|Canton||Coulounieix-Chamiers (main town)|
|Community association||Le Grand Périgueux|
|surface||21.7 km 2|
|Residents||7,703 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||355 inhabitants / km 2|
Château de Rolphie
Coulounieix-Chamiers ( Occitan : Colonhés e Champs Niers ) is a municipality in the French region of Aquitaine with 7,703 inhabitants (as of January 1, 2017). It is located in the Dordogne department , belongs to the Périgueux arrondissement and is part of the canton of Coulounieix-Chamiers . The inhabitants are called Colomniérois .
Coulounieix-Chamiers is surrounded by the neighboring communities of Perigueux in the north and northeast, Notre-Dame-de-Sanilhac in the east and southeast, Coursac in the south and southwest and Marsac-sur-l'Isle in the west.
The southern border of the municipality is the A89 car route .
|Sources: Cassini and INSEE|
- Campniac Grotto, Neolithic Sepulchral Site
- Château de la Rolphie from the 16th century
- Château des Izards with park, today's cultural center
- Château de Plague from the 16th and 17th centuries
- La Maladrerie, "English House", infirmary in use since the 12th century, partly for lepers, Monument historique since 1907
- Saint-Michel church (in Coulounieix) from the 14th century
- Notre-Dame de l'Immaculée-Conception (in Chamiers) church from the 20th century