Grude (Bosnia and Herzegovina)
|State :||Bosnia and Herzegovina|
|Entity :||Federation of BiH|
|Area :||221 km²|
|Residents :||17,865 (2013)|
|Population density :||81 inhabitants per km²|
|Telephone code :||+387 (0) 66|
|Postal code :||88340|
|Structure and administration (as of 2016)|
|Structure :||15 local communities|
|Mayor :||Ljubo Grizelj ( HDZ BiH )|
|Postal address :||from Gabre Grubišića 4
|Patron saint :||
( Sv. Kata )
|City Festival :||
(patron saint's day)
Grude ( Cyrillic Груде ) is a municipality in Bosnia and Herzegovina with just under 18,000 inhabitants. The community, almost exclusively populated by Croats , is located in western Herzegovina and belongs to the canton of West Herzegovina of the Federation .
The main town of the same name is the administrative seat of the municipality. The municipality is divided into 15 local communities : Pocrte, Borajna, Tihaljina, Grude Zapad, Cerov Dolac Pogana Vlaka, Ledinac-Podledinac, Višnjica-Medovići, Dragicina, Jabuka-Puteševica, Ružići, Gorica, Sovici Donji , Sovici Gornji , Drinovci and Grude Centar.
Population in the municipality of Grude according to the 1991 census:
- Total: 15,976
- Croatians: 13,150 (99.77%)
- Serbs: 8 (0.05%)
- Bosniaks: 4 (0.03%)
- Others: 25 (0.16%)
Geographically, the Verbandsgemeinde is determined by the course of the Bekijsko Polje, which runs from northwest to southeast and then widens to the west to a lowland. The lowlands are very fertile and are mainly used for agriculture. The mountain ranges and plateaus adjoining in the course of the valley cuts are karstified and hardly usable for agriculture. With a height of 819 m, the Trstike mountain in the southwest is the highest elevation in the association, the lowlands are at around 250 m. The Verbandsgemeinde Grude has an area of about 221 km². Grude is around 40 km from Mostar and around 100 km from Split .
The Verbandsgemeinde Grude has an extension of around 18 km in a north-south direction and around 22 km in a west-east direction.
The population of the large community of Grude is almost exclusively Catholic .
Economy and Infrastructure
- Kamenko (ice cream factory)
- Violeta (toilet paper factory)
- Prima (brewery)
- Grafotisak (printer)
- Regional road R 420 Grude - Privalj - Široki Brijeg - Mostar
- Regional road R 421 Sovići-Klobuk
- New regional road Grude-Posušje
- Basketball Club Grude ( HKK Grude )
- Women's Basketball Club ( ŽKK Grude )
- Handball Club Grude
- Football Club Grude ( NK Grude )
- Football Club Drinovci
- Chess Club Grude
- Majorets Club Grude
- Annual marathon from Grude via Ljubuški to Međugorje
- Milan Bandić (* 1955), Mayor of Zagreb
- Mate Boban (1940–1997), President of the Croatian Republic of Herceg-Bosna
- Rafael Boban (1907 – after May 1945), Ustaša officer and general
- Paškal Buconjić (1834–1910), Bishop of Mostar Duvno - ( Trebinje-Mrkan )
- Ivan Bušić Roša (around 1745–1783), Heiduck
- Zvonko Bušić (1946–2013), terrorist
- Andrijica Šimić (1833–1905), Heiduck
- Antun Branko Šimić (1898–1925), writer
- Blago Zadro (1944–1991), politician and general
- Vinko Marinko Prlić (1940-2017), Franciscan
- Velimir Petković (* 1956), handball coach
- Internetthe large community of Grude. Retrieved December 3, 2013 (Croatian).
- Central European News: SFOR raids Croat bank - take two , April 23, 2001
- Website of the Peace Marathon Međugorje ( Memento of the original from April 30, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.