et-Garonne department , 68 kilometers southeast of Bordeaux , 23 kilometers southeast of Langon and twelve kilometers east of Auros . The neighboring municipalities are Saint-Sauveur-de-Meilhan in the northeast, Cocumont in the east, Grignols in the southeast, Cauvignac in the south, Sendets in the southwest and Aillas in the northwest.
A motorway junction with the Autoroute A62 is located 8 kilometers north of Sigalens. The nearest train station is 17 kilometers from the village. It is located in La Réole on the Bordeaux - Sète line of the SNCF and TER Aquitaine.
In March 1857, a land register sector was separated from Sigalens. The area allocated to him was subsequently transferred to the neighboring municipality of Cocumont.
- The Saint-Pierre church was built in the 17th century.
- The Notre-Dame church used to exist in Aillas-le-Vieux . Its inventory has been recognized as a historical monument since 1987 . This church contains a statue of Mary .
- The Saint-Martin church was built in the 13th and 14th centuries. It was restored between 1680 and 1822.
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Gironde. Flohic Éditions, Volume 1, Paris 2001, ISBN 2-84234-125-2 , pp. 112-113.
- Sigalens. In: Base Mérimée. Ministère de la culture, accessed August 4, 2010 (French).