Portal history | Portal Biographies | Current events | Annual calendar
13th century |
| 15th century
◄ | 1290s | 1300s | 1310s | 1320s | 1330s | 1340s | 1350s | ►
◄◄ | ◄ | 1320 | 1321 | 1322 | 1323 | 1324 | 1325 | 1326 | 1327 | 1328 | ► | ►►
Calendar overview 1324
war of the four masters
against the city of Metz .
|1324 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||772/773 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||13. Tubes - Matlactli omey Acatl (until the end of January / beginning of February 12th Rabbit - Matlactli omome Tochtli )|
|Buddhist calendar||1867/68 (southern Buddhism); 1866/67 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||66./67. (67./68.) Cycle
Year of the Wood Rat甲子 ( at the beginning of the year Water Pig 癸亥)
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||686/687 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||724/725 (turn of the year 17th / 18th December)|
|Jewish calendar||5084/85 (September 19-20)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1634/35 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1635/36 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1380/81|
Politics and world events
Conflict between King and Pope
- March 23rd : Pope John XXII. imposes the ban on King Ludwig IV , Bavaria.
- May 22 : In the Sachsenhausen appellation of Ludwig IV, the Pope's interference in political affairs is rejected.
- June 11 : John XXII. declares Ludwig IV deposed and forfeited all dignity.
- June 24th : Marsilius of Padua publishes Defensor pacis (dedicated to Ludwig IV), in which an anti-clerical state theory based on the doctrine of popular sovereignty is developed.
Further events in the empire
- For unknown reasons, a military conflict broke out between Henri de la Tour-du-Pin , the Bishop of Metz and Duke Frederick IV of Lorraine . Friedrich therefore sends an authorized representative to Pope John XXII in May . to complain about the bishop's behavior. On June 13, the Pope called on both sides to make peace and to make reparation for the damage caused.
- August 25th : Johann von Luxemburg , his uncle Balduin von Luxemburg , Archbishop von Trier , Count Edward I von Bar and Duke Friedrich IV. Von Lorraine meet in Remich and form a coalition to take over the city of Metz .
- September 15th : In the war of the four masters , the citizens of Metz , whose independence is to fall, fight against the four nobles. They receive military support in the conflict from the city of Strasbourg .
- At the end of September the four gentlemen begin to siege the city and devastate the surrounding area.
- The monk's bastion in Bautzen is built.
- The Munich coat of arms is given the imperial colors black and gold. The city housed the imperial regalia until 1350 .
- July 6th : The previous Grand Commander Werner von Orseln is elected 17th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order by the General Chapter in Marienburg to succeed Karl von Trier, who died in his hometown on February 11th .
City rights and first documentary mentions
- Biesendorf , Cernier , Hersiwil , Fürstenau , Fürstenwalde , Seiffen and Selgetsweiler are first mentioned in a document.
- Hildburghausen receives city rights .
- The pilgrimage of King Mansa Musa of the Mali Empire leads to a fall in the price of gold in Cairo .
science and technology
- The Oriel College of the University of Oxford is founded by Adam de Brome.
Culture, religion, nature
- November 10 : With the papal bull Quia quorundam , Pope John XXII answers . on the allegations of the Roman-German King Ludwig of Bavaria and accused him of being a heretic . Ludwig of Bavaria has in poverty dispute on the side of the Franciscans made and defended the ideal of poverty. With this bull, the Pope takes up the dispute again and recommends that opponents of his theory be taught by the universities .
- Barnabas Cagnoli von Vercelli becomes 15th Master of the Dominicans .
- Meister Eckhart teaches as Lector Primarius at the General Studies of the Dominicans in Cologne.
- The Charterhouse of Mainz is inhabited by about five years of construction by monks of the Charterhouse St. Peterstal near Kiedrich in the Rheingau.
- In the municipality of Faistenau in the prince-archbishopric of Salzburg is under Archbishop Friedrich III. Leibnitz built a branch church. At this point in time, the village linden tree in Faistenau has probably already been planted.
- 1324/ 1325 : John XXII. allows the Ars antiqua as the only polyphonic music in the churches.
- Floods of the Yellow River in China and the ensuing famine lead to around 8 million deaths.
Historical maps and views
Date of birth saved
Exact date of birth unknown
- Adelheid of Hesse , Queen of Poland († 1371 )
- Beatrix von Mecklenburg , abbess in the Poor Clare monastery in Ribnitz († 1399 )
- Demetrios Kydones , Byzantine theologian and leading minister († 1397 )
- Ludwig von Durazzo , Count of Gravina († 1362 )
- Magnus II , Prince of Lüneburg and Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel († 1373 )
- Vettor Pisani , Venetian admiral († 1380 )
- William von Wykeham , Bishop of Winchester and Lord Chancellor of England († 1404 )
Date of death secured
- January 8 : Marco Polo , Venetian merchant and traveler to East Asia (* 1254 )
- January 23 : Fulk Lestrange , English nobleman and seneschal of Aquitaine (* around 1267 )
- February 8th : Marquard I. von Hagel , Prince-Bishop of Eichstätt
- February 11 : Karl von Trier , Grand Master of the Teutonic Order (* around 1265 )
- March 21 : Leo von Erteneburg , Canon of Hamburg, Lübeck and Schwerin
- March 26 : Maria of Luxembourg , Queen of France (* 1304 )
- April 26th : Johann Wulfing von Schlackenwerth , Bishop of Brixen and Prince-Bishop of Bamberg and Freising
- May 14 : Gottfried von Waldeck , Bishop of Minden (* 1255 / 60 )
- June 2 : Isabella of Ibelin , Queen of Cyprus and Jerusalem (* 1241 )
- June 23 : Aymer de Valence , English magnate (* between 1273 and 1275)
- July 8th : Gertrud II. Von Boventhen , abbess of the Gernrode monastery
- July 16 : Go-Uda , Tennō (Emperor) of Japan (* 1267 )
- August 7th : Heinrich von St. Gallen , Abbot of Wettingen Monastery
- September 4th : Sancho I , King of Mallorca, Count Cerdanya and Roussillon, and Lord of Montpellier (* 1277 )
- November 3rd : Petronilla de Meath , maid who was the first woman in Ireland to be burned as a witch (* around 1300 )
- November 11th : Heinrich VII , Count of Schwarzburg-Blankenburg
- November 25th : Johannes von Thuchem , Bishop of Brandenburg
- November 28 : Werner von Bolanden , Canon in Speyer and Mainz
Exact date of death unknown
- Baldwin , abbot of Saint Emmeram
- John Carew , English knight
- Dino Compagni , Florentine merchant, politician and chronicler (* around 1246 )
- Dietrich II von Volmerstein , German nobleman
- Henry II , King of Jerusalem and Cyprus (* 1271 )
- Johann II. , Count of Sponheim (* around 1267 )
- John de Botetourt , English fleet commander
- Conrad IV , Bishop of Cammin
- Otto II , Count of Hoya (* 1271 )
- William Martin , English nobleman (* around 1257 )
Died around 1324
Commons : 1324 - Collection of pictures, videos and audio files