Raymond James Stadium
|Raymond James Stadium|
The New Sombrero
The Pirate Ship
|Raymond James Stadium in Tampa (October 2007)|
|place||4201 North Dale Mabry Highway Tampa , Florida 33607
|operator||Tampa Sports Authority|
|start of building||October 16, 1996|
|opening||September 20, 1998|
|First game||September 20, 1998
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Chicago Bears 27:15
( Tifway 419 Bermuda )
|costs||168.5 million US dollars|
|architect||HOK Sport Venue , now Populous|
|capacity||65,857 places (since 2016, expandable to 75,000 places)
65,890 places (2013–2015)
65,856 places (2008–2012)
65,657 places (2001–2007)
66,321 places (1998–2000)
The Raymond James Stadium is an American football - stadium in the US city of Tampa in the state of Florida . It has been the home of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers football team , which plays in the National Football League (NFL), since September 20, 1998 . The venue carries the sponsor name of the investment bank and financial services provider Raymond James Financial, Inc. The contract runs to the year 2026, with annual payments of 3.1 million US dollars .
Construction of the stadium began in October 1996 and cost $ 168.5 million. It has 65,657 seats. There are 12,000 club seats and 195 boxes. For major events such as the Super Bowl , it can be expanded to 75,000 seats with additional grandstands. The Tampa Stadium was replaced with the Raymond James Stadium . Due to the modern architecture and furnishings, it is known as one of the “crown jewels” of American football stadiums.
In 1999 the Outback Bowl of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) moved from Tampa Stadium to Raymond James Stadium. After the Super Bowl XXXV on January 28, 2001, the Super Bowl, Super Bowl XLIII , took place for the second time on February 1, 2009 at Raymond James Stadium. The championship game of the NCAA Atlantic Coast Conference was hosted by the Buccaneers in 2008 and 2009 . On 9 January 2017, the was College Football Playoff National Championship game of the season in 2016 held. Due to the delay in the completion of the new stadium in Inglewood , which was actually planned for the event , it was decided on May 23, 2017 to award the Super Bowl LV to the Raymond James Stadium and instead to host the Super Bowl LVI in the SoFi Stadium the following year . The Gasparilla Bowl (NCAA) has been held at the Buccaneers' stadium since 2018 , after the first ten events took place at Tropicana Field in Saint Petersburg . It was announced in early March 2019 that WWE plans to host WrestleMania 36 on April 5, 2020 at Raymond James Stadium.
In addition to sporting events, concerts are also held at the Raymond James Stadium.
So far, six international matches for the US men's national soccer team have been played at Raymond James Stadium . The US women's national soccer team has competed five times at the Tampa stadium to date.
- United States - Ecuador 3: 1 ( friendly match ) 25th Mar 2007:
- United States - El Salvador 2: 1 (Friendly Match) Feb. 24, 2010:
- United States - Panama 1: 2 ( 2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup ) June 11, 2011:
- United States - Antigua and Barbuda 1: 2 ( qualification for the 2014 World Cup ) June 8, 2012:
- United States - Martinique 3: 2 ( CONCACAF Gold Cup 2017 ) 12 July 2017:
- United States 2-4 Colombia (friendly match) 11 Oct 2018:
- United States - Finland 2: 0 (Friendly Match) Feb. 27, 1999:
- United States - South Korea 1: 0 (Friendly Match) Nov. 8, 2008:
- United States - France 1: 0 (Friendly Match) June 14, 2014:
- United States - England 1: 0 ( SheBelieves Cup 2016 ) 3rd Mar 2016:
- United States - Brazil 1: 0 ( SheBelieves Cup 2019 ) 5th Mar 2019:
- Guadeloupe - Canada 0: 1 (2011 CONCACAF Gold Cup, Men) June 11, 2011:
- Germany - France 1: 0 (SheBelieves Cup 2016 women) 3rd Mar 2016:
- Panama - Nicaragua 2: 1 (CONCACAF Gold Cup 2017 men) July 12, 2017:
- Japan - England 0: 3 (SheBelieves Cup 2019 women) 5th Mar 2019:
- Colombia v Venezuela (friendly, men) Sep 10 2019:
- raymondjamesstadium.com: Official Website (English)
- stadiumsofprofootball.com: Raymond James Stadium (English)
- stadiumdb.com: Raymond James Stadium (English)
- stadionwelt.de: Detailed picture gallery
- Raymond James Stadium. In: stadiumsofprofootball.com. Retrieved February 9, 2020 .
- Austin Knoblauch: Super Bowl LV relocated to Tampa; LA wants to host SB LVI. In: nfl.com. NFL , May 23, 2017, accessed February 9, 2020 .
- Jason Kirk: College football's silliest bowl game is relocating, and if we all behave, maybe they'll put a lawnmower on a pirate ship! In: sbnation.com. SB Nation, May 23, 2018, accessed February 9, 2020 .
- WWE and local dignitaries officially announce that WrestleMania 36 will take place in Tampa Bay in 2020. In: wwe.com. WWE , accessed February 9, 2020 .
- Concert list of Raymond James Stadium. In: setlist.fm. Retrieved February 9, 2020 .