|publishing company||Pabel-Moewig ( Germany )|
|Frequency of publication||weekly|
Perry Rhodan is the title character of the German science fiction series of the same name , which has been published every week since September 8, 1961 in the form of magazine novels with a print run of around 80,000 issues (as of 2011) at Verlagsunion Pabel-Moewig , a subsidiary of Bauer Media Group appears. So far, more than 3000 issues with around 160,000 pages have been published.
Since the 1950s, the so-called space race between the USA and the Soviet Union had come about . In July 1960, a conference was held in Washington at which NASA and various industrial companies worked out a long-term plan for space travel. A manned orbit around the moon was planned. Against this background, Moewig-Verlag started the series “Perry Rhodan, the heir of the universe. The big SPACE SERIES ”(original spelling on the title page). Originally only intended as a 30- to 50-volume series, Perry Rhodan became the world's most successful science fiction and novel series and at the same time the oldest, longest-lasting and most-read product in German post-war literature with over a billion books sold. The print run increased over the years and reached 160,000 issues in 2004. Unlike most of the other series of novels, Perry Rhodan does not consist of unconnected individual novels, but is designed as a series with a continuous, increasingly complex storyline and is now »the most extensive and longest ongoing serial history of the world «. The author Andreas Eschbach has drawn attention to the fact that Perry Rhodan, with a volume of around 560 volumes of Harry Potter or 120 volumes of War and Peace , actually represents the longest ongoing narrative in literary history.
The series now appears - in addition to the original booklet form - in the form of hard covers , paperbacks , radio plays , audio books and e-books . The first edition of the series reached number 3000 on February 15, 2019, which marked the beginning of the 42nd cycle Mythos .
The plot of the Perry-Rhodan series is divided into so-called cycles . In terms of content, these are largely complete sections of the plot and usually comprise 50 or 100 booklet novels. However, this classification was made retrospectively for the first 199 volumes. The first cycle designed by the authors from the very beginning began with number 200. Perry-Rhodan cycles that are still famous and praised today include Meister der Insel (books 200–299), Aphilie (books 700–799) and Die Cantaro (Issues 1400-1499). More recently, large cycles with overarching plot sections of up to 400 booklet novels have been formed: The great cosmic riddle (booklets 1600–1799) and Thoregon (booklets 1800–2199).
The hallmarks of the series include the recurring reference to people, places or events from long past episodes, sometimes also a "reinterpretation of what has already happened in the light of newly acquired knowledge". The basic idea of the Perry-Rhodan series is the development of a kind of »future human history«, which »begins in our present time, with the manned flight to the moon, understandable and realistic technology that is gradually being expanded«. This »ingenious device« of »anchoring the future scenario in the here and now has always later proven to be the foundation of the series«. The opening credits of the first issue characterize the leitmotif as follows:
“Perry Rhodan [...] leads us into the millennia lying ahead of us and across abysses to the realms of stars that have been waiting for us for millions of years. It leads into a time in which the descendants of the earth only talk like a myth and a lonely planet revolves around a long-extinct sun that was once the center of the universe. "
There is now a whole series of cultural studies studies on the Perry-Rhodan series . The primarily ideology-critical approach of the 1970s, which accused the series of fascist tendencies, was replaced in the 1980s by approaches that were free of value judgments. Around 2003 this approach was continued in Perry Rhodan Studies .
The action begins in 1971 AD, when the earth is divided into three major camps: the Western Bloc , a NATO- like confederation of states under the leadership of the USA , the China- dominated Asian Federation, and the less significant, Moscow- led one Eastern bloc . The human race is about to World War III between the great power blocs and thus their atomic self-destruction.
The confrontation on earth is also conducted through the race to the moon , which the western bloc wins. The action begins with the launch of the American spacecraft STARDUST under the command of Major Perry Rhodan. After the emergency landing on the moon, the crew found a wrecked extraterrestrial research spaceship belonging to the human-like people of the Arkonides on the far side . With its crew, at the instigation of the Arkonide scientist Crest, the first contact between humans and extraterrestrials takes place. The Arkonides make it clear to Rhodan that people are only one people among many in the Milky Way and that hundreds of well-known civilizations exist and do space travel there.
With the help of Arkonide technology and the necessary know-how provided by Crest, Rhodan succeeds in preventing a nuclear world war : he ends up in the Gobi desert , refuses to hand over the extraterrestrial technology to the western bloc and deserted. In the desert, in the middle of Chinese territory, he established a neutral state, which he called the Third Power , and committed himself and its goals to all of humanity. Rhodan, who has been declared the number one enemy of the world by all the great powers on earth, manages to gather more people around him. Together they are stabilizing the young state and warding off initial threats.
With a dinghy from the Arkonide ship, Rhodan begins to explore the closer galactic environment in the Milky Way . During one of these first expeditions to Vega , Rhodan stumbled upon a galactic riddle that was created ages ago. After completing various tasks, he arrives at the artificial planet Wanderer and its builder, the superintelligence ES . This collective spiritual being, which is on a higher cosmic evolutionary stage, granted him and some companions relative immortality in 1976 AD . This gives Rhodan time to pursue his goals in the long term.
More and more people are realizing that the earth's inhabitants can only survive in the uncertainty of their future if they are united. In the course of time and in the face of the dangers arising from the Milky Way, Rhodan and his colleagues succeed in uniting humanity. The ultra-modern city of Terrania , now built in the Gobi desert, will become the capital of united humanity. People quickly adapt the Arkonide technology. In 1990 the Solar Empire was founded and the colonization of new solar systems and the building of a galactic civilization of humans, who now call themselves Terrans , began. Perry Rhodan becomes head of government of the earth and the solar empire several times through democratic elections, which through its rapid rise is developing into an important power factor in the Milky Way and increasingly attracting the attention of other galactic civilizations. During this time, the equally immortal Arkonide Atlan wakes up from his deep sleep on earth and, after confusion, becomes a close ally and friend of Rhodan and a decisive person next to him to this day.
In various cycles of action, the solar empire is threatened again and again in the following centuries and fights for its existence. During the battle against the masters of the island around 2400 AD, it is revealed that modern mankind, like the Arkonides, are descendants of the first humans, the Lemurians . The Lemurians colonized and ruled from Earth as early as 50,000 BC. The Milky Way. The era of the Solar Empire did not end until 3460 AD with the invasion of the space fleets from the Council of Seven . This extragalactic community of peoples is gradually taking control of the peoples of the Milky Way. In order to escape the occupation, the Terrans make the earth itself into a spaceship and leave the galaxy with it . Human and non-human races of the Milky Way form a galactic community on the initiative of the lagging Atlan to help one another and to fight the council in the long term. Rhodan and his companions meanwhile have to insist on odyssey through the galaxies against superintelligence and other powers. It was not until 125 years later that the council was driven out of the Milky Way and the earth returned to the solar system . The League of Free Terrans (LFT) is proclaimed there on January 1st, 3586 AD . Even in the presence of the plot of the series, it is still the political home of the people.
The booklet novel 1000 ( Der Terraner , published in 1980) describes the beginning of the New Galactic Era (NGZ) , whose year 1 corresponds to the year 3588 AD. In the following years, Rhodan and his colleagues repeatedly protected the Milky Way from threats. It is becoming increasingly clear that many of these threats result from the actions and conflicts of the High Cosmic Powers , in which the Milky Way and the Terrans in particular are increasingly involved. In the great cycle of Moral Code it becomes increasingly clear to the Terrans that two sides are fighting for sovereignty in the multiverse: the cosmocrats ( powers of order) and the chaotic arches ( powers of chaos). Terrans as well as the other galactic civilizations are only pawns on their playing field, since these powers are too remote to take the needs of individual life into consideration. Rhodan and Atlan are consecrated as knights of the deep in 425 NGZ , an order committed to the cosmic order. They are thus de facto representatives of the cosmic powers of order, but later fall out with them and subsequently try to go their own, more neutral paths. The immortals keep their relative immortality (large cycle: cell activators ) and they discover the other side of the universe (large cycle: the great cosmic riddle ).
During these centuries, Rhodan avoided interfering with the other immortal actors and friends in the political leadership of Terra. However, the Terrans themselves recognize again and again that their civilization, the Sol system and also the Milky Way are focal points of cosmic history and plot. Although they long for peaceful, calm epochs, they are seldom granted them.
The booklet 2000 ( ES , published in 1999) describes Rhodan's return to the political leadership of the LFT in 1303 NGZ (4890 AD) and his election as a Terran resident . During this time, the Arkonide crystal empire rose again to the dominant power factor in the Milky Way and became the LFT's fiercest competitor thanks to the immortal Emperor Bostich I. Under Rhodan's renewed leadership, the Terrans tried in vain around the beginning of the 14th century NGZ (approx. 4,900 AD) to free themselves from the endless conflict of the High Cosmic Powers and to switch to a supposed, neutral side (major cycle: Thoregon ) . This project ultimately fails and so the Terrans are still one of the most important support peoples of the superintelligence ES, which is officially clearly on the side of the regulatory powers, but apparently also pursues its own goals in the background.
From volume 2200, during the conflict in the star ocean of Jamondi, it becomes apparent that the local group has come into the focus of the Chaotarchs . They want to build a Negasphere in the nearby galaxy Hangay. In this the valid cosmic laws are suspended and the forces of chaos rule. The peoples of the Milky Way are on the verge of annihilation when the huge space fleet Terminal Column Traitor , sent by the Chaos Forces for this purpose, seizes the Milky Way and its neighboring galaxies. With the help of many allies, Rhodan organizes the fight against the Terminal Column and its commanders, the negative superintelligence KOLTOROC. By traveling back in time, he can observe the elimination of another Negasphere, learn from it and find means to eliminate the Negasphere in Hangay. Only barely and with a lot of luck do the Milky Way peoples escape - for the time being - the conflict between the High Cosmic Powers, which has been going on for billions of years, but in the fight against KOLTOROC Rhodan loses his aura as a knight of the deep.
The plot of the booklet novel 2500, published in July 2009, begins in the year 5050 AD (year 1463 NGZ) and opens the Stardust cycle as a new chapter in future human history . He is under the sign of further secrets and an ultimate threat to ES, the Terran colony in the galaxy Anthuresta and the conflict with the VATROX entities.
In 1514 NGZ, the Milky Way comes under the control of the "Atopic Tribunal" (from issue 2700), whose origins lie in the "Jenzeiten Landen", a previously unknown region of the universe, to which Perry Rhodan starts an expedition in 1517 (NGZ) (from volume 2800).
With volume 3000 "Mythos Earth", which marks the start of the Mythos cycle , there is a narrative leap in time of almost 500 years, whereby Perry Rhodan and his crew find themselves in a Milky Way in which the earth and himself are only a legend , whose veracity many doubt.
In the 3072nd volume of the series entitled "Der Ilt muss die" (The Ilt Must Die), the death of the mouse beaver Pucky led to violent reactions from the fans of the series. The publisher received a lot of e-mails on this subject, and there was very controversial discussion on the series' Facebook page. The exposé author Wim Vandemaan apologized for the manner of death in a statement on the series' website. Especially since the presentation of the story had not been clear enough that the reader had not been clear enough about the hidden plot of letting a clone of Pucky die.
The term Perryversum describes the fictional parallel cosmos in which the adventures of the protagonists of the Perry-Rhodan series are told: a now highly complex mythology of the booklet series produced since 1961.
The individual novels often treat the cosmological orientation as a kind of "background noise" within the framework of which individual fates take place. The authors make every effort not to lose touch with the wishes, thoughts and hopes of individual people. The conflicts that arise are similar to what we know from everyday life, only that many ideas from science fiction can now determine this everyday life. This includes, for example, phenomena of parapsychology as well as the opportunity to experience distant worlds and foreign cultures. The descriptions of foreign civilizations, their individuals and their problems are often worth reading. Often double volumes (i.e. two volumes by one author in a row on the same subject) are devoted to the history and culture of a newly introduced civilization or the life story of a new, important figure.
As a child, Perry Rhodan is selected by the superintelligence ES for the cosmic events of the future and "instructed" accordingly to get to the moon and later take on the inheritance of the Arkonides . These were chosen in vain by ES to bring peace to the peoples of the galaxy, since after their expansive phase they did not develop further, but degenerated. With such planning, ES reckons with periods of decades of years, so that Perry Rhodan receives a cell activator specially tailored to him, like the Arkonide Atlan , which stranded on earth 10,000 years ago and after which the submerged continent Atlantis was named. Another 25 activators that can be worn by each individual were scattered around the Milky Way by ES and, once they have been found, also guarantee relative immortality to some of Perry Rhodan's confidants. This is only relative because it only prevents natural death from aging or disease. Immortality is not absolute because the wearer can die from accident or violence. Later, the egg-shaped activators worn on a necklace are exchanged by ES for chips implanted in the shoulder. The activator chips are adjusted to the respective carrier and can no longer be easily transferred.
The stages of development that appear in the series represent cosmic evolution . The Perry-Rhodan universe is based on the so-called onion skin model . It consists of the following stages:
- microbiological life
- intelligent life
- Building a civilization
- Discovery of space travel
- interstellar civilization
- Evolutionary leap from a civilization to a superintelligence
- Establishment of an agglomeration: a region of space made up of several galaxies
- Development of a super intelligence including a concentration of power into a source / sink of matter
- Further development to order power or chaos power ("cosmocrats" / "chaotarchs")
Superintelligence is the next level of development after the individual . Billions of individuals unite to form a being that absorbs the individual spiritual consciousnesses in a collective consciousness. Other superintelligences develop from individual beings or cosmic events, e.g. B. the meeting of an artificial wave (prior wave) with cosmic nebula. The sphere of influence of a superintelligence usually comprises a cluster of galaxies . The superintelligence ES is responsible for the Local Group , a galaxy cluster that contains the Milky Way , the Andromeda Nebula, Hangay, M 33 , the Large and Small Magellanic Clouds , Andro-Alpha , Andro-Beta , Fornax , Sagittarius and NGC 6822 .
Superintelligences usually join one side of the so-called high powers . These are either the forces of order or the forces of chaos. The powers of order are referred to as "cosmocrats", the powers of chaos as "Chaotarchs". These beings are the highest level of development known to date. Between the superintelligence and the forces of chaos or order, there is the development stage of the material sources and material sinks from which the higher cosmic forces develop. In addition to the Chaotarchs and Cosmocrats, there are other cosmic powers, for example the mother of entropy .
As a rule, the regulatory powers do not represent "the good", but the preservation of the cosmic order, which is expressed, for example, by the laws of nature . As a result, the forces of chaos do not represent "evil," but instead advocate uncontrolled development. According to the ideas of the series authors, the development of life through evolution leads to a polarization of the cosmic forces, the conflicting of which prevents the dynamics of life from solidifying. Thus both sides are equally necessary for the universe. The idea of the never-ending struggle between order and chaos is an integral part of the dynamics of the series and the Perry-Rhodan universe.
Both sides of the High Cosmic Powers try to use the subordinate beings and civilizations for their respective goals. This contradicts the ideals of freedom of the character Perry Rhodan and leads to his conflicts with both sides. The high powers do not shy away from sacrificing civilizations made up of billions of beings and even entire galaxies for their goals. The cosmocrats, for example, also eliminate young superintelligence in order to counteract an overpopulation of the universe, although millions of years ago they brought life to all corners of the universe with the help of swarms (wandering small galaxies) in order to consolidate ordered structures.
The series also describes a third way at times, in which several civilizations tried to emancipate themselves from the high cosmic powers under the leadership of a superintelligence named Thoregon . Thoregon was a superintelligence whose existence was threatened by the population policy of the cosmocrats and who tried to evade the influence of the high powers. The cosmocrats did not tolerate this attempt because it jeopardized their position of power and made it fail. The cosmocrats would not have hesitated to sacrifice thousands of galaxies and their inhabitants in order to prevent the success of the Thoregon project. This illustrates the remoteness of the high cosmic powers from the needs of the individual or of civilizations.
The existence of the universe in its observable form is determined by so-called cosmonucleotides , which convey their messages - which determine the laws of nature - via messengers . The cosmonucleotide system has a similar structure to the genetic code . Just as the genes made up of DNA (deoxyribonucleic acid) determine the development and dynamics of the living organism, so do cosmonucleotides for the further development of the respective universe.
The cosmocrats call the totality of cosmonucleotides the moral code , while the chaos powers call it the code of development . The moral code is often manipulated by the high powers, but it was not created by them and to a certain extent symbolizes the development program of creation in the creative interplay between order and chaos. Even the High Powers do not know everything about the origin and origin of the code, and so Perry Rhodan was sent by the cosmocrats to search for the answers to the Three Ultimatas questions . The answers to the first two questions were intended as a test and were already known to the cosmocrats, but they do not know all aspects of the answer to the third question, which is: "Who initiated the LAW and what does it do?" Perry Rhodan had the chance to get the answer to the third ultimate question on the mountain of creation . However, he refused, realizing that the answer could destroy his mind. The negative superintelligence Koltoroc, on the other hand, claimed to have received the answer 69 million years ago on the Neganen Berg . No further information is known yet.
In the novel series, technology of various kinds enables interstellar space travel . As in many other SciFi series, the authors of Perry Rhodan introduce higher dimensions with their own physical laws in order to be able to overcome great distances: the five-dimensional hyperspace , the half-five-dimensional linear space and the half-six-dimensional Dakkar space and the six-dimensional empty space. In these hyper space universes as a curved four-dimensional spacetime - manifolds embedded.
The characters in the narrative use various techniques to cross the individual higher-dimensional spaces: they use transitions to cross the five-dimensional hyperspace; To do this, a spaceship dematerializes in normal space, jumps into hyperspace and materializes at another point in normal space, which can be many light years away. The so-called linear flight offers greater ranges and lower energy consumption while at the same time reducing the burden on man and machine . In this case, the spaceship does not completely dematerialize from normal space, but flies in a half-space zone between normal space and hyperspace in linear flight with a view of the target. In this way, the cumbersome jump calculations required for hyperspace are avoided. Other forms of propulsion for intergalactic flight, such as the dimetrane engine, allow jumps from galaxy center to galaxy center.
The PR universe also uses concepts from general relativity , however, special relativity is rarely followed in the actions. In some novels, dilation flights are used to cover great distances or long periods of time. Even time travel play a role. Specifically, the Thoregon cycle (dime novel 1800-2199) follows the theory that even if time travel into the past changes and Zeitparadoxa are not possible and so-called time loops always remain closed ( "It happens because it happened"). As far as changes do manifest themselves, they can be explained by the change of time travelers into a parallel universe in which their manipulations were successful. This preserves the paradigm "It happens because it happened". The series is based on the many-worlds interpretation and the existence of a multiverse , for which the physicist David Deutsch, among others, developed scientific theories.
Due to the highly developed technology it is granted to some people to be immortal. However, this is only possible with the help of a much more developed people. First, said people were given cell showers . These ensured relative immortality for 62 years. Later on, the people are given cell activators that stop the aging process when they are worn. If the said cell activator is taken off after more than 8 days of wearing time, the person in question dies after 62 hours.
Compared to today's possibilities and considerations, other technologies are highly developed, but still tangible: For example, the mainframe computer Nathan Terra, which is set up on the Earth's moon, controls the central planet of humanity and with it the solar system. This control also includes the complete traffic control system - both for ground-based vehicles and spaceships -, the supply of goods, military production, control and security and other areas. There are humanoid robots, but they are recognizable as such (they are not androids ), and nano-sized computers in every imaginable area of human life, such as clothing, living space, at work, in accessories, etc.
The demands of the series on action-packed action dictate the great role played by weapons technology: pulse cannons (energetic plasma weapons ) and disintegrators are standard equipment on spaceships; the main Terran weapon, however, is the transform cannon , which fires nuclear weapons with gigatons of explosive power. Other offensive branches of arms are space torpedoes and mines, forts and satellites, and occasionally small moons or similarly developed stations. The defensive branches of arms include a. Normal- energy protective screens ( impact screens ) or high-energy overload screens ( HÜ ). The main genre is the so-called paratron screen, which emits incident energies into hyperspace; In addition, there are various other types of umbrella such as the counter- field screen , the dark fields (camouflage screens) or the fractal tear-open bells (significantly improved paratron screens ).
The series authors finally counteracted the problem of constantly developing technology and the associated gigantomania ( even larger ships, even stronger weapons, even stronger umbrellas, etc.) and the cycle of armament within the novel: The cosmic regulatory powers have 1331 NGZ through the Increasing the so-called hyperimpedance readjusted the hyperphysical resistance. As a result, most of the advanced technologies that have become a matter of course fail and must be replaced by more robust, older technology. This leads to a significant reduction in the technological performance of civilizations throughout the known universe.
|Large cycle||cycle||Notebook novels||Silver volumes|
|Milky Way||The third power||1||49||1||6th|
|Atlan and Arkon||50||99||7th||12|
|The second empire||150||199||18th||20th|
|Alien galaxies||The masters of the island||200||299||21st||32|
|The fall of the empire||The Cappins||400||499||45||54|
|The old mutants||570||599||64||67|
|The cosmic game of chess||600||649||68||73|
|The Cosmic Castles||900||999||106||118|
|Moral code||The Cosmic Hanseatic League||1000||1099||119||129|
|The Endless Armada||1100||1199||130||142|
|The goers of the network||1300||1349|
|Cell activators||The Cantaro||1400||1499|
|The great cosmic riddle||The Ennox||1600||1649|
|The great void||1650||1699|
|The heliotic bulwarks||1876||1899|
|The sixth messenger||1900||1949|
|The solar residence||2000||2099|
|The kingdom of Tradom||2100||2199|
|Peace Rider||The star ocean||2200||2299|
|The Atopic Tribunal||2700||2799|
|The lands on the other side||2800||2874|
|The star crypt||2875||2899|
The series is divided into cycles and, more recently, large cycles. The thematic subdivision of the novel has its origins in the endeavor to offer the readers the beginning of a new plot section for the respective 50 or 100 anniversary volumes. Attempts to make the change of the plot sections more smoothly met with the rejection of many readers.
The term large cycle is used for the first time in connection with the prospect of volumes 1600 to 1799. The summary of previous booklets on large cycles and their naming took place afterwards. It is also no longer possible to determine when the term "cycle" was introduced and when each was named. From volumes 100 to 199 there were a total of four topics, each with 20 to 30 issues. Volumes 200 to 299 and 300 to 399 were the first with superordinate and self-contained plot sections and they were also separated from the surrounding plot sections in series. Hence the appearance of the term cycle with the 400 volumes is likely.
A fully planned major cycle like the Thoregon cycle will no longer exist because of the great effort and difficulty involved.
- 1961: The Moewig-Verlag commissions Karl-Herbert Scheer and Clark Darlton (real name Walter Ernsting ) with the conception of a new weekly SciFi series "with a fixed hero" in 30 to 50 volumes. In September issue no. 1 appears: The Stardust Company . Johnny Bruck designed the cover picture .
- 1962: The series introduces two of the most popular characters, the mouse beaver Pucky and the Arkonide Atlan (issue No. 18 and No. 50, respectively); both still belong to the main characters in the current plot.
- 1963: William Voltz writes his first novel for the Perry Rhodan series. Johnny Bruck draws the forerunner of the crack drawings . Booklet No. 100 appears.
- 1964: At the beginning of September the first paperback is published under the title Planet der Mock .
- 1965: The first sketch appears in issue no.192 and shows a spherical spaceship .
- 1967: The lexicon page is introduced in issue No. 278 and the reader contact page ( LKS ) in issue No. 302. The Perry Rhodan film SOS from Space will be released in October . Publication of the first Perry Rhodan comics.
- 1968: The first volume in the comic series Perry, our man in space appears.
- 1969: On February 2, the sister series Atlan starts . The booklets initially appear every four weeks and from the following year every two weeks.
- 1971: Booklet No. 500 appears in April. Publication of the first Perry-Rhodan Lexicon and, in November, the first volume of sketch drawings with 50 sketch drawings.
- 1973: The Atlan series changes its publication frequency to weekly.
- 1974: On July 16, William Voltz takes over the editing of the exposé from issue 674; the first Perry-Rhodan radio plays appear.
- 1975: Publication of the first Perry Rhodan yearbook on May 26th.
- 1976: On February 2, the first Perry-Rhodan Report appears in issue no.752.
- 1977: Publication of the second volume of drawings. The first issue of Perry-Rhodan-Magazin appears on October 3rd.
- 1978: Sales start of the first silver ribbon on September 5th. It combines the first five issues of the series in a revised version in one book; since then, three new silver volumes have been published annually, and four from 1996 onwards.
- 1980: The first Perry-Rhodan-WorldCon takes place in Mannheim in October for the publication of issue no. 1000 Der Terraner by William Voltz . On this occasion, the first anniversary volume is being published as a paperback. Publication of the space atlas.
- 1981: For the twentieth anniversary, the second anniversary volume is published, Atlan issue No. 500.
- 1983: Publication of the second Perry-Rhodan Lexicon. William Voltz publishes his last novel, Einstein's Tears, in No. 1165. To reach the world circulation of 800 million copies, the anniversary volume 4 appears.
- 1984: William Voltz succumbs to cancer on March 24th, causing the Perry-Rhodan series to lose one of its most important, popular and formative authors. Editorial reform in order to have more than just one person responsible for exposé in future. Anniversary volume 5 will be published to reach the global circulation of 900 million copies. In the same year twelve Perry-Rhodan radio play cassettes will be released.
- 1985: Anniversary volume 6 appears to reach the world edition of 1 billion copies.
- 1986: For the 25th anniversary of the series, the 2nd Perry-Rhodan-WorldCon takes place in Saarbrücken and the 7th anniversary volume is published.
- 1988: On January 18, the last Atlan issue is issue No. 850 under the title Transfer .
- 1990: On May 16, issue No. 1500 appears under the title Call of Immortality .
- 1991: On August 24th and 25th, the 3rd Perry-Rhodan-WorldCon takes place in Karlsruhe for the 30th anniversary of the Perry-Rhodan series .
- 1991: On September 15, the co-founder and first author of the series, Karl-Herbert Scheer , dies .
- 1992: The first Atlan hardcover volume appears.
- 1993: Kurt Mahr (alias Klaus Otto Mahn), author of the first hour , dies on June 27th (first PR novel was No. 5 Atom-Alarm ).
- 1995: Johnny Bruck dies on October 6th , who up to then had drawn all the cover pictures of the Perry Rhodan books. His last cover picture appears on volume 1799.
- 1999: On December 21, issue No. 2000 appears under the title ES , on this occasion the 4th Perry-Rhodan-Weltcon takes place in Mainz .
- 2001: 40 years of Perry Rhodan; a special edition of the Perry-Rhodan-Magazin appears.
- 2005: On January 15th, the series' co-founder and writer, Clark Darlton (aka Walter Ernsting) , dies .
- 2005: On December 5th, the 6th edition of the series starts as an e-book at readersplanet . Two volumes appear per week.
- 2006: On September 9th, the Perry-Rhodan series celebrates its 45th anniversary in the Goethe-Forum in Munich .
- 2007: On August 17th, issue No. 2400 appears under the title Zielzeit . The novels are now being published in parallel as audio books , produced by Eins A Medien .
- 2007: The anniversary silver volume 100 is published for the Frankfurt Book Fair . a. the revised booklet novel Bardioc (No. 850).
- 2008: In April the first of a total of 36 volumes of a new Perry-Rhodan series is available in stores. Under the title Perry Rhodan Action they tell adventurous stories from the past of the series until August 2009.
- 2008: Ernst Vlcek dies on April 22nd . He was the author of the exposé for volumes 1211 to 1999.
- 2009: On July 17th, issue No. 2500 appears under the title Projekt Saturn . From volume 2505, Uwe Anton takes on the design of the exposé from Robert Feldhoff , who dies on August 17th after a serious illness.
- 2011: Shortly before the 50th anniversary of the series, issue No. 2600 appears on June 17th under the title Das Thanatos-Programm by Uwe Anton. The 5th WeltCon takes place in Mannheim.
- 2011: The new paperback series Perry Rhodan Neo starts on September 30, 2011 , the paperbacks appear every two weeks on Fridays.
- 2013: On May 17, 2013, issue No. 2700 appears under the title Der Techno-Mond . Christian Montillon and Wim Vandemaan take over the design of the exposé from Uwe Anton .
- 2019: On February 15, 2019, the novel No. 3000, written by the synopsis authors Christian Montillon and Wim Vandemaan, will be published under the title Mythos Earth .
- 2019: On February 27, 2019 Fischer TOR Verlag will publish the prequel Perry Rhodan - The Greatest Adventure by Andreas Eschbach , a fictional biography that deals with Perry Rhodan's life up to the moon flight.
For the first thirty years Günter M. Schelwokat supervised the series as a feared editor among the authors.
The series in the real world
Critical considerations of the series
The Terrans in the series initially pursued (in real time: 1960s to early 1970s) a strong expansionism and colonialism that served to protect themselves and to expand their territory. The real East-West conflict was reflected here in the novels and initially led to a rather rigid friend-foe thinking. The most frequent point of criticism at that time was why the limited group of ES chosen immortals around Perry Rhodan continuously directed the fortunes of a democracy for centuries without having been voted out of office once. That is why in the 1960s and 1970s, for example by Robert Jungk , Jürgen and Beate Ellerbrock and Frank Thieße, the accusation of fascist tendencies was raised. This accusation was based on superficial observations of the series - the publisher itself (which also sold the Landser Hefte ) was viewed critically , as was the figure of Atlan, perceived by critics as a “denazified super-Aryan”, and other extremely stereotypical supporting characters, as well the use of outdated theories (such as contraction theory to explain Atlantis or elements of race theory to explain why extraterrestrial civilizations have degenerated). These accusations were criticized for their part as polemical and baseless, especially since the series developed in accordance with the zeitgeist; the intention of the authors has always been to portray an open and pluralistic future society.
In the course of time, and above all when the exposé editing was handed over to William Voltz in 1975, the content of the series actually changed: the Terran solar empire hegemonic in the Milky Way for several centuries was smashed by extralactic invaders (1975 real time). In the following (late 1970s, early 1980s) the series also turned to esoteric content, for example when Rhodan was confronted with the ultimatums. With the temporary collapse of previously ordered social structures ( Cantaro cycle, late 1980s), the series took up ideas from cyberpunk . In the 400-volume Thoregon cycle (mid-1990s to early 2000s) the question of a third way between the two polarizing powers of the universe was very much discussed and a solution was sought as to how the Milky Way can live in peace. In the presence of action, the Terrans in the Milky Way are portrayed as one, albeit important, people among many in the galactic community who have gathered in the new Galactic ( Stardust Cycle 2009) under the leadership of another Milky Way people.
Despite the diversity of life forms, characters and ideas, certain patterns repeat themselves: Usually it is about an ultimate threat to Terra or humanity and the solution can only be brought about by Rhodan and his friends and allies. Hostile powers almost always come from outside this circle, humanity is essentially of a positive nature, but can be "seduced to evil". The immortals then take care of this problem and represent a kind of superfather figures. Again, this characterization is not of a continuous nature, as there were and are long periods of galactic humanity in which they managed without a stronger or dominant influence from the circle of immortals is (volumes 1000 to 2000).
In the universe of the Perry-Rhodan series, individual beings are repeatedly raised by superintelligence or the higher cosmic powers standing above them through technical means to immortals with sometimes considerable means of power who feel obliged to their respective mentors. This concept results in a constant struggle between order and chaos, which has been surging back and forth for eons without being decided or being able to be decided. It is from this basic structure that the series draws a major attraction ( beauty of appeal ) for the readership. In more recent cycles in particular, it is becoming increasingly clear that the pairing of order and chaos is not to be equated with good and bad , since the goals of both camps in their extreme - solidification in complete order or in complete chaos - are not desirable for normal mortal beings. The objective is a way in which both powers are in a reasonably stable equilibrium and the normally intelligent living beings and peoples are not attacked by the two camps. The life itself will thus receive a free and self-determined development opportunity (the Third Way ).
The series as a contemporary witness
The series is a mass release that appeals to a large audience. With this objective, the authors are bound to the imagination of their respective readers. In retrospect, the prevailing zeitgeist becomes apparent.
For example, booklets from the 1960s and 70s contain ideal ideas ranging from a hierarchical model of society to an authoritarian state . Examples are the "Asocial Free Settlers" who want to found colonies without the supervision of the Solar Empire. Or "citizens" who react almost in panic if they cannot quickly follow the wishes of the administration or the military. It also provides insights into the sexual ideas of the 1960s, when the mutant teleports Kakuta into the cabin of Rhodan's first wife, Thora, while she is changing. Also when Rhodan's second wife Mory Abro is being prepared as a naked ritual victim or when the Minister Mercant, almost embarrassed, asks Rhodan whether Mory is pregnant. The social interaction in the 1960s is also reflected in the fact that immortals still sift each other after centuries of acquaintance. It was not until the 1980s that the form of addressing you was generally introduced in social interaction within the novel.
Since the 1990s, the tone of voice has been much more relaxed. The Terrans treat the immortals with normal respect, but no longer servile. Representations of sexual interaction also find their way into the novels, albeit superficially.
Creation of the booklet novels
Early on in the history of the series, a way of working emerged that has been retained with slight changes to this day: the collective of authors meets with representatives of the publisher at the authors' conference and suggests possible courses of action.
The synopsis author combines and condenses the suggestions into an action, which he in turn distributes to the authors. Each author receives every synopsis in order to be able to follow and observe the detailed storyline of a novel and, in total, the series plot. An exposé contains the plot of the respective novel, background information on the overall plot and classification so as not to lose sight of the cycle goal, as well as technical and scientific data.
The author creates the complete novel based on the specifications, which can be narrower or broader depending on the topic. Here he uses his leeway to design the novel. Because the individual author writes his novel without knowledge of the work of his colleagues, who work in parallel for scheduling reasons, inconsistencies and contradictions in details cannot be completely avoided, but can be kept to a minimum by proofreading the editorial team.
The creative freedom of the authors led several times to the fact that the writer's inventions - for example the introduction of persons not specified in the synopsis - developed a life of their own over numerous booklets of the respective author and sometimes found official entry into further series design.
The planning of the action is long-term. In April 1978, when approximately volume no. 850 was published, the conception of the plot in the rough version had already been determined up to volume no. 1,200.
In addition to the novel, the booklet contains the weekly reader contact page , on which readers express their opinion and receive answers from the supervising author, and the commentary in which an author sheds light on some aspects of the ongoing plot. In addition, a four-week alternating crack drawing , the journal for reports of real science, the report for topics related to Perry Rhodan, the club news with information from the fandom and the Stellaris short stories about a small interstellar freighter and its crew appear in the magazine .
Types of publication
In addition to German-speaking countries, Perry Rhodan is also published in Brazil , China , France , Italy , Japan , Russia , the Czech Republic and the Netherlands .
The early booklet novels appeared in the USA as a paperback with several stories summarized. The American artist Chris Foss created cover pictures for some novels, some of which were published in the book 21st Century Foss ( ISBN 90-6332-571-1 ). For the first time in 25 years, novels are also on the market in English, for example Frank Borsch 's six-volume Lemuria series with volume 1 Star Ark (320 pages, ISBN 1-932564-88-8 ) with a well-regarded translation into English.
Perry Rhodan booklet series
The Perry Rhodan booklet series appears or appeared in Germany in several editions. The total print run was over 1.5 billion issues in January 2009.
- First edition: since September 8, 1961; Current circulation (year 2005) according to an interview with PR editor Frank Borsch: approx. 135,000 issues per week / according to Medien Daten Verlag circulation 102,000, sales 63,100 per week [as of January 2013]. The edition is also published as an e-book.
- Second edition: from March 11, 1966 to July 6, 1987; set in issue No. 1114
- Third edition: from October 20, 1967 to January 1973; set in issue No. 276. This edition consisted mainly of unsold copies of the second edition, which were provided with a new sticker and offered again. Only a few issues were actually reprinted for the third edition.
- Third edition: from February 9, 1973 to July 13, 2007; since March 23, 1993 as bi-weekly paperbacks with two novels per edition; set at number 1798/1799
- Fourth edition: from October 12, 1977 to 1993; set at number 799
- Fifth edition: since September 15, 1982; since April 13, 1993 as bi-weekly paperbacks with two novels per issue. It has also been published as an e-book since volume 1300. The edition is stopped with the double belt 1598/1599.
- Sixth edition: since September 8, 2005; appeared as an e-book ; 49 volumes were planned, and there were more than 600. With the new e-book strategy, this edition was obsolete.
The original publication date of the series was Tuesday and was brought forward to Friday on December 5, 2003 with volume 2207 of the first edition for all editions. According to the editor, in the 1960s there was only one day a week on which non-magazine formats were served. Over the decades, the date was watered down, so that the novel appeared in several places on Fridays. In order to be able to achieve equal opportunities for dealers and thus a better distribution, the publication was brought forward to Friday. This is linked to the hope that weekend readers will also be reached.
A Perry Rhodan booklet has an average of around 180,000 characters including spaces.
Perry Rhodan Action
A new series, initially made up of 12 issues, has been published every two weeks since April 2008. It is entitled “Perry Rhodan Action”. The action takes place from the year 2166 and thus more than 2500 years before the current action time of the first edition. The plot has been adapted to current reading expectations. The figures got more inner life, the technology was less in the foreground. The series was discontinued at the end of the third cycle with volume 36. The reason given was that the series did not meet the "requirements".
Since 2014, a completed miniseries has been published once a year with Perry Rhodan as the character at the center of the story, which complements the main plot. The miniseries Stardust appeared in 2014 , the miniseries Arkon and Jupiter in 2016 , the miniseries Terminus in 2017, the Olympus miniseries in 2018 and the SOL Mission in 2019 (since June 14) . The series are each in twelve volumes and always play before the current main plot, using the gaps left in the central chronology to tell new stories. Jupiter is an exception, the series is based on the hardcover Jupiter, which was published in 2011, and reproduces the story, revised and supplemented in an expanded form.
Perry Rhodan Neo
On September 30, 2011, a new version started parallel to the old series. Perry Rhodan will not land on the moon until 2036. The series is published every two weeks, originally with 160 pages, from NEO 97 with 100 pages. After three seasons (corresponding to the cycles of the main series) with eight pocket books each, the series from NEO 25 to NEO 96 was consistently divided into seasons of 12, and after a four-book short series, the seasons since NEO 101 each have ten books.
While the Perry Rhodan booklet series was based on geopolitical events in the real world in the mid-20th century and had the plot begin in the near future, Perry Rhodan Neo 50 years later starts from the real world of the early 21st century and begins too in a near future. Perry Rhodan does not fly to the moon in 1971, but only in 2036. The plot therefore takes an alternative course due to the changed starting position. The classic motifs of the series will also be relocated to the near future and interpreted accordingly. New figures are introduced and known figures are shown in a new light.
The series is therefore not canonical in relation to the classical Perryversum. According to Klaus N. Frick's statement at the 5th Weltcon 2011 in Mannheim, there will be no overlaps or references between the series such as the Atlan series. Perry Rhodan and Perry Rhodan Neo each form their "own cosmos".
Analogous to the silver volumes of the main series, hardcover anthologies have been published four times a year with the platinum edition for Perry Rhodan Neo since 2014, in this case four issues plus one time-exclusive short story per volume, initially two as Neo-Stories Weeks, currently three months later, to be published separately as an e-book. Depending on the changed number of pages per issue and the number of issues per season, it can be assumed that if the platinum edition reaches issue no. 101 (with volume no. 26), from this point onwards each anthology will comprise five issues.
Atlan booklet series
- First edition: From 1969 to 1988, an Atlan magazine series was published, which brought it to a total of 850 issues.
- Second edition: A second edition of this series reached 299 booklet novels.
- New Atlan magazine series: From 1998 onwards, so-called Atlan “mini-cycles” were published in magazine format, initially with interruptions and from 2003 to 2006 in continuous succession (12 issues every 2 weeks). This series was discontinued with Volume 60.
- Atlan - The Absolute Adventure: An Atlan pocket booklet series has been published since January 2013, which consists of revised original novels from the Atlan booklet series (starting with no. 500). Two original novels each are published in a pocket booklet. The frequency of publication is monthly. This series has since been discontinued after Volume 10 was published.
- Silver volumes
- Hardcover has been published three times a year since 1978 and four times a year from 1996, in which five to eleven original book novels are re-edited and published (in November 2007, Silberband 100 was published). Up to silver volume 80, some of the booklet novels were left out if their storyline was secondary or redundant due to the revised form. From volume 81 all novels are included. According to the publisher, the total circulation of the silver volumes is around eight million copies (as of January 2005). Each volume has a lenticular 3D cover photo . The silver volumes were sold with a blue design and without the 3D cover picture as a licensed edition at the Bertelsmann Book Club .
- License edition (Ed .: Hubert Haensel)
- Author library
- Perry Rhodan: Gold Edition
- Cosmos Chronicles
- Author biographies
- Space thriller
- Atlan hardcover (blue volumes)
- The Atlan volumes describe the story of Atlan, one of the main characters before meeting Perry Rhodan.
- Books on loan: From 1962 to 1968, 112 of the first 156 books were published as loan books . The covers of all 56 books name K. H. Scheer as the sole author, even if neither of the two contained booklets was written by him.
For a long time there was a monthly series of paperback books - the so-called planetary novels - each of which contained complete stories from the Perry-Rhodan universe. It was published every four weeks until 1980, then monthly until it was discontinued. The content was not subject to a predefined synopsis, but was based on the authors' ideas after consultation with the publisher. These paperbacks were first published by Pabel-Verlag, later by Verlagsunion Pabel-Moewig , Heyne Verlag and Burgschmiet-Verlag (BSV) . A total of 415 paperbacks were published between 1964 and 1998.
From November 2002 to 2009, Heyne published complete paperback cycles, initially the cycles Andromeda , Odyssey and Lemuria , each with six volumes. A trade paperback cycle consisting of three volumes with the title PAN-THAU-RA appeared in autumn 2005. Since November 2006, two further paperback cycles have been published, now again in six volumes ( The Posbi War and Ara Toxin ). A new three-volume paperback cycle with the title Das Rote Imperium was published in 2008. In autumn 2009 the three-volume cycle Die Tefroder will follow .
In June 2009, the Pabel-Moewig publishing union launched the bi-monthly pocket booklet series Perry Rhodan planetary novels . These are edited new editions of the paperbacks.
1968 to 1969 the series Perry Rhodan ran in the picture in booklet format (26 × 18 cm). Selected book novels were retold for 27 issues. The second part of the booklet first consisted of stories with the mouse beaver Pucky, then later with Atlan, before the second stories with booklet 24 were discontinued. From 1969 to 1975 there were 129 issues of the series Perry - our man in space . These editions are in great demand with collectors, as are the early editions of the first edition novels. In April 2006, Alligator Farm Verlag started with Perry - our man in space No. 130, the sequel. 12 issues had been published by September 2013. Then as now, the drawings were characterized by a very colorful and poppy style. Like some editions of the old series, the new series contained removable sketch drawings of spaceships and other technical equipment in the middle of the stapled booklet. In 2016, the same publisher released the Perry album # 1, a continuation of their own series as a hardcover album.
In 2016 a 6-part comic book series was published by Cross Cult Verlag. The series was divided into two three-part stories: The Cartographers of Infinity and Battle for the Sol , which was later published in two hardcover volumes.
The first e-books were created by committed dealers who wanted to open up the new market segment. The formats chosen were Mobipocket , PDF and EPUB . The topics included Perry Rhodan, Atlan, paperbacks and special series. Since volume 2600, the publisher has had the electronic version created as EPUB and Mobipocket and distributed via standard channels.
The novels of the first edition contain additions such as LKS, Perry Rhodan Report and others in the print version. These were also included in the e-books to varying degrees at different times.
E-books appear for all current editions of the Rhodan novels and as a revised new edition of the old atlan series. All works are also made permanently accessible electronically.
The comic series Perry Rhodan im Bild will be published as PDF up to issue 27.
- Silver edition (since 2002), produced by Eins A Medien : The silver editions are complete readings of the silver volumes. Numbers 1 to 65 have been published since 2002 in CD format and as MP3 downloads, read by Josef Tratnik . Since October 2010 the episodes from No. 74 onwards have been available for download, read alternately by Tom Jacobs and Andreas Laurenz Maier. In addition, the silver volumes from No. 119 onwards have been set to music since 2012, read alternately by Martin Bross and Axel Gottschik.
- Rhodan-Heftromane (since 2007), produced by Eins A Medien: Since the start of the Negasphäre cycle with issue 2400 on August 16, 2007, the notebooks have also been published as a weekly audio book. The anniversary issues 2400, 2500, 2600, 2700, 2900 and 3000 can be downloaded free of charge from many audio book download portals. In addition, the audio books of the 400-part large cycle “Thoregon” were published on August 1, 2014, but the setting was discontinued in 1843. The other issues are offered as a download of the single novel, as a download subscription to over 50 magazine novels, as a single novel CD and as a DVD with four novels, each in MP3 format. One episode lasts between three and four hours. The reading contains the novel including opening and closing credits, the editorial parts of the magazine are usually enclosed in PDF form. Speakers in the current cycle are: Renier Baaken, Florian Seigerschmidt, Tom Jacobs and Martin Bross. Since this audio book series has been set to music for over 10 years, the speakers have changed over the course of time, previous speakers were Simon Roden, Georg Höppner, Michael Che-Koch and Andreas Laurenz Maier. There are guest lectures by Leo Lukas , Josef Tratnik and Engelbert von Nordhausen .
- Atlan time adventures (since 2007), produced by Eins A Medien: The Atlan time adventures are settings of the blue volumes. They appear as MP3 CD and as a chargeable download from all major audio book download portals. The speaker is the actor and voice actor Engelbert von Nordhausen.
- Perry Rhodan Neo , produced by Eins A Medien: Since the start of the Perry Rhodan Neo series on September 30, 2011, the novels have also been published as audio books. The other issues are available as downloads or as a double mp3 CD. One episode lasts about six hours and is produced by Eins A Medien. The audio books are available at the same time as the print editions in the download portal. The double mp3 CD will appear with a slight delay (approx. 3–4 months). As of 2014, so-called bundles will be issued, each comprising four double editions, i.e. a total of 8 mp3 CDs. The speakers are Axel Gottschick , Hanno Dinger, Markus Klauk spoke No. 2, Tom Jacobs No. 4 and 6.
Completed publications and individual productions
- Issue 2300: Harbingers of Chaos (2005), produced by Eins A Medien. An audio book was published for the Perry Rhodan booklet novel 2300 "Harbingers of Chaos", which was first published exclusively on the DVD of the computer magazine Computer Bild No. 19/2005. The audio book will be read by Josef Tratnik and was published on September 5, 2005 before the printed edition. The audio book was also made available as a free download on the website www.pr2300.de at the start of the TERRANOVA cycle. However, the domain is no longer available.
- Atlan: Flame Dust Cycle (2006), produced by Lausch . The series comprises a total of 12 novels and was only published in MP3 format. The speaker is Günter Merlau.
- Issue 2319: The Settlers of Vulgate (2006); As part of the ALDI audio book compilation series "Big Voices - Weird Entertainment", a series of 12 audio books was published in December 2006, including a Perry Rhodan audio book. Volume 2319 “The settlers of Vulgate” was set to music. The speaker is Hannes Jaenicke .
- Issue 1300: Die Gänger des Netz (2007); For the fifth edition of Perry Rhodan's booklet novel 1300 "Die Gänger des Netzes", an audio book was produced as a gift to the readers and made available as a free download on the official Perry Rhodan homepage. The audio book was read by Annabelle Krieg and Jürgen Holdorf.
- Perry Rhodan EXTRA 4: The Andromeda Monument (2007), produced by Eins A Medien. The audio book is offered on various download portals. The speaker is Josef Tratnik.
- Issue 850: BARDIOC (2007), produced by Eins A Medien; On November 16, 2007, the audio book “BARDIOC” was published on an mp3 CD as an exclusive supplement to Perry Rhodan's Extra No. 5. This was the Perry Rhodan booklet novel "BARDIOC" set to music. The audio book was spoken by Josef Tratnik. In the end credits of the audio book, reference was made to the recently published anniversary silver volume 100 “BARDIOC” for the continuation of the plot.
- Perry Rhodan ACTION (2008), produced by Eins A Medien; this series of twelve volumes was published as an audio book every two weeks. The booklets are available as downloads, on CD and DVD in MP3 format. An episode lasts between three and four hours. The speaker is the Cologne actor Sebastian Rüger, who is a great-nephew of Wernher von Braun . While the series of booklets will be continued in paper form, the series in audio book form with booklet 12 was initially discontinued. It is currently not known whether this series will be continued.
- Perry Rhodan ANDROMEDA (2009/2010), produced by Eins A Medien, setting of the six-part series, first published in 2002/2003 as a paperback series. The speaker is Josef Tratnik. The audio books were released as audio CDs and audio books.
- Perry Rhodan LEMURIA (2011/2012), produced by Eins A Medien, setting of the six-part series, first published in 2004/2005 as a paperback series. The speaker is Josef Tratnik. The audio books were released as audio CDs and audio books.
- Perry Rhodan STARDUST (2014), produced by Eins A Medien; At the same time as the novels, the twelve-part mini-series was also published as an audio book. The speaker is Renier Baaken. The series is available as an audio book download and as a complete edition with 6 MP3 CDs.
- Perry Rhodan ARKON (2016), produced by Eins A Medien; At the same time as the novels, the twelve-part mini-series was also published as an audio book. The speaker is Marco Sven Reinbold. The series is available as an audio book download and as a complete edition with 6 MP3 CDs.
- Perry Rhodan JUPITER (2016), produced by Eins A Medien; At the same time as the novels, the twelve-part mini-series was also published as an audio book. The speaker is Marco Sven Reinbold. The series is available as an audio book download and as a complete edition with 6 MP3 CDs.
- Perry Rhodan OLYMP (2017), produced by Eins A Medien; At the same time as the novels, the twelve-part mini-series was also published as an audio book. The speaker is Renier Baaken. The series is available as an audio book download and as a complete edition with 6 MP3 CDs.
- Perry Rhodan TERMINUS (2017), produced by Eins A Medien; At the same time as the novels, the twelve-part mini-series was also published as an audio book. The speaker is Renier Baaken. The series is available as an audio book download and as a complete edition with 6 MP3 CDs.
- Return to Terra (2017), collection of four Perry Rhodan booklet novels by Andreas Eschbach, of which no.1935 and no.2503 have been set to music. The other two were already available as part of the setting of the first edition from No. 2400. The four novels are spoken and read by Tom Jacobs, Renier Baaken, Michael Che-Koch and Andreas Laurenz Maier, the loose framework is spoken by Josef Tratnik. The audio book, although produced by Eins A Medien, was published by Lübbe Audio, who also published all of the other audio books by Andreas Eschbach.
- Perry Rhodan MISSION SOL (2019), produced by Eins A Medien; At the same time as the novels, the twelve-part mini-series was also published as an audio book. The speaker is Renier Martin Bross. The series is available as an audio book download and as a complete edition with 6 MP3 CDs.
- Perry Rhodan Dunkelwelten (2019), produced by Lübbe Audio. The trilogy was read in by Peter Lontek and was only available as a download.
- Perry Rhodan The Lost Centuries (2019), produced by Eins A Medien. The six-part short story series was also released with a running time of 11 hours. The speaker is Andreas Laurenz Maier. The audio books are only available for download.
- Perry Rhodan trilogy (1973–1974) , produced by EUROPA : In this series, three “planetary novels” were set to music in the 1970s. These were "Invasion of the Dolls", "Riot in Terrania" and "Planet of Death" (original title: "The murder planet"). It is noteworthy that Perry Rhodan himself only has a leading role in "Invasion of the Puppets". He is not even mentioned in "Planet of Death". Manifestations were LP and MC. Directed by Heikedine Körting . Speakers included Helmo Kindermann , Reiner Brönneke , Andreas von der Meden and Franz-Josef Steffens .
- Perry Rhodan (1983–1984) , produced by EUROPA : This series covers the beginnings of the series. H. G. Francis edited the first 19 issues. A total of 12 episodes appeared on MC. Three further episodes that had already been written, which included the booklet novels up to and including No. 27, were no longer set to music. In 1999 and 2000 EUROPA published the series again, this time slightly shortened and slightly modified in music pieces on MC and CD. Directed by Heikedine Körting . Speakers included Peer Schmidt , Uwe Friedrichsen , Rolf Jülich , Ernst von Klipstein , Judy Winter , Horst Stark , Gernot Endemann , Lutz Mackensy and Günther Ungeheuer .
- Die Abenteuer von Mausbiber Pucky (1998) , produced by FX Animation Filmproduktion : “Die Abenteuer von Mausbiber Pucky” is a radio play series designed for 7 to 10 year olds, which has been released on CD and MC. H. G. Francis directed the first three radio plays, and Thomas Karallus directed the three following radio plays . The music was composed by Christopher Franke and appeared on the album "Perry Rhodan - Pax Terra". The series was first published by Universal and later by Karussell . Although more episodes were announced, the series was discontinued after 6 episodes. Speakers were u. a. Christian Stark , Eberhard Haar , Eva Michaelis and Tanja Schumann .
- Perry Rhodan (2000) , produced by Universal Family Entertainment : In 2000, Universal published three self-contained radio plays. The titles are “Stranded in the Dimensional Trap”, “Duel over Terrania” and “The Secret of the Schereckander”. The radio plays are not based on any booklet or book and come from the pen of HG Francis. Thomas Karallus directed; Peter Thomas was responsible for the music . The speakers were Eberhard Haar , Hans Sievers , Henry König and Achim Schülke .
- Perry Rhodan (2002–2009) , produced by Eins A Medien ; 26 radio plays appeared in the series "Eins A future - Perry Rhodan". These are settings of “planetary novels”, ie self-contained stories. Within this series, the sub-series “ Atlan : Traversan cycle” appeared. Speakers include Josef Tratnik, Bodo Primus , Hans-Detlev Hüpgen and Norman Matt .
- Atlan: Traversan cycle (2003–2009) , produced by Eins A Medien; in the series "Eins A future - Perry Rhodan" appeared as a sub-series of the "Atlan: Traversan cycle" with a total of 12 episodes. Speakers include Reinhard Schulat-Rademacher , Rolf Berg , Edda Fischer and Philipp Schepmann .
- Perry Rhodan Star Ocean (2006–2010) , produced by STIL: This series based on the Star Ocean cycle (issues 2200 to 2299) was published by Lübbe Audio from September 2006 . The series was originally designed for a total of 40 to 50 episodes; however, after 30 episodes (which had appeared in five seasons of six episodes each), CD release was discontinued in spring 2010. Lübbe justifies this step with the high number of illegal downloads, which no longer justify the effort. The episodes 31–42 that have already been produced are available for download, as well as exclusively in a small CD edition from the online retailer pop.de, which specializes in radio plays. Directed by Christian Hagitte and Simon Bertling . Both were also responsible for the radio play music. The list of speakers was mostly made up of well-known actors and voice actors. Speakers included Joachim Höppner , Christian Schult , Volker Lechtenbrink , Christian Stark and Volker Brandt .
- Pleiades (2015–2016) , produced by Zaubermond : The story, written especially for the radio play medium, appeared on 10 CDs and as an MP3 download. Christian Montillon wrote the synopsis and Andrea Bottlinger wrote the script. The speakers include Torben Liebrecht , Eva Michaelis , Santiago Ziesmer and Oliver Stritzel .
Perry Rhodan - SOS from space
1966–67 a film version of the first three booklet novels Company Stardust , The Third Power and The Radiant Dome was created . The German version of the film has been shortened by 15 minutes compared to the Italian-Spanish or international version ( Mission Stardust ). The reasons for this are unknown. The film is a very controversial implementation with fans. The plot was changed so much in the film by the inclusion of a dubious gangster story that it had hardly anything to do with the literary original. Significant characters did not appear, but people who could not be found in the novel series. The spaceships of the Arkonides also do not correspond to the template. Despite extensive advertising in the magazine novels, the film was a total failure - but at least because of its position as a cinematic SF document from those years and a new, more positive attitude towards the trashy agent films of the 1960s, it achieved a certain cult status over the following decades.
- For the re-performance in Germany, the title was changed to Battle of the Planets
- The film is available on VHS video under the title Perry Rhodan - SOS from Space .
- The music for the film (with dialogue sequences) has been released on CD by Diggler Records DIG008CD
The CD also contains the two recordings of an old single with the titles Count Down and Omicron 3 sung by Sherman Space (aka Johnny Tame ) - composed by Joe Haider . The CD also features the track Love Theme for Mondra Diamond , which Peter Thomas recorded for the 40th anniversary.
Karl-Herbert Scheer, the co-author of the Perry Rhodan series, horrified by the implementation of the novel, set a literary monument to the director Primo Zeglio in his ZBV series of novels and leaves a figure of this name as the head of the European secret service - with not exactly flattering characteristics - appear.
Atlan - The Lonely One of Time (1969/2007)
When Atlan - The Solitary time it was a pure fan project. At Christmas 2005, the trade journal Schmalfilm (editor Jürgen Lossau ) reported on the imminent completion of the project. The film, shot exclusively on Normal 8, took more than 40 years to create a 90-minute workshop version in January 2007 at the 8th Dresden Narrow Film Festival, from the first takes in 1964 to the completion of the optical effects, and totaled over 160 minutes . Filming locations were mainly in Berlin, but also in Spain, New York, London and Crete. Directed from beginning to end by Hans-Joachim Thunack, Perry Rhodan was played by Ralph Cornell, the music was written by Richard Rossbach, who has made a name for himself as an advertising composer (e.g. “little coward”). In 1976 the first test version of the film was shown at an SF convention in Kleve; At this point in time, the production costs had already exceeded 50,000 DM and the filmmakers were even financially supported by Pabel-Moewig Verlag for a while. The soundtrack of the film project was commercially available on record as early as the 1980s, and today it is also available on CD.
The film adheres very closely to the novel by KH Scheer. The widow of the late PR author, Heidrun Scheer, is still in contact with the producer of the film and explained in a television interview that she found this film to be the most faithful to the original, which her late husband would have liked. Ms. Scheer literally: “The film hits my husband's mind and cannot be better implemented for a fan or amateur film. Here, the most difficult technical and financial possibilities were brought out of the project. "
The World of Ghosts (1974)
Die Welt der Gespenster is a short documentary film produced by the artistic working group defa futurum under the direction of Joachim Hellwig . The five-minute long film is an annotated montage of cover pictures from the Perry Rhodan booklet series and was intended to document the imperialist and fascist character of the series. According to Hellwig, the film had over a million viewers. It is not yet known whether it was broadcast on German television .
Perry Rhodan - Our Man in Space (2011)
Perry Rhodan - Our Man in Space is a 90-minute German documentary by director André Schäfer and was produced by Florianfilm GmbH . It was financed in part by the Film Fund of North Rhine-Westphalia and the German Federal Film Fund . The production includes interviews with Perry Rhodan authors and the widows of the authors Karl-Herbert Scheer and William Voltz. The documentation was released in German cinemas on September 1, 2011, and the DVD was released on April 24, 2012. The DVD edition of Edition Salzgeber also includes an interview with the science fiction author Wolfgang Jeschke .
In 1982, Caves of Olympus , the first Perry Rhodan Adventure for the Apple II was published. In addition, several games appeared this year for the Atari 2600 game console , which were advertised in Germany with Perry Rhodan, but whose game content had nothing to do with the series.
In 1998 the Spellbound Entertainment developed global strategy game Perry Rhodan - Operation Eastside , in which the player can choose between different Milky Way peoples of the series and has to build a star empire in competition with the other peoples. In the same year, the adventure Perry Rhodan: Thoregon - Bridge to Infinity , which was developed by Mainscreen Verlag (now Q4U GmbH) and distributed by NBG EDV Handels & Verlags GmbH, was released. In 1999 the successor title Perry Rhodan followed by the same company : Thoregon - The Forbidden City .
In February 2008 Braingame Publishing brought out the adventure Perry Rhodan: The Adventure , which was distributed by Deep Silver . The plot comes from Robert Feldhoff and ties in with the topic from issue 2400 and the Illochim novel series. Perry Rhodan's girlfriend Mondra Diamond is kidnapped in an attack on the Solare Residenz. The player controls Perry Rhodan, who tries to uncover the people behind the attack and to free Mondra. The dialogues were written by Michael Marcus Thurner.
Other products include music, spaceship model kits (from Revell ), a trading card game , role-playing games , strategy games, posters, various fan projects, a multi-volume Perry Rhodan lexicon and much more. On "Perry Rhodan" published special editions of the series Space Night of the Bavarian television and Chaos Radio Express .
The assignment is not exclusive. It is quite common for the current authors of the main series to also work for Perry Rhodan NEO or for former authors to write a novel for the main series as a guest author.
The Weltcons are the biggest gatherings of Perry Rhodan fans. In 1980, 1986, 1991 and 1999 four Weltcons took place which were organized by the publishing house Pabel-Moewig (VPM) Rastatt. The fifth Weltcon took place on the fiftieth anniversary of the series from September 30, 2011 to October 2, 2011 in Mannheim. Editor-in-chief Klaus N. Frick also reported on a planned con that should have taken place on the 35th anniversary in 1996, but never got out of the planning phase.
Since the early 1990s there have been or continue to be other events for Perry Rhodan readers at regional level:
- The Perry Rhodan Days in Rhineland-Palatinate were pioneers. They took place in Sinzig from 1992 to 2007 , a nationally recognized literary event that dealt critically with the booklet novel series Perry Rhodan. In 2007 the event was under the patronage of the Rhineland-Palatinate Prime Minister Kurt Beck . It was the first event of its kind and editor-in-chief Klaus N. Frick discovered the possibility of holding many such cons all over Germany - Frick literally said that he wanted to create “many small Sinzigs”. Sinzig was a role model for similar events in Garching near Munich, Cologne, Hamburg etc.
- The GarchingCon near Munich also developed into an institution among the Perry-Rhodan-Cons in the course of its existence. The "ConTradition in Germany's South" takes place every two years in the community center in Garching near Munich as part of the Garching Space Days (the Garching Space Days are organized by the Archive of Astronomy and Space Philately eV). The last GarchingCons were organized by the Perry Rhodan Stammtisch "Ernst Ellert" Munich and the Perry Rhodan Online Club e. V.
- The ColoniaCon is a Perry-Rhodan- and Phantastik-Con that takes place every two years in Cologne and is organized by the Rhodan- and Phantastik-Stammtisch Cologne. The venue is traditionally the Cologne Youth Park directly on the Rhine in the Mülheim district.
- The Hamburg PERRY RHODAN Days - Cell Activator Con have already taken place six times in the Hanseatic city.
- The ThoreCON 1999 was a unique event in Braunschweig.
- The AUSTRIA CON is taking place the name of Perry Rhodan Cons in Austria since 1998th The AUSTRIA CON was originally planned as an annual event (organized alternately by the respective regulars' table in Graz and Vienna). Since 2005 it has only taken place in Vienna and is organized by the PR regulars' table there.
- The BrühlCon describes itself as the smallest con in the world and has been taking place in Brühl since 2017 .
The first language into which Perry Rhodan's novels were translated was Hebrew; In 1965 the first four volumes appeared in Tel Aviv as pirate translations; the series was discontinued for unknown reasons.
In Brazil , a first edition of the booklet novel series was published in Portuguese as early as 1966, translated from French as Volume 14 in the Galáxia 2000 collection under the title Operação Astral . The volume included the first two titles Missão Stardust ( Stardust Company ) and A terceira potência ( The Third Power ). From 1975 to 1991 the series was published under the title Perry Rhodan in Galáxia 2000 by Editora Tecnoprint SA (today Ediouro ) in Rio de Janeiro in paperback format with the original German numbering from volume 1 to volume 536. From June 2001 to January 2007 the series was from Volume 650 to double volume 846/47 continued to be produced by SSPG ( Star Sistemas e Projetos Gráficos Ltda ) in Belo Horizonte / Minas Gerais . In 1975 Etcetera published two comic editions (Portuguese: quadrinhos ) under the title: Perry, nosso homem no espaço ( Perry, our man in space ). From 2007 fans of the series created the project Projeto Traduções , which published volumes 537 to 649, which had not been edited until then. The »PAN-THAU-RA« cycle is currently running in Brazil.
In the USA, the first translations were published by ACE Books in 1969, with two German booklet novels appearing together; after the release of the double episode 117/118, the series was discontinued. Forrest J. Ackerman and his wife Mathilda "Wendy" Wahrman, who acted as editor and translator, continued the series on a subscription basis through episode 137.
In France, Perry Rhodan appears continuously with the author designation K.-H. Scheer and Clark Darlton. A Japanese translation is being published in the form of double volumes, with the cycle "The Endless Armada" currently being published. Double volumes are also published in the Netherlands, with the »TERRANOVA« cycle currently running, as in the Czech Republic.
- Mirjam Nast: Read »Perry Rhodan«. On the seriality of reading practices in a series of booklets , Bielefeld (transcript) 2017. ISBN 3-8376-3876-6 . ISBN 978-3-8394-3876-3
- Hermann Urbanek: Perry Rhodan Chronik - Biography of the greatest science fiction series in the world (Volume 3: 1981-1995) . Hannibal Verlag, 2013, ISBN 978-3-85445-342-0
- Michael Nagula: Perry Rhodan Chronicle - Biography of the greatest science fiction series in the world (Volume 2: 1974-1980) . Hannibal Verlag, 2011, ISBN 978-3-85445-330-7
- Michael Nagula: Perry Rhodan Chronicle - biography of the greatest science fiction series in the world (Volume 1: 1960-1973) . Hannibal Verlag 2011, ISBN 978-3-85445-326-0
- Klaus Bollhöfener, Klaus Farin, Dierk Spreen (eds.): Searching for traces in space. Perry Rhodan Studies. Tilsner, Bad Tölz 2003, ISBN 3-936068-88-7 .
- Beate and Jürgen Ellerbrock / Frank Thieße: Perry Rhodan. Investigation of a science fiction booklet series . Anabas, Giessen 1976, ISBN 3-87038-040-3 .
- Hans Esselborn (Ed.): Utopia, Antiutopia and Science Fiction in the German-speaking area of the 20th century, Würzburg 2003. ISBN 3-8260-2416-8 .
- Hans-Edwin Friedrich: Science fiction in German-language literature. A paper on research until 1993 , Tübingen (Niemeyer) 1995 (International Archives for the Social History of German Literature, special issue) ISBN 3-484-60307-0
- Frank G. Gerigk : Perry Rhodan illustrator Johnny Bruck . Non-fiction. Marlon, 2013, ISBN 978-3-943172-18-8 .
- Werner Graf: The puzzle world. Information about a thousand weeks of reading Perry Rhodan. In: Literature & Experience. 7, 1981, pp. 45-64.
- Ronald M. Hahn : Science & Technology = Future. History and ideology of SF books , in: Eike Barmeyer (Ed.): Science Fiction. Theory and History , Munich (Wilhelm Fink Verlag) 1972, pp. 219–243.
- Claus Hallmann: Perry Rhodan. Analysis of a science fiction booklet series. Fischer, Frankfurt am Main 1979, ISBN 3-88323-047-2 .
- Jürgen Holtkamp: The opening of the Rhodesian Age or training in the free world. Science-Fiction-Literatur in Deutschland , in: Kursbuch 14 (1968), pp. 45-63.
- Klaus-Peter Klein: The future between trauma and myth: science fiction. On the aesthetics of effects, social psychology and didactics of a literary mass phenomenon. Klett, Stuttgart 1976, ISBN 3-12-393100-5 .
- Rolf Kellner (Ed.): Klett reading booklet: The computer man. Klett, Stuttgart 1982, ISBN 3-12-261080-9 (part 1) and ISBN 3-12-261082-5 (part 2), (= booklets for literature lessons: series 10 ).
- Hans Jürgen Krysmanski: The utopian method. A study of the sociology of literature and knowledge of German utopian novels of the 20th century , Cologne a. a. (West German publishing house) 1963.
- Manfred Nagl: Science Fiction in Germany. Investigations into the genesis, sociography and ideology of fantastic mass literature. Tübingen Association for Folklore, Tübingen 1972.
- Michael Nagula : Perry Rhodan - The Chronicle. 1. The birth and triumph of a phenomenon. The classic years 1961–1974. Hannibal, Höfen 2011, ISBN 978-3-85445-326-0 .
- Sylvia Pukallus, Ronald M. Hahn, Horst Pukallus: “Perry Rhodan” as a Social and Ideological Phenomenon. In: Science Fiction Studies. 6, 1979, pp. 190-200.
- Eckhard Schwettmann: All-Mighty! Fascination Perry Rhodan . Hannibal, 2006, ISBN 3-85445-259-4 .
- Eckhard Schwettmann: Almost everything about Perry Rhodan. The book for fans. Anecdotes and interesting facts about the anniversary of the largest SF series in the universe. Humboldt, Hannover 2009, ISBN 978-3-86910-161-3 .
- Rainer Stache: Perry Rhodan. Considerations for changing a series of magazines. 2nd edition, Shayol, Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-926126-19-1 .
- Gerhard Teuscher: Perry Rhodan, Jerry Cotton and Johannes Mario Simmel: A presentation on theory, history and representatives of trivial literature . Ibidem, Stuttgart 1999, ISBN 3-932602-76-5 .
- Rainer Castor: The Adventure Universe - The Perry-Rhodan Archive II. CD-ROM, Trilobit 2001, EAN 4260013930015.
- www.perry-rhodan.net - official website
- Perrypedia - Wiki for Perry Rhodan topics
- www.prfz.de - The Perry-Rhodan-Fan-Zentrale
- www.pr-materiequelle.de - collection of facts, contains u. a. the Perry-Rhodan lexicon and the sketch drawings
- Perry Rhodan in the Internet Speculative Fiction Database (English)
- Perry Rhodan Star Atlas of the Milky Way
- 50 years “Perry Rhodan” - Grandpa from Outer Space . someday
- Perry Rhodan - Our man in space in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- The legacy of the universe , documentation by the oldenburg eins community radio station on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the series, Maik Nolte editor on YouTube
- ↑ Asked about LovelyBooks! with Klaus N. Frick on the 50th anniversary of Perry Rhodan
- ↑ 50 years “Perry Rhodan” - Grandpa from Outer Space ; Article from July 19, 2011 at Spiegel Online , accessed on February 4, 2011.
- ↑ Log of the editors: number games for volume 2500 , perry-rhodan.net, July 14, 2009
- ↑ a b Beyond the Milky Way . In: Berliner Zeitung , July 15, 2003
- ^ Sandra Uschtrin: Handbook for Authors. 6th edition. Uschtrin Verlag, 2005, p. 82
- ↑ Impressive anniversary
- ↑ opening address Perry Rhodan Weltcon 2011
- ↑ Karl-Herbert Scheer in a letter accompanying his first synopsis: "I will [...] under no circumstances start with the construction of the 120th floor, but with the solid foundation." See perry-rhodan.net (PDF)
- ↑ [article title missing] . In: Rolling Stone . No. 9 , 2006, p. 41 .
- ↑ Perry Rhodan Studies (2003)
- ↑ Two mistakes and a mouse beaver | PERRY RHODAN. Retrieved July 8, 2020 .
- ↑ Cell Activator - Perrypedia. Retrieved March 9, 2017 .
- ↑ The Con Book (1991)
- ↑ 3000 issues: Perry Rhodan's neverending story , Anika von Greve-Dierfeld, dpa, Heise, February 15, 2019
- ↑ Prologue Silver Band 30 Conquerors of Time
- ↑ Video: Monitor-Magazin 1969: Perry Rhodan In: YouTube , accessed on January 29, 2017
- ↑ Beate Ellerbrock: Perry Rhodan. Investigation of a science fiction booklet series. Anabas, Giessen 1976, ISBN 3-87038-040-3 .
- ^ Stephan Maus : Perry Rhodan: Ein deutscher Held In: stern , December 3, 2006. Online edition
- ^ William Voltz in conversation with Günter M. Schelwokat , in: Clark Darlton : Duell der Mutanten, Perry Rhodan No. 26, pp. 3–4, 4th edition, Pabel, April 1978.
- ↑ Interview with editor-in-chief Klaus N. Frick, published January 2009 (PDF)
- ↑ www.perry-rhodan.net: The end for the third edition . June 22, 2007. (Memento of the original from June 22, 2007 in the Internet Archive.)
- ↑ Fifth edition is discontinued . forum.perry-rhodan.net. April 27, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- ↑ Information from Michelle Stern on the reader contact page in: Uwe Anton : The soul of the shoulder rider , Perry Rhodan No. 3068, p. 69. Pabel-Moewig, Rastatt. 5th June 2020.
- ↑ Perry Rhodan - Action is discontinued . perry-rhodan.net. May 28, 2009. Retrieved June 8, 2009.
- ↑ Perry Rhodan - Miniseries. In: Perry-Rhodan.net. Retrieved January 17, 2018 .
- ↑ perry-rhodan.net
- ↑ perry-rhodan.net
- ↑ perry-rhodan.net
- ^ Antiquarian offers of Perry-Rhodan loan books
- ↑ ABOUT US alligatorfarm.de
- ↑ Pabel-Moewig celebrates the anniversary of the science fiction hero with the beginning of a new story section, a WeltCon and the publication of all previously published booklets as eBooks . Accessed 2011-18-06.
- ↑ news. Zaubererspiegel-online.de
- ↑ The highlight of radio play writing ... - Part 1 | Perry Rhodan. Retrieved January 17, 2018 .
- ↑ »In the radio play there are only dialogues« | Perry Rhodan. Retrieved January 17, 2018 .
- ^ Discography on Johnny Tame's website
- ↑ Eckhard Schwettmann: Almost everything about Perry Rhodan: The book for fans. Anecdotes and interesting facts about the anniversary of the largest SF series in the universe . Verlag Schlütersche, 2010, ISBN 978-3-86910-966-4
- ↑ Perry Rhodan: “The Lonely Time”, January 25, 2007, 10:30 pm
- ↑ a b c "The Lonely One" - The Unfinished Perry Rhodan Film . originally published on Zeitmaschinisten.de on July 29, 2001
- ^ Perry Rhodan Adventure Game
- ↑ weltcon2011.de
- ^ Perry Rhodan Days Rhineland-Palatinate
- ↑ BrühlCon The rarest Perry Rhodan regulars table and smallest Con in the world. Retrieved June 4, 2020 .
- ↑ no666.wordpress.com
- ↑ perrypedia.proc.org