Calendar overview 1466
regent of East Frisia .
dies in Florence .
Second Peace of Thorn
ended the 13-year Prussian City War .
|1466 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||914/915 (turn of the year July)|
|Aztec calendar||12th house - Matlactli omome Calli (until the end of January / beginning of February: 11th Feuerstein - Matlactli ozce Tecpatl )|
|Buddhist calendar||2009/10 (southern Buddhism); 2008/09 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||69th (70th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||828/829 (turn of the year April)|
|Islamic calendar||870/871 (turn of the year 12/13 August)|
|Jewish calendar||5226/27 (September 10-11)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 1776/77 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 1777/78 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1522/23 (turn of the year April)|
Politics and world events
Holy Roman Empire
- January 21 : In the Treaty of Soldin , the Dukes Erich II and Wartislaw X of Pomerania, through the mediation of Duke Heinrich IV of Mecklenburg, recognize the feudal sovereignty of the Electorate of Brandenburg over the Duchy of Pomerania .
- April 22nd : Galeazzo Maria Sforza succeeds his late father Francesco I. Sforza as Duke of Milan on the throne. In the same year he married Dorotea Gonzaga, daughter of Luigi III. Gonzaga , Margrave of Mantua .
- June 17th : Mulhouse signs a 25-year protective alliance with the Swiss Confederation .
- August: At a tournament in Regensburg , a society made up of knights from the Straubinger Land gathers and founds the “Society of Einehürn”, which later becomes known as the Böcklerbund .
- September 25th / 26th : After Ulrich I's death , his wife Theda takes over the official duties of the House of Cirksena in East Friesland with the support of Chief Sibet Attena .
- October 19 : In the Second Peace of Thorn , concluded in the Artus Court in Toruń after intensive negotiations with the mediation of the papal legate Rudolf von Rüdesheim , which ended the Prussian city war that began in 1454 , the Teutonic Order of Pomerania , the Kulmer Land and Elbing had to cede and assume suzerainty of the Polish King Casimir IV . The contract is expressly rejected by Pope Paul II because it is formally not legally binding from the Pope's point of view . However, due to the weakness of the papacy in terms of power politics, this does not have any consequences.
- August: After the death of Hacı I. Giray , his son Meñli I. Giray and his brothers succeed him as Khan of the Crimea .
- July 12th : The Berg Brewery in Ehingen an der Donau is first mentioned in a document. Archduke Siegmund of Austria certifies the "inn with the right to bake, boil and other butcher's shops" .
Culture and religion
- In Strasbourg , the printer Johannes Mentelin published the first printed Bible in German, the so-called Mentelin Bible . It is one of the first printed works to use the newly developed Gotico Antiqua typeface.
- For the 500th anniversary of the recognition of the "consecration of angels" of the Marienkapelle of Einsiedeln Abbey, the German copper engraver Meister ES is producing the miraculous image of the Madonna of Einsiedeln in three versions.
- An Augustinian cloister is founded in Engelberg in Württemberg , which is confirmed by the Constance Vicar General in the same year.
Date of birth saved
- January 24th : Jan Šlechta ze Všehrd , Czech humanist, philosopher and diplomat († 1525 )
- February 11 : Elizabeth of York , Queen of England, wife of Henry VII and mother of Henry VIII († 1503 )
- April 16 : Johannes V. Thurzo , Prince-Bishop of Breslau († 1520 )
- May 22 : Marino Sanudo , Italian historian, writer and diary writer († 1536 )
- June 18 : Ottaviano dei Petrucci , Italian printer and music publisher († 1539 )
- June 29th : Els von Gemmingen , prioress of the Magdalenenkloster in Speyer († 1532 )
- July 4 : Wilhelm I , Landgrave of Hesse († 1515 )
- July 5 : Giovanni Sforza , Lord of Pesaro († 1510 )
- August 10 : Gianfrancesco II. Gonzaga , Margrave of Mantua († 1519 )
- November 16 : Francesco Cattani da Diacceto , Italian humanist and philosopher († 1522 )
- November 30 : Andrea Doria , Genoese admiral and Prince of Melfi († 1560 )
- November / December: Franz Phoebus , King of Navarre († 1483 )
- December 1 : Agostino Chigi , Italian banker and patron, one of the richest men of his time († 1520 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- Giovanni Filoteo Achillini , Italian scholar and poet († 1538 )
- Marx Parakeet von Ems , South German Landsknechtsführer († 1533 )
- Alfonso Franco , Sicilian painter and silversmith († 1523 )
- Charles I. de Lalaing , Flemish nobleman († 1525 )
- Ludwig I , Count of Nassau-Weilburg († 1523 )
Born around 1466
- probably on October 28, 1466/ 67 / 69 : Erasmus of Rotterdam , European humanist, theologian, philosopher, philologist and author († 1536 )
- Balthasar Düring , German theologian, reformer († 1529 )
- Hartmann II. Von Kirchberg , prince abbot of the Fulda monastery († 1529 )
January to April
- January 31 : Arnold Westphal , Bishop of Lübeck (* 1399 )
- February 16 : Burkhard von Weißpriach , Archbishop of Salzburg (* 1420 / 1423 )
- March 6 : Francesco I. Sforza , Duke of Milan (* 1401 )
- March 7th : Georg von Andlau , provost of the cathedral in Basel and first rector of the University of Basel (* around 1390 )
- March 9 : Dietrich III. von Bocksdorf , Rector of the University of Leipzig and Bishop of Naumburg
- March 14 : Rucker von Lauterburg , Rector of the University of Leipzig, Canon and Vicar General of the Prince Diocese of Speyer (* around 1400 )
- April 10 : Johann V , Count of Hoya (* around 1395 )
- April 11th : Johann III. von Grumbach , Bishop of Würzburg
- April 11th : Guillaume de Varax , Bishop of Belley and Lausanne
- April 13 : Albrecht Pfister , German printer and publisher (* around 1420 )
- April 13th : Burkhard II von Randegg , Bishop of Constance
- before April 26: Giovanni Tortelli , Italian humanist (* around 1400 )
May to August
- June 30th : Peter of Aragón , Portuguese politician and military man (* 1429 )
- July 28th : Jean de Luxembourg , Lord of Haubourdin (* around 1400 )
- August 15 : Ital Reding the Younger , Schwyzer Landammann and Captain in the Old Zurich War (* 1410 )
- August 16 : Winnemar Gruters von Wachtendonk , priest, official and vicar general of the Archdiocese of Cologne
- between May 26th and August 20th: Heinrich , Duke of Mecklenburg-Stargard with Neubrandenburg, Stargard, Strelitz and Wesenberg (* before 1412)
- August: Hacı I. Giray , founder of the Khanate of Crimea
September to December
- September 6th : Henri Arnaut de Zwolle , Flemish doctor, astronomer and music theorist (* around 1400 )
- September 25th / 26th : Ulrich I , Count of East Friesland (* around 1408 )
- September 26 : Ralph Shirley , English Esquire (* 1408 )
- October 30 : Johannes Fust , German printer, publisher and business partner of Gutenberg (* around 1400 )
- December 13th : Donato di Niccolò di Betto Bardi, called Donatello , Italian sculptor (* around 1386 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Walter Back , German official
- Tideman Hadewerk , Councilor of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck
- Heinrich Lange , chronicler and mayor of the Hanseatic city of Lüneburg
- Gerhard von Minden , Mayor of the Hanseatic City of Lübeck
- Isotta Nogarola , Italian humanist and author (* 1418 )
- Enguerrand Quarton , French painter and illuminator (* 1412 / 1415 )
- Hans Schlief , Mayor of Kolberg
- Pero Díaz de Toledo , Castilian lawyer and humanist (* 1410 )