|Community association||Communes du Pays Ribéracois|
|surface||14.81 km 2|
|Residents||662 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||45 inhabitants / km 2|
Windmill in Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac
Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac is a French municipality with 662 inhabitants (at January 1, 2017) in the department of Dordogne in the region Nouvelle-Aquitaine (before 2016: Aquitaine ). The municipality belongs to the Arrondissement Périgueux and the canton Ribérac (until 2015: canton Neuvic ).
The name in the Occitan language is Sent Vincenç de Conasac and is derived from Saint Vincent of Valencia . The addition “Connezac” can be traced back to an estate that belonged to a “Contius” or “Conatius” in Gallo-Roman times .
The inhabitants are called Connezacois and Connezacoises .
Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac is surrounded by the six neighboring municipalities:
Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac is located in the catchment area of the Dordogne river .
The Beauronne , a tributary of the Isle , crosses the territory of the municipality together with its tributary, the Ruisseau de Rieu Quérieu, which rises in the extreme south-western part of Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac.
After records began, the population rose to a peak of around 870 in the first half of the 19th century. In the following period, the size of the community fell to around 405 inhabitants during short recovery phases up to the 1990s, before a phase with sometimes strong growth began, which continues to this day.
- Saint-Vincent parish church , a new building erected around 1990
- 16th century mansion Le Mas Poitevin
Economy and Infrastructure
The community benefits from its rural environment to develop “green” tourism.
Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac is located in the AOC zones of the Noix du Périgord , the walnuts of the Périgord, and the nut oil of the Périgord.
The community has a public preschool and elementary school with 77 students in the 2018/2019 school year.
Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac can be reached via Routes départementales 41, 43, 44, 109 and 709, the former Route nationale 709 , which connects the municipality with Ribérac in the north-west and with Bergerac via Mussidan in the south.
Paul Pourteyron, born on March 30, 1846 in Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac, died on October 4, 1936 in Le Pizou , was mayor of his home municipality, general councilor of the canton and member of the département.
- Le nom occitan des communes du Périgord ( fr ) Départementrat des Dordogne. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac ( fr ) Conseil régional d'Aquitaine. Archived from the original on September 10, 2016. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Dordogne ( fr ) habitants.fr. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Ma commune: Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac ( fr ) Système d'Information sur l'Eau du Bassin Adour Garonne. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Notice Communale Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac ( fr ) EHESS . Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Populations légales 2016 Commune Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac (24509) ( fr ) INSEE . Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité: Rechercher un produit ( fr ) Institut national de l'origine et de la qualité . Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Caractéristiques des établissements en 2015 Commune de Saint-Vincent-de-Connezac (24509) ( fr ) INSEE . Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- École maternelle et élémentaire ( fr ) National Ministry of Education. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Sylvie Guillaume, Bernard Lachaise: Dictionnaire des parlementaires d'Aquitaine sous la Troisième République ( fr ) Presses universitaire de Bordeaux. Pp. 113-115. 1998. Retrieved January 19, 2018.