World Open 2019
Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open 2019
|Tournament type:||World ranking tournament|
|Venue:||Yushan , China|
|Opening:||October 28, 2019|
|Endgame:||3rd November 2019
|Highest Break:||145 ( Jack Lisowski )|
The Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open 2019 was a snooker tournament of the main tour - season 2019/20 . For the fourth time in a row the tournament was held in Yushan in the southeast of the People's Republic of China, and for the eighth time the World Open was held under this name. The tournament was added to the tournament calendar at a later date and took place later than in previous years. It started on October 28th and ended with the finale on November 3rd, 2019.
Last year's winner, Mark Williams from Wales, had canceled his participation and was therefore unable to defend his title. The final contested the world champion and world number one Judd Trump and the Thai Thepchaiya Un-Nooh . Trump won the title 10: 5 for the first time at this tournament and the second title of the season after the International Championship .
A total of £ 37,000 more came into the prize pool than in the previous year. The winners of the qualifying matches were guaranteed £ 5,000 instead of £ 4,000, and players got £ 500 more by reaching the round of 16; an additional £ 1,000 was awarded for the highest break. The other premiums remained unchanged.
|Quarter finalist||£ 20,000|
|Round of 16||£ 13,500|
|Last 32||£ 8,000|
|Last 64||£ 5,000|
|Highest break||£ 6,000|
|All in all||£ 772,000|
The games of the final round were played in best-of-9 mode up to and including the quarter-finals . In the semifinals, Best of 11 was considered and the final was won by whoever was the first to win more than half of 19 frames (10 winning frames).
kl. = without a fight
A = amateur player (not on the main tour this season; qualification via the Q-School-Order-of-Merit)
WC = wildcard player of the Chinese association
Final: Best of 19 Frames
Referee: Wang Wei Yushan Number One Middle School, Yushan , China , November 3, 2019
|Judd Trump||10 : 5||Thepchaiya Un-Nooh|
Afternoon session: 63 : 16, 62: 66 (Trump 58), 101 : 4 (96), 87 : 18 (78), 96 : 0 (90), 85 : 14 (85), 15 : 0 1 , 106 : 12 (68), 66:73 ;
Evening Session: 65 : 20 (64) 53: 65 , 13: 80 (80), 8: 105 (56) 136 : 0 (136) 98 : 16 (61)
The qualification took place October 2-5 in Barnsley , Northern England . 56 of the 64 games in the qualifying round were played in the city's Metrodome . As in the two previous years, the other games took place before the start of the main tournament in Yushan. These were the games of the two top seeded Judd Trump and Ronnie O'Sullivan , the best Chinese players Ding Junhui and Yan Bingtao and four games with wildcard players nominated by the Chinese Association. All games were played in best-of-9 mode .
WC = player with a wildcard from the Chinese association
A = amateur player, moved up from the Q School Order of Merit
kl. = without a fight
26 players played 64 century breaks in Yushan . With 9 breaks of at least 100 points, Stuart Bingham was the most successful player. In the round of 16, Ali Carter was the 22nd player to reach the 300th Century of his career. Thepchaiya Un-Nooh is the 69th player to surpass the 100 Centurys mark since this tournament.
A break of 100 or more points was scored 32 times at the qualifying matches in Barnsley, 32 players each managed a century break .
- Yushan World Open. In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , accessed August 13, 2019 .
- Prize Money World Rankings Schedule 2019/2020 Season. (PDF; 86.7 kB) In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , June 20, 2019, accessed August 13, 2019 .
- World Open 2019 Qualifying. (PDF; 16 kB) In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , August 12, 2019, accessed August 13, 2019 .
- World Open 2019 Qualifiers Draw. (PDF; 367 kB) In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , August 14, 2019, accessed August 15, 2019 .
- Zhiyuan Huanbao Yushan World Open (2019). In: snooker.org. Retrieved October 29, 2019 .
- Robertson Goes To Wrong Barnsley For Yushan Qualifiers. In: worldsnooker.com. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , October 5, 2019, accessed October 6, 2019 .
- World Open 2019 - Centuries. In: worldsnookerdata.com. WPBSA , accessed October 29, 2019 .
- World Open 2019 Qualifiers - Centuries. World Professional Billiards & Snooker Association , accessed October 6, 2019 .