Calendar overview 1465
Ligue du Bien public
under Charles the Bold ...
rule of Louis XI.
in France .
Charles de Valois, duc d'Orléans ,
duke and poet, dies in Amboise.
|1465 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||913/914 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||11. Feuerstein - Matlactli ozce Tecpatl (until the end of January / beginning of February: 10th tubes - Matlactli Acatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||2008/09 (southern Buddhism); 2007/08 (alternative calculation according to Buddha's Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||69th (70th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||827/828 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||869/870 (turn of the year 23/24 August)|
|Jewish calendar||5225/26 (September 20/21)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1775/76 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1776/77 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1521/22 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire
- February 13 : Emperor Friedrich III. After 15 months, approves the peace of Zeilsheim , which draws a line under the Mainz collegiate feud .
- November 28th : On the initiative of Zdenko von Sternberg, the Grünberg Alliance against King George of Podebrady is established at Grünberg Castle in Bohemia . 16 influential Catholic aristocrats draft a decree in which they accuse the utraquist king of violating national rights and, in particular, of preferring the utraquist lower nobility and cities. Among the signatories were Jost II von Rosenberg and Johann II von Rosenberg . The alliance, which enjoys the support of Pope Paul II , who declares the king a heretic and who unsuccessfully summoned him to the papal tribunal on August 2nd , is unsuccessfully negotiating with the Polish king Casimir IV , whom they seek for the Bohemian royal crown wants to win.
- The Ligue du Bien public , an alliance of French aristocrats under the leadership of Charles the Bold , rises against the rule of King Louis XI. In a manifesto to be released on March 10th, they claim they want to confront a disorderly and pathetic government . They intend to replace the king with a regent who will be the king's brother, none other than the 18-year-old Charles de Valois, duc de Berry . The king replied on March 16 with a counter manifesto.
- Louis XI. turns to Francesco Sforza for help and proposes an alliance against the common enemy to Liege , signed on June 17th . The king, who also benefits from the effective support of Gaston IV , Count von Foix , has an army of 30,000 men at his disposal. Immediately after the outbreak of hostilities, he marched into the Bourbonnais . He then leads his army towards Orléans .
- On July 11th, the Burgundians attacked Paris, which opposed them. But Charles the Bold's army succeeds in seizing the Porte de Saint-Cloud . Ludwig's position in Orléans becomes dangerous as his opponents approach the capital from all sides. He then turned against Francis II , Duke of Brittany , and Charles the Bold in a train in the direction of Paris .
- On July 16, the battle of Montlhéry is undecided . On October 5th, both parties reached an agreement in the Conflans contract . Further contracts will follow at the end of the year.
- March 30th : After the death of Isabella von Clermont , her widower Ferdinand I incorporated her Principality of Taranto into his kingdom of Naples .
- Abdalhaqq II , the last sultan of the Merinids in Morocco , is killed trying to put down an Idrisid revolt in Fez. The following power struggles did not lead to a restoration of the Idrisid dynasty. Instead, the Wattasids under Muhammad al-Sheikh al-Mahdi can prevail.
science and technology
- The Pressburger Universitas Istropolitana ( Academia Istropolitana ) starts operations.
nature and environment
- Seegfrörne : Lake Constance is completely frozen over.
Date of birth saved
- February 6 : Scipione del Ferro , Italian mathematician († 1526 )
- March 16 : Kunigunde of Austria , Austrian noblewoman, Duchess of Bavaria-Munich and Bavaria († 1520 )
- April 22 : Hieronymus Dungersheim , German theologian, rector of the University of Leipzig († 1540 )
- June 10 : Mercurino Arborio di Gattinara , Italian lawyer, statesman, Grand Chancellor († 1530 )
- August 7th : Philibert I , Duke of Savoy († 1482 )
- September 9th : Ashikaga Yoshitane , 10th Shogun of the Ashikaga Shogunate († 1522 )
- October 14 : Konrad Peutinger , German lawyer, antiquarian, humanist († 1547 )
- December 11th : Ashikaga Yoshihisa , 9th Shogun of the Ashikaga Shogunate († 1489 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Hans Holbein the Elder , German painter († 1524 )
- Hector Boece , Scottish scholar, historian († 1536 )
- Laurentius Corvinus , Silesian scholar, town clerk, humanist († 1527 )
- Diego Velázquez de Cuéllar , Spanish conqueror, governor († 1524 )
- Juan de Flandes , Dutch painter († 1519 )
- Galiot de Genouillac , French diplomat, warlord, grand master of the artillery of France († 1546 )
- Mehmed I. Giray , Ottoman Khan († 1523 )
- Heinrich VIII. , German nobleman, Count von Waldeck († 1513 )
- Wendel Hipler , German lawyer, secretary, peasant chancellor († 1526 )
- Gerard Horenbout , Flemish cartographer, scribe, painter († 1541 )
- Matthias Kremer , German theologian, rector of the University of Cologne († 1557 )
- Giovanni di Niccolò Mansueti , Italian painter († 1527 )
- Sebastian Meyer , German theologian, reformer († 1545 )
- Konrad Thumb von Neuburg , German nobleman, imperial knight, marshal of Württemberg († 1525 )
- Gumprecht I of Neuenahr-Alpen , German nobleman, Count of the Alps and Limburg († 1504 )
- Berthold Pürstinger , Austrian theologian, author, Bishop of Chiemsee († 1543 )
- Piri Reis , Ottoman cartographer († 1554 or 1555 )
- Matthäus Schiner , Swiss Bishop of Sion, Cardinal († 1522 )
- Johann Tetzel , German preacher of indulgence († 1519 )
- Visunharat Thipath , Laotian king of Lan Chang († 1520 )
- Petrus Tritonius , Tyrolean schoolmaster, composer and music teacher († around 1525 )
- Sebastian Virdung , German singer, composer, music theorist
- Georg Truchseß von Wetzhausen , German abbot († 1552 )
Born around 1465
- Vittore Carpaccio , Venetian painter and draftsman († 1525 / 26 )
- Richard Davy , English organist, choir director and composer († around 1507 )
- Juan de Flandes , Dutch painter († 1519 )
- Gil Vicente , Portuguese playwright and satirist († 1536 )
First half of the year
- January 5 : Charles de Valois , French nobleman, poet, Duke of Orléans (* 1394 )
- January 13 : Elisabeth von Brandenburg , German noblewoman, Duchess of Pomerania (* 1425 )
- January 14 : Thomas Beckington , Bishop of Bath and Wells (* around 1390 )
- January 29th : Louis , French nobleman, Duke of Savoy, Prince of Piedmont, Count of Aosta and Maurienne (* 1413 )
- January 31 : Ulrich Maier , Swiss Benedictine, abbot of the Muri monastery
- May 12th : Thomas Palaiologos , Byzantine nobleman, despot of Morea, prince of Achaia (* around 1409 )
- May 24th : Jacob Kennedy , Scottish Bishop, Bishop of Dunkeld and St Andrews
Second half of the year
- July 16 : Pierre de Brézé , French nobleman, knight, Count of Maulévrier (* around 1410 )
- July 27th : Margarete von Brandenburg , German nobleman, Duchess of Mecklenburg and Duchess of Bavaria-Ingolstadt (* 1410 )
- August 5th : Johannes Schallermann , Bishop of Gurk (* 1373 )
- September 11th : Matthias Wedel , German legal scholar
- September 25 : Isabelle de Bourbon , French nobleman, Duchess of Burgundy (* 1437 )
- October 26 : Isabella von Braganza , Portuguese noblewoman (* 1402 )
- November 1st : Ruprecht von Pfalz-Mosbach , Bishop of Regensburg
- December 28 : Wilhelm von Calven , German councilor, mayor of Lübeck
Exact date of death unknown
- Abdalhaqq II , Sultan of the Merinids in Morocco (* 1420 )
- Joanot Martorell , Valencian knight and writer (* 1410 )
- Johannes von Dinkelsbühl , German early humanist scholar (* 1370 )
- Said , Moorish emir of Granada