|Community association||Convergence Garonne|
|surface||10.65 km 2|
|Residents||1,556 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||146 inhabitants / km 2|
Rions Town Hall
Rions is a French commune in the Gironde department in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine . The municipality is located in the catchment area of the city of Bordeaux. While Rions had 880 inhabitants in 1962, it currently has 1,556 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2017).
|Sources: Cassini and INSEE|
- Romanesque church of Saint-Seurin
- La Tour du Lhyans : built in 1330 by the Seigneur de Rions
- Defense tower from the 14th century as part of an extensive fortress
- Broussey Monastery: It was founded on April 9, 1841 and was the first new Carmel to be built in France after the French Revolution.
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de la Gironde. Flohic Éditions, Volume 1, Paris 2001, ISBN 2-84234-125-2 , pp. 476-479.