Mario Adorf (born September 8, 1930 in Zurich , Switzerland ) is a German actor . He is one of the most prominent contemporary actors on stage, in the cinema and on television . In addition, Adorf works as a writer and audio book author.
Origin and education
Mario Adorf was born out of wedlock to the German X-ray assistant and later tailor Alice Adorf, who came from the Eifel , and to a married Italian, the surgeon Matteo Menniti from Siderno in southern Italy , in Zurich. When he was three years old, his mother had to put him temporarily in a Catholic children's home because she didn't have the money to feed him. He grew up in Mayen in the Eifel, where he graduated from the municipal high school after attending the Borromean kindergarten and elementary school. From 1950 he studied philosophy , psychology , criminology , literature , music history and theater studies at the re-founded University of Mainz . He was active in a student boxing relay as well as on the student stage.
In 1953 he went to Zurich, the city of his birth, to continue his studies, where he worked as an extra and assistant director at the Schauspielhaus Zurich . Shortly afterwards he dropped out of his studies. This was followed by acting training at the Otto Falckenberg School in Munich . In 1954 he appeared several times at the Münchner Kammerspiele . Following his acting training, Adorf had an engagement as an actor at the Münchner Kammerspiele from 1955 to 1962.
After a few minor film roles, he became popular for his portrayal of a psychopathic female killer at Night When the Devil Came . After that he was committed to “rogue roles” for many years. In Winnetou Part 1 he took on the role of Winnetou's malicious opponent Santer , who shot Winnetou's sister Nscho-chi ( Marie Versini ). In an interview in 2013, Adorf explained that to this day people have asked him about this role and confess that they have not forgiven him for this film act for a long time. In the crime comedy The Gentlemen with the White Waistcoat , he played the crook Bruno "Dandy" Stiegler.
Adorf also celebrated success in international cinema . His acting repertoire was mostly expressed in characters that lie between rough servants or crooks and noble Mafiosi or honorable Signori. Adorf's fondness for Italian culture is also striking . In the Italian film Die Assassung Matteotti he played the "Duce" Mussolini . On the other hand, Adorf was able to prove his comedic talent several times.
He also received engagements from Junge Deutsche Film . So he interpreted the dodgy Inspector Beizmenne in the lost honor of Katharina Blum , and father Matzerath in the tin drum . From the mid-eighties, however, his film image changed and Adorf became the ideal cast for patriarchs, in particular for powerful entrepreneurs such as brewery manager in Ex und hopp - a bad game about love, money and beer (1991) or the title role in the four-part TV series The great Bellheim (1993).
Adorf appeared in numerous television films , preferably in those of the director Dieter Wedel such as Jan Herzog in the five-part thriller Der Schattenmann (1996), and worked as a theater actor. In 2007, he was a member of the jury of the Berlin Film Festival, chaired by US filmmaker Paul Schrader . In more than 50 years, Adorf has acted in over 120 films. In recent years he has also appeared several times as a book author (and performing singer). He also worked as a voice actor and, for example, lent his voice to the dragon Draco in Dragonheart .
Adorf says about capitalism : “I don't believe in eternal growth. At some point capitalism will come to an end. "
In 2010 he stated that his greatest wish was to play the lead role in a film adaptation of the life of Karl Marx . Adorf on this: "Being able to really play Karl Marx once, that could be a special opportunity." In 2018 he got the lead role in the ZDF - docu-drama Karl Marx - the German prophet .
Adorf advocates a more flexible immigration policy in Germany. People do not necessarily have to be integrated or even assimilated; German society has to adapt. In the past, this has also been achieved with Italians and Poles.
In 1999 Adorf spoke the prologue for the Udo Jürgens song The Crown of Creation , which was recorded with the Berlin Philharmonic . In the same year he also spoke to the judge of the dead in the musical Elisabeth in Essen.
Adorf repeatedly expressed his special bond with Mayen ( Eifel ), the home of his childhood, through local engagements, for example currently as patron of the castle festival there . The city of Mayen granted him honorary citizenship in 2001.
In 2003 Adorf was one of the founding members of the German Film Academy .
Since August 30, 2004 Adorf has been an honorary member of Alemannia Aachen .
Since 2009, Adorf has been committed to destigmatizing the hearing impaired as an “ambassador for good hearing” . Together with a hearing aid manufacturer, he promotes positive use of hearing aids and raises awareness for the early detection and compensation of hearing loss.
The city of Worms and the Nibelungen Festival in Worms have been awarding the Mario Adorf Prize, named after Adorf, since 2018 . It is awarded to actors, stage designers, directors or other members of the Nibelungen Festival who stand out due to their exceptional artistic performance. Adorf himself belongs to the board of trustees of the festival and sits on the jury. Among other things, he initiated the festival in 2002 and was an actor himself in 2002 and 2003.
Adorf's archive is located in the archive of the Akademie der Künste in Berlin.
Mario Adorf's first wife was the actress Lis Verhoeven . The daughter Stella Adorf , also an actress, comes from this relationship . He has been married to Monique Faye for the second time since 1985 .
- 1954: 08/15
- 1955: 08/15 Second part
- 1955: 08/15 at home
- 1956: Cherries in the neighbor's garden
- 1956: Robinson is not supposed to die
- 1956: The appointment Julia is held (TV movie)
- 1956: girls and men (La ragazza della salina)
- 1957: The doctor from Stalingrad
- 1957: At night when the devil came
- 1958: Sister Bonaventure
- 1958: The girl Rosemarie
- 1959: The death ship
- 1959: The day the rain came
- 1960: boomerang
- 1960: Skin for skin (Le gout de la violence)
- 1960: Who are you, Dr. Worry? (Qui êtes-vous, Monsieur Sorge?)
- 1960: Chess novella
- 1960: My school friend
- 1961: raped in chains (A cavallo della tigre)
- 1962: Promise Street
- 1962: Freddy and the song of the South Seas
- 1962: Lulu
- 1963: Terminus 13 Sahara (Station Six-Sahara)
- 1963: Winnetou 1st part
- 1963: The Endless Night
- 1963: Morals 63
- 1963: The Twelve Jurors ( TV movie )
- 1963: The last ride to Santa Cruz
- 1963: The marriage candidate (La visita)
- 1964: Beware of Mister Dodd
- 1964: The Arkansas prospectors
- 1964: Sierra Charriba (Major Dundee)
- 1965: Our man from Istanbul (Operación Estambul)
- 1965: Le soldatesse
- 1965: retaliation in Catano (Tierra de fuego)
- 1965: Spies among themselves (Guerre secrète)
- 1965: I knew her well (Io la conoscevo bene)
- 1965: Secret in the Blue Castle (Ten Little Indians)
- 1965: A rose for everyone (Una rosa per tutti)
- 1965: The gentlemen
- 1966: crooks honor
- 1966: Our boss is a lady (Operazione San Gennaro)
- 1967: Tender Sharks (Tendres requins)
- 1967: The Super Sensual (Questi fantasmi)
- 1967: Ladies, Ladies (Le dolci signore)
- 1968: Engelchen continues - hop, hop rider
- 1968: Amigos (... e per tetto un cielo di stelle)
- 1969: Measures against fanatics
- 1969: The gentlemen with the white waistcoat
- 1969: The red tent (La tenda rossa)
- 1969: Drive to Hell, you scoundrels (Gli specialisti)
- 1969: The secret of the black gloves (L'uccello dalle piume di cristallo)
- 1970: A fish haul for 300 million (Un'anguilla da trecento milioni)
- 1970: The fiery arrow of vengeance (L'arciere di fuoco)
- 1970: deadlock
- 1971: Milano caliber 9 (Milano calibro 9)
- 1971: Malastrana (La corta notte delle bambole di vetro)
- 1971: The Syndicate (La polizia ringrazia)
- 1972: King, Queen, Jack
- 1972: Pinocchio (Le avventure di Pinocchio) (TV miniseries)
- 1972: Violence - the fifth power in the state (La violenza: quinto potere)
- 1972: The Mafia Boss - They kill like jackals (La mala ordina)
- 1972: The old Teutons had a great time (Quando le donne persero la coda)
- 1973: The assassination of Matteotti (Il delitto Matteotti)
- 1973: The trip to Vienna
- 1973: Without warning (Sans sommation)
- 1974: Death wears black leather (La polizia chiede aiuto)
- 1974: The Judgment - Fast-track Trial (Processo per direttissima)
- 1974: The third degree (La faille)
- 1975: Why is Mr. Bobikov barking?
- 1975: dowry
- 1975: The lost honor of Katharina Blum
- 1976: Bomber & Paganini
- 1977: Found eating
- 1977: The main actor
- 1977: death or freedom
- 1977: I'm scared (Io ho paura)
- 1977–1978: Germany in autumn
- 1978: Fedora
- 1979: The tin drum
- 1979: Road giants (L'empreinte des géants)
- 1979: Milo Milo
- 1981: Lola
- 1981: Disobedience (La disubbidienza)
- 1982: Marco Polo
- 1982: The linden trees of Lautenbach (Les tilleuls de Lautenbach)
- 1982: Coast of Love (La côte d'amour)
- 1982: Nina (Invitation au voyage)
- 1982 Smiley's People (TV series)
- 1983: Heaven and Hell (State buoni se potete)
- 1983: Class relations (Rapports de classe)
- 1985: Coconuts
- 1985: Marie Ward - Between Gallows and Glory
- 1985: Via Mala
- 1985: The $ 4½ Trillion Contract (The Holcroft Convenant)
- 1986: Kir Royal
- 1986: Momo
- 1986: Second Victory (The Second Victory)
- 1986: The Devil's Paradise
- 1986: The blonde mystery (La ragazza del lilla)
- 1986: Mino - A boy between the fronts (ZDF Christmas series )
- 1987: Intoxication of transformation
- 1987: The night knows no witnesses (Notte italiana)
- 1987: The Devil's Paradise
- 1988: local history museum
- 1988: Don't trust a villain (Try this One for Size)
- 1989: Francis (Francesco)
- 1989: Maxantino
- 1989: La Luna negra
- 1989: Alone against the Mafia , Part 4, TV movie (La Piovra 4)
- 1989: La troppola
- 1989: The Trial of Galileo Galilei (Eppur si muove)
- 1990: Rosamunde
- 1990: Board games (Gioco di società)
- 1990: The bath doctor (Mio caro Dottor Gräsler)
- 1990: Café Europa
- 1990: The Kaltenbach Papers (Part 1 Sharon, Part 2 Eva)
- 1990: Quiet days in Clichy
- 1991–1996: Princess Fantaghiro (Fantaghirò)
- 1991: Pizza Colonia
- 1991: Ex und hopp - A bad game about love, money and beer
- 1991–1992: The Adventurers of the Rio Verde (Rio Verde)
- 1993: The big Bellheim
- 1993: Peasant chess
- 1993: Spy in Black
- 1993-1994: Amigomio
- 1993: Mouse and Cat
- 1993: Felidae
- 1993: King of the last days
- 1994: The Little Lord (Il piccolo Lord)
- 1996: The shadow man
- 1996: Everything just camouflage
- 1996: Dragonheart (dubbing Draco)
- 1996: Tresko - The Mole
- 1996: Tresko - In the sights of the drug mafia
- 1996: Tresko - Amigo affair
- 1997: Rossini - or the murderous question of who slept with whom
- 1997: Everyone for the Mafia
- 1997: Miss Smilla's flair for snow
- 1997: The Fearless Four (dubbing Fred the Donkey)
- 1998: The Pirates of the Caribbean (Caraibi)
- 1998: Murder in the monastery (La quindicesima epistola)
- 1998: Comeback for Freddy Baker
- 1999: Love your enemy (Ama il tuo nemico)
- 2000: The Little Lord - Savior in Need (Il piccolo Lord, parte seconda)
- 2002: The Semmeling affair
- 2002: Epstein's night
- 2003: The boys from Paul-Strasse (I ragazzi della via Pal)
- 2004: Vera - The Sicilian's wife
- 2005: Enigma - An unacknowledged love
- 2005: A moose jumped out
- 2006: Karol Wojtyła - Secrets of a Pope
- 2007: Rosa Roth - The day will come
- 2007: Winnetou Must Not Die (Documentary)
- 2008: The Red Zora
- 2008: Who promises love
- 2009: Same Same But Different
- 2010: The Last Patriarch (two-part TV series)
- 2010: The Secret of the Whales (two-part TV series)
- 2011: back straight
- 2011: The long wave behind the Kiel (TV movie)
- 2012: The dragonfly and the rhinoceros
- 2013: Crocodile (TV movie)
- 2013: Pinocchio (TV movie)
- 2013: The invention of love
- 2014: The last Mentsch
- 2014: Age Glow - Speed Dating for Seniors
- 2015: Heaven's Favorite
- 2016: Winnetou - The myth is alive (three-part TV series)
- 2016: Schubert in Love
- 2018: Once a son, always a son
- 2018: Karl Marx - the German prophet
- 2019: Everyone for the Mafia (TV two-part)
- 2019: Alte Gang (TV movie)
- 1956: Hans Rothe : Between Earth and Heaven (Ronny Flannery) - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm ( original radio play )
- 1956: Oda Schaefer : Libellenbucht (Detlev) - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm
- 1958: Werner Prym : Serenade in Mi and Mau. A report on the cats of Rome (Armand) - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm
- 1958: Paul Claudel : The silk shoe or The worst doesn't always apply. Spanish Handlin four days (4th part: Fourth day) (Manuelito) - Director: Otto Kurth
- 1958: Ingeborg Bachmann : The Good God of Manhattan (barman) - Director: Fritz Schröder-Jahn (original radio play)
- 1958: Johannes Hendrich : Lauter Engel around Monsieur Jacques - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm
- 1959: Marcel Pagnol : Madame Aurélie or The Baker's Wife (Dominique) - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm
- 1959: Stefan Zweig : Schachnovelle (Czentovic) - Director: Werner Hausmann
- 1960: Lev Tolstoy : Katjuscha (Menjschow) - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm
- 1960: Josef Martin Bauer : Geronimo and the Robbers (Vencento Dellaverena) - Director: Heinz-Günter Stamm (original radio play)
- 1961: Aeschylus : The Persians (Xerxes) - Director: Friedrich Siems
- 1961: Rudyard Kipling : Fischerjungen (2 parts) - Director: August Everding
- 1964: Werner Helmes : The Shard of Bacchus (Schrater, David) - Director: Rudolf Jürgen Bartsch (original radio play)
- 1976: Rolf and Alexandra Becker : Don't burn me: Dickie Dick Dickens & Co. (5th season: 1st to 4th and 6th episode) (Habakuk Benevuti) - Director: Peter M. Preissler (original radio plays)
- 1989: Karl Bruckmaier : Front. People at War (Soldier) - Director: Karl Bruckmaier
Narratives and stories
- 1994: The Thief of Trastevere. Stories from Italy. Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne 1994, ISBN 3-462-02330-6
- 1996: The lintel and other strange stories. Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne, ISBN 3-462-02576-7 .
- 2000: The Roman snowball. True and made up stories. Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne, ISBN 3-462-03036-1 .
- 2003: The Photographer of San Marco: The Italian Stories. Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne, ISBN 3-462-03354-9 .
- 1992: The Mouse Killer. Inglorious stories. Autobiography, Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne, ISBN 3-462-02160-5 .
- 2004: Heaven and Earth. Messy memories. Goldmann Verlag, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-442-15329-8 .
- 2005: Only with a needle. About my mother. Goldmann Verlag, Munich 2007, ISBN 3-442-15410-3 .
- 2005: Pictures of my life , with additions by Peter Berling , Helmut Dietl , Günter Grass , Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne, ISBN 978-3-462-03620-6 . (Autobiographical photo documentation)
- 2015: Take a bad look: Stories from my acting life. Kiepenheuer & Witsch, Cologne, ISBN 3-462-04827-9 .
Conversation / interview
- Gero von Boehm : Mario Adorf. September 13, 2006 . Interview in: Encounters. Images of man from three decades . Collection Rolf Heyne, Munich 2012, ISBN 978-3-89910-443-1 , pp. 379-388
Sound carrier (selection)
- 1994: Al dente - Live excerpts from the "Al Dente" program, Alte Oper Frankfurt. Munich: BMG records, EAN 743211990721
- 1996: Nice and bad - Adorf sings Kreisler . Munich: BMG records, EAN 74321403742
- 1998: Mario Adorf reads Christiane Kohl : The Jew and the Girl - A Forbidden Friendship in Nazi Germany . Hamburg: Hoffmann and Campe , ISBN 978-3-442-12968-3
- 2004: Mario Adorf reads Gerhart Hauptmann Bahnwärter Thiel . Berlin: Wortstark, ISBN 3-920111-21-4
- 2004: Mario Adorf reads heaven and earth . Munich: Der Hörverlag., ISBN 3-89940-428-9
- 2004: Mario Adorf reads The Photographer from San Marco . Munich: Der Hörverl., ISBN 3-89940-201-4
- 2004: Mario Adorf reads Der Fenstersturz . Munich: Der Hörverlag., ISBN 3-89940-454-8
- 2005: Mario Adorf reads The Roman Snowball . Munich: Der Hörverl., ISBN 3-89940-545-5
- 2006: Mario Adorf reads Maupassant : Under the Olive Trees . Munich: Süddeutsche Zeitung, ISBN 978-3-86615-367-7
- 2007: Schmidt . by Louis Begley . Random House Audio , ISBN 978-3-86604-750-1 .
- 2007: Mario Adorf reads Casanova , Reunion with a great love . Munich: LangenMüller, ISBN 978-3-7844-4135-1
- 2007: Joseph Roth : The legend of the holy drinker . Zurich: Diogenes-Verl., ISBN 978-3-257-80158-3
- 2008: Christmas with Mario Adorf - The most beautiful Christmas stories & songs. Hamburg: Tchibo GmbH
- 2008: Mario Adorf reads Alexander Granach , There goes a person . Munich: Kunstmann, ISBN 978-3-88897-542-4
- 2008: Death and the Devil , radio play. Munich: Der Hörverlag., ISBN 978-3-86717-321-6
- 2010: Mario Adorf reads the Germans' favorite ballads. Herder Verlag , ISBN 978-3-451-31607-4 .
- 2010: Mario Adorf reads Claire Din , Wings of Love . LC-23025, AM09107
- 2011: Adorf reads Goethe . Herder Verlag, ISBN 978-3-451-31892-4 .
- Lifelong actor - 65 years of age Mario Adorf Film portrait of Ilona Kalmbach . Germany 1995 ( ARD , in-house production by WDR ), 45 minutes.
- The best in the west - Mario Adorf . Film portrait of Ulrike Brincker . Germany 2008 ( WDR ), 45 minutes.
- It could have been worse - Mario Adorf. Feature documentary by Dominik Wessely . Germany 2019, 98 minutes
Awards and honors
- 1958: Federal Film Award : Filmband in Gold ( Best Young Actor ) for the night when the devil came
- 1958: Prize of the German Film Critics (Best Actor) for Night When the Devil Came
- 1974: Ernst Lubitsch Prize
- 1978: Bambi (Favorite Actor of the Year) for The Leading Actor
- 1979: Great Hersfeld Prize
- 1982: Federal Film Prize: Silver film tape for Lola
- 1986: German Actor Award (Best Actor) for Via Mala
- 1992: Golden Camera for overall artistic achievement
- 1992: Federal Film Prize: Gold film tape for Pizza Colonia
- 1993: Federal Cross of Merit
- 1993: Telestar for The Great Bellheim
- 1994: Golden Camera for The Great Bellheim
- 1994: Adolf Grimme Prize with gold for Der große Bellheim (together with Dieter Wedel , Heinz Schubert , Hans Korte and Will Quadflieg )
- 1995: Romy Platinum-Romy
- 1996: Golden Rascal
- 1996: Bavarian TV Prize together with Günter Strack and Heinz Hoenig for Der Schattenmann
- 1996: Carl Zuckmayer Medal
- 1997: Karl Valentin Order
- 1997: DIVA Award
- 2000: Bavarian Film Award : Honorary award for his life's work
- 2001: Large Federal Cross of Merit
- 2001: Honorary citizenship of the city of Mayen / ( Eifel ) (September 9th)
- 2003: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 2003: Siegfried Lowitz Prize
- 2003: Golden Ox - Honorary Prize of the Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania Film Festival
- 2004: German Film Prize : Gold Film Prize as an honorary award for outstanding services to German film
- 2004: Honorary member of Alemannia Aachen
- 2005: Order of Merit of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate
- 2005: Munich Film Festival : CineMerit Award
- 2006: 2nd place in the ZDF series Our Best in the show Favorite Actors
- 2006: Bambi (category culture)
- 2007: Golden Line
- 2009: Order against seriousness
- 2010: Star on the Boulevard of Stars in Berlin
- 2010: Honorary doctorate from Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz
- 2012: Golden camera for his life's work
- 2012: Berlin & Beyond Film Festival : Award for his life's work
- 2014: A path is named after him in Mayen
- 2016: Dresden Order of St. George
- 2016: Locarno International Film Festival : Awarded the Pardo alla carriera prize
- 2016: Bambi in the Lifetime Achievement category
- 2019: Herbert Strate Prize
- 2012: Mario Adorf… I can be angry too , Akademie der Künste , Berlin
- Meinolf Zurhorst , Heiko R. Blum : Mario Adorf. His films - his life. Heyne-Filmbibliothek, Volume 176. Heyne, Munich 1992, ISBN 3-453-05972-7 .
- Veronika Moritz: Mario Adorf. in: CineGraph , vol. 21, edition text + kritik, 1993.
- Torsten Musial (Ed.): Mario Adorf. ... I can be angry too. Academy of Arts Archive, Berlin 2012, ISBN 978-3-88331-178-4 .
- Literature by and about Mario Adorf in the catalog of the German National Library
- Mario Adorf in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Mario Adorf at filmportal.de (with photo gallery)
- Mario Adorf in the German dubbing file
- Website by Mario Adorf
- Star portrait at ORF
- Biography with pictures
- Mario Adorf Archive in the Archive of the Academy of Arts, Berlin
- Detlef Wulke: 09/08/1930 - birthday of Mario Adorf WDR ZeitZeichen (podcast).
- Spiegel Geld 1/2020, p. 23.
- Mario Adorf is 75 years old. In a book he tells of life with his mother Alice “Almost like a real gentleman” In: Berliner Zeitung , September 8, 2005, accessed on July 25, 2016.
- Actor Mario Adorf (88) supports our “We're not home children” initiative at www.wir-sind-doch-keine-heimkinder.de/, accessed on October 4, 2019
- Mario Adorf: "My mother gave me security" . In: ZEITmagazin . ( zeit.de [accessed on May 1, 2018]).
- Mario Adorf feels persecuted by the villain Santer In: Focus Online , December 5, 2013, accessed on July 25, 2016.
- Märchenunkel und Mafiapate ( Memento from September 11, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) In: news.de (accessed on September 8, 2010.)
- Mario Adorf prophesies the end of capitalism. In: Recklinghäuser Zeitung
- Hamburger Abendblatt: Will the dream come true? Mario Adorf wants to play Karl Marx , Jan. 1, 2010, accessed on July 26, 2018
- Film Karl Marx - the German prophet in the ZDFmediathek
- Interview by Christine Eichel: I was a war volunteer , in Cicero , accessed on July 26, 2018
- Ambassador Mario Adorf ( memento from January 18, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) at widex hearing aids
- VRM GmbH & Co KG: Worms: City awards Mario-Adorf-Preis - Wormser Zeitung. Retrieved June 24, 2019 .
- Mario Adorf Prize - Nibelungen Festival in Worms. Retrieved June 24, 2019 .
- WORLD: Ursula Strauss receives Mario Adorf Prize . August 5, 2018 ( welt.de [accessed June 24, 2019]).
- Mario-Adorf-Archiv inventory overview on the website of the Academy of Arts in Berlin.
- Mario Adorf: Sweet declaration of love to his wife. In: Brigitte.de. G + J Medien GmbH, December 23, 2018, accessed on August 18, 2019 .
- Tom Strohschneider : The great frown ; Review of the film from April 28, 2018 for the weekly newspaper Die Zeit (online at zeit.de, accessed on April 28, 2018)
- It could have been worse - Mario Adorf | It Could Have Been Worse - Mario Adorf. Retrieved June 10, 2019 .
- Mario Adorf awarded the «Golden Line» . In: Mitteldeutsche Zeitung . ( mz-web.de [accessed on May 17, 2017]).
- Ddp Deutscher Depeschendienst GmbH: Mario Adorf receives the medal , dated February 6, 2009, accessed on February 6, 2009.
- Mario Adorf receives an honorary doctorate from Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz , report in: Informationsdienst Wissenschaft from November 10, 2010, accessed on November 11, 2010.
- Mario Adorf receives an honorary doctorate from Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz , with pictures and video link, from November 19, 2010, accessed on November 23, 2010.
- Mayen names Burgweg after Mario Adorf. In: Rhein-Zeitung , June 30, 2014, accessed on July 25, 2016.
- Honorary award for Mario Adorf at the Locarno Film Festival ( Memento from August 21, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) In: idowa.de, August 8, 2016.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German actor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 8, 1930|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Zurich , Switzerland|