Christoph Johann "Hanns" Zischler (born June 18, 1947 in Nuremberg ) is a German film actor , dramaturge , director , radio play speaker , photographer , translator and essayist .
Hanns Zischler grew up as the son of a quarry owner and stone merchant Johann Zischler in the Franconian village of Langenaltheim . After his mother's death he went to school at a Protestant boarding school in Ingolstadt , where his interest in music and philosophy was encouraged. He then attended the Marquartstein boarding school and graduated from high school in 1966 . In Munich and Berlin he took lectures in philosophy , ethnology , musicology and literature . Zischler worked as a lecturer and translator for French philosophers and went to the Berlin Schaubühne in 1968 , where he worked as a dramaturgy and assistant director from 1973 to 1975. In 1976 in Karlsruhe and Basel he staged the plays Die Schlacht und Traktor by Heiner Müller together with director Harun Farocki . He left the world of the theater behind because, according to his own statements, he did not want to work permanently in closed, windowless rooms.
As an actor, he has appeared in German film productions, including those of Wim Wenders , Peter Handke , Peter Lilienthal and Rudolf Thome, since the 1970s . He has appeared eight times in Thome's feature films. Zischler was best known in 1976 through the road movie Im Lauf der Zeit by Wim Wenders. He has also worked in international productions by auteur filmmakers such as Claude Chabrol , Andrew Birkin and István Szabó . In 2005 he played the role of Mossad agent Hans in Steven Spielberg's drama Munich .
In the Swedish crime series Kommissar Beck - The New Cases he played the role of Josef Hillman in the episodes The Cartel , The Man Without a Face , Price of Vengeance (TV, 2001), The Boy in the Glass Ball , Death by Ad , The Hermit and Sender unknown (television, 2002). In the film Hilde about the life of Hildegard Knef , which premiered at the Berlinale 2009 , Zischler played the role of UFA film producer Erich Pommer .
Zischler plays his roles with a great presence of mind and presence. In the opinion of Reclam's Lexicon of German Films , he embodies a “trusting masculinity that defies any fashionable attitude and appears sympathetically old-fashioned.” The director Jean-Luc Godard called him a gentleman actor . The FAZ judged his acting: Zischler acted in the film in “an emphatic , at the same time deliberately reserved manner”, his “trademark” was “the expressive lacony ”. He is one of the busiest actors in Germany; by 2015, more than 220 film and television roles were counted in which he portrayed very different characters. Nevertheless, to this day he is mainly valued and respected by film connoisseurs, whose recognition, however, is sufficient for him according to his own statement.
In 2006 Zischler founded the Alpheus Verlag in Berlin for the second time after 1968 , in which from 2007 to 2010 the TUMULT series . Writings on traffic science (edited by Walter Seitter and Frank Böckelmann ) appeared temporarily.
Zischler has lived in Berlin since 1968, lived with the landscape architect and artist Regina Poly (1942–2014) since 1978 and was married to her since 2008/2009. His son Julian Middendorf (1978–2013) worked as an actor, dancer and yoga teacher.
- 2004: Friedrich Baur Prize
- 2009: Heinrich Mann Prize
- 2010: German audio book award in the Best Fiction category for his reading (with Peter Fricke and Ilja Richter ) of the Chronicle of Emotions by Alexander Kluge , Director: Karl Bruckmaier , Production: BR and Verlag Antje Kunstmann .
- 2011: Cross of Merit on Ribbon of the Federal Republic of Germany
- 2013: Prize of the Literature Houses
- 2016: Cicero Speaker Award
- 2018: Honorary doctorate from the Bauhaus University Weimar
- 1970: Summer in the City , directed by Wim Wenders
- 1976: In the course of time , directed by Wim Wenders
- 1978: The Left-Handed Woman, Director: Peter Handke
- 1978: Les rendez-vous d'Anna, directed by Chantal Akerman
- 1979: David, directed by Peter Lilienthal
- 1979: I clean up , director: Georg Brintrup
- 1980: Berlin Chamissoplatz , director: Rudolf Thome
- 1981: Malevil , directed by Christian de Chalonge
- 1981: Engel aus Eisen, directed by Thomas Brasch
- 1981: Cold as Ice, Director: Carl Schenkel
- 1982: Domino, directed by Thomas Brasch
- 1982: Doctor Faustus, director: Franz Seitz
- 1983: The Flambéed Woman , directed by Robert van Ackeren
- 1983: System without shadows , director: Rudolf Thome
- 1984: The autograph, directed by Peter Lilienthal
- 1985: Passions , directed by Liliana Cavani
- 1986: Kir Royal (TV series, episode 3 - The people see nothing)
- 1986: Tarot , directed by Rudolf Thome
- 1987: Das Treibhaus, director: Peter Goedel
- 1987: Berlin, director: Philippe J. Grandrieux
- 1988: The Venus Trap , directed by Robert van Ackeren
- 1988: The Black Milan ( Milan Noir ), directed by Ronald Chammah
- 1989: The bodyguard, director: Adolf Winkelmann
- 1989–1997: Derrick (TV series, four episodes)
- 1989: Franziskus , directed by Liliana Cavani
- 1989: The Open Universum, directed by Klaus Wyborny
- 1989: The Rose Garden , directed by Fons Rademakers
- 1990: Hitler Youth Salomon , directed by Agnieszka Holland
- 1990: Dr. M , directed by Claude Chabrol
- 1990: Das Haus am Watt, directed by Sigi Rothemund (TV film)
- 1991: End of Innocence , directed by Frank Beyer
- 1991: Germany Neu (n) Null, directed by Jean-Luc Godard
- 1992: Driven, director: Norbert Kückelmann
- 1992: heart leap
- 1992: The King of Bärenbach (TV series)
- 1992: Tatort: Bienzle und der Biedermann , director: Peter Adam
- 1992: Salt on Our Skin (Salt on Our Skin) , directed by Andrew Birkin
- 1993: Far away, so close! , Director: Wim Wenders
- 1993: The Cement Garden (The Cement Garden) , directed by Andrew Birkin
- 1993: Hour of the Foxes
- 1994–2003: A Case for Two (TV series, three episodes)
- 1994: Charlie & Louise - The Double Lottery , Direction: Joseph Vilsmaier
- 1996: The Clown , directed by Hermann Joha (TV film)
- 1996: Die Tunnelgangster von Berlin , directed by Menahem Golan (TV movie)
- 1997: Tatort: Murder Business , Director: Jürgen Brauer
- 1997: Tatort: Keys to Murder , directed by Sylvia Hoffman
- 1997: Kidnapping - A father strikes back , directed by Cinzia Th. Torrini
- 1998: 23 - Nothing is as it seems , director: Hans-Christian Schmid
- 1998: Tatort: Looking into the Abyss , Director: Jürgen Brauer
- 1998: Tatort: The Second Man , directed by Sylvia Hoffman
- 1998: Polizeiruf 110: Murderous Mallorca , director: Ulrich Stark
- 1999: A touch of sunshine (The Taste of Sunshine) , directed by István Szabó
- 1999: No Sex , directed by Josh Broecker (TV movie)
- 2000: Anniversaries , directed by Margarethe von Trotta (TV film)
- 2000: Paradiso - Seven Days with Seven Women, Director: Rudolf Thome
- 2001: The beautiful day , directed by Thomas Arslan
- 2001: Taking Sides - The Furtwängler Case , directed by István Szabó
- 2001: The dance with the devil , directed by Peter Keglevic
- 2001: Sulla, directed by Klaus Wyborny
- 2002: The Deputy Director: Costa-Gavras
- 2002: Two Sides of Love , directed by Bodo Fürneisen
- 2002: Edel & Starck (episode The Cloak of Silence )
- 2002: 666 - Don't trust anyone you sleep with! , Director: Rainer Matsutani
- 2002: Ripley's Game , directed by Liliana Cavani
- 2002: Fathers , directed by Dani Levy
- 2003: Red and Blue , Director: Rudolf Thome
- 2003: Novak's ultimatum , directed by Andreas Prochaska
- 2003: Something will happen , director: Roland Gießer (short film)
- 2003: Small wounds (Petites coupures) , directed by Pascal Bonitzer
- 2004: Woman drives, man sleeps , director: Rudolf Thome
- 2004: The fat years are over , director: Hans Weingartner
- 2004: Walk on Water , directed by Eytan Fox
- 2004: Kiss me, Chancellor, Director: Ulrich Stark (TV movie)
- 2004: Apocalypse Eis (Post Impact) , director: Christoph Schrewe
- 2005: Munich , directed by Steven Spielberg
- 2005: Getting married makes me nervous, Director: Ariane Zeller (TV movie)
- 2006: A crown for Isabell
- 2007: Tarragona - A Paradise in Flames , director: Peter Keglevic
- 2007: Die Flucht , director: Kai Wessel (TV film)
- 2008: Dr. Psycho - The bad guys, the cops, my wife and I (TV series, five episodes)
- 2008: Tage des Zorns (Flammen og Citronen) , director: Ole Christian Madsen
- 2008: In Winter One Year , Director: Caroline Link
- 2008: Die Hetzjagd (La traque) , directed by Laurent Jaoui
- 2008: Commissario Laurenti - Death casts long shadows
- 2008: Mortal Sin, directed by Matti Geschonneck
- 2008: Tatort: Bunny in the Pit , Director: Dagmar Knöpfel
- 2009: Hilde , director: Kai Wessel
- 2009: Kidnapped, directed by Matti Geschonneck (TV movie)
- 2010: Behind blind windows , director: Matti Geschonneck (TV film)
- 2010: Aghet - Ein Genocide , directed by Eric Friedler
- 2010: The Red Room , Director: Rudolf Thome
- 2010: Coast Guard (TV series, episode)
- 2010: In the shadow , directed by Thomas Arslan
- 2010: Wild waves - nothing remains hidden (TV series, four episodes)
- 2011: You are afraid in the world , director: Hans W. Geißendörfer
- 2011: Nils Holgersson's wonderful journey , director: Dirk Regel
- 2011: Bastard , director: Carsten Unger
- 2011: Playoff, directed by Eran Riklis
- 2012: Zettl , director: Helmut Dietl
- 2012: The case of Jakob von Metzler , director: Stephan Wagner
- 2012: Rommel , directed by Niki Stein
- 2013: Grenzgang , director: Brigitte Maria Bertele
- 2013: The woman behind the wall , directed by Grzegorz Muskala (TV movie)
- 2014: Way of the Cross , Director: Dietrich Brüggemann
- 2014: The Clouds of Sils Maria (Sils Maria) , directed by Olivier Assayas
- 2014: Silent Nights , director: Horst Johann Sczerba (TV film)
- 2015: Letter to my life, director: Urs Egger (TV film)
- 2016: Outside the Box, directed by Philip Koch
- 2016: On Once , directed by Asli Ozge
- 2017: Crash Test Aglaé , directed by Èric Gravel
- 2017: Babylon Berlin , director: Tom Tykwer u. a. (TV series)
- 2018: Cecelia Ahern: A Moment for Life, Director: Jophi Ries (TV movie)
- 2018: Katie Fforde - Pretty Best Friends, Director: Frauke Thielecke (TV series)
- 2018: The Great Rudolph , Director: Alexander Adolph
- 2018: Whatever Happens Next , director: Julian Pörksen
- 2018: Solo for White - Forever Silence (TV series)
- 2019: my end. Your beginning.
- 2019: Polizeiruf 110 - Heimatliebe (TV series)
- 2019: Prof. Wall in the brothel , director: Stefan Krohmer
- 2019: The New Era (TV series)
- 2020: Last trace Berlin - "Alibi" and "Memory"
- Gero von Boehm meets Hanns Zischler. Talk, Germany, 2010, 44:25 min., Production: interscience, 3sat , first broadcast: November 8, 2010, film information from interscience, 3sat video depublished .
- “I'm going into a different blue.” TV documentary on Rolf Dieter Brinkmann , BR Germany, 1981, 45 min., Script and director: Hanns Zischler, production: Südwestfunk , film data from filmportal.de .
- "America" in front of your eyes or Kafka in 43 minutes. 30 sec. Documentary film, Federal Republic of Germany, 1978, 43:30 min., Script and director: Hanns Zischler, production: WDR , first broadcast: September 1, 1978 on WDR 3 , film data from filmportal.de .
- reverse chronological -
- The torn letter. Novel. Galiani, Berlin 2020, ISBN 978-3-86971-207-9 .
- Errata. Second hand errors. A conversation in x key words with Hanns Zischler. Marbacher Magazin 153 (exhibition catalog), Marbach 2016. ISBN 978-3-944469-19-5 .
- The girl with the orange papers . Galiani, Berlin 2014, ISBN 978-3-86971-096-9 .
- Berlin is too big for Berlin. Galiani, Berlin 2013, ISBN 978-3-86971-071-6 .
- with Hanno Rink (illustrations): Lady Earl Gray . Arche Verlag , Zurich and Hamburg 2012, ISBN 978-3-7160-2676-2 .
- with Hanna Zeckau: The butterfly case. Arnold Schultze's tropical expeditions . Galiani, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86971-024-2 .
- with Sara Danius : Nose for News: Mixed News from James Joyce. Zsolnay , Berlin 2008, ISBN 978-3-552-05425-7 .
- with Jörg Probst (ed.): Big cinema, small cinema. 1968 pictures. Merve Verlag , Berlin 2008 ISBN 978-3-88396-248-1 .
- with Frank Böckelmann ( ed .): The ravishing sound of the American. Alpheus, Berlin 2007. ( Tumult , Volume 32).
- as ed .: literary magazine 43. Borges in the cinema. Rowohlt, Reinbek 1999, fig., ISBN 3-498-03906-7 .
Kafka goes to the cinema. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 1996, ISBN 3-499-22376-7 .
- Revised new edition: Galiani Berlin, Berlin 2017, ISBN 978-3-86971-105-8 .
- Day trips. Merve , Berlin 1993, ISBN 3-88396-106-X .
- Hanns Zischler: The openwork canvas. Georges Méliès ' autoportrait de l'Artiste. In: Trajekte 25. Head Skull Face. 2012, No. 25, ed. from the Center for Literary and Cultural Research .
- Hanns Zischler: Built on sand. Berlin is too big for Berlin. In: Tagesspiegel , January 3, 2010.
- Hanns Zischler: Werner Hamacher : “I should be the Delamarche .” America in mind: Kafka in 43 minutes 30 seconds. In: Aris Fioretos (ed.): Babel. Festschrift for Werner Hamacher. Urs Engeler, Basel 2009, ISBN 3-938767-55-3 , pp. 408-416, transcript of a broadcast on WDR 3 , 1978, table of contents .
- Hanns Zischler: The most beautiful lunar landscape you can imagine: the Franconian Alb . In: German Landscapes (2003), pp. 293–303.
- Ken Krimstein: The Three Lives of Hannah Arendt. Graphic Novel , dtv, Munich 2019, ISBN 978-3-423-28208-6
- Jacques Derrida : Grammatology. Suhrkamp, Frankfurt  2003, ISBN 3-518-06739-7 , with Hans-Jörg Rheinberger .
- Jean-Luc Godard : Histoire (s) du cinéma. Soundtrack of the eight-part Histoire (s) du cinéma (1988–1998) on five CDs with four text and picture volumes. ECM Records, Munich 1999, ISBN 3-00-005329-8 .
- Hugh Kenner: From Pope to Pop. Art in the Xerox Age . Philo, Berlin 1995, ISBN 3-86572-388-8 , with Wulf Teichmann.
- Graham Greene : The third man . Der Audio Verlag (DAV), Berlin 2016, 3 CDs, 3h 53 min., ISBN 978-3-86231-691-5 .
- Elisabeth de Waal : Thursdays at Kanakis . Audiobook Hamburg 2014, ISBN 978-3-89903-736-4 .
- Helmut Schmidt , Giovanni di Lorenzo : On a cigarette with Helmut Schmidt . Voiced by Hanns Zischler and Marcus Off . The Audio Verlag (DAV), Berlin 2012, 3 CDs, ISBN 978-3-86231-237-5 .
- Helmut Schmidt: Religion in Responsibility: Threats to Peace in the Age of Globalization . Random House Audio 2011, ISBN 978-3-8371-1179-8 .
- Helmut Schmidt, Fritz Stern : Our Century: A Conversation. Der Audio Verlag (DAV), 5 CDs, 307 min., Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-89813-978-6 .
- Martin Burckhardt : The Revelation of Daniel Paul Schreber. Kulturverlag Kadmos , Berlin, ISBN 978-3-931659-04-2 .
- Arnold Stadler : Come on, let's go . Argon , Berlin 2007, ISBN 3-86610-253-4 .
- Gabriel García Marquez : Memories of my sad whores. 3 audio CDs. Structure , Berlin 2007, ISBN 3-89813-560-8 .
- Gabriel García Marquez: Chronicle of a Death foretold . 3 audio CDs. Structure, Berlin 2007, ISBN 3-89813-632-9 .
- Kapuscinski's world. Stations of a world traveler. CD-ROM + audio CD. Eichborn, Frankfurt am Main 2007, ISBN 978-3-8218-5448-9 .
- Eduard von Keyserling : Sultry days . Argon, 2 audio CDs, 2006, ISBN 3-86610-010-8 .
- Vladimir Nabokov : the magician . 2 audio CDs, Süddeutsche Zeitung, Munich 2006, ISBN 3-86615-362-7 .
- Fernando Pessoa : An anarchist banker . Reading ear von Wagenbach , Frankfurt am Main 2006, ISBN 978-3-8031-4090-6 .
- Heinrich Heine : "I want to dive my soul". Poems. Patmos, Düsseldorf 2006, with Rufus Beck , audio CD, approx. 80 min. ISBN 3-491-91196-6 .
- Eckhard Henscheid : The complete idiots. Zweiausendeins , Frankfurt am Main 2004 , ISBN 3-86150-655-6 . (Audiobook on 1 MP3 CD, audio CD, 6 hours 58 minutes, with booklet, 24 pages)
- Kathrin Röggla : We don't sleep. parlando , Hamburg 2004, ISBN 3-935125-38-0 . (Audio CD running time 81 min., With booklet, 8 pages)
- Gustav Schwab : Legends of Classical Antiquity. Eichborn , Frankfurt am Main 2003–2006, 16 CDs, approx. 1250 min., ISBN 3-8218-5426-X .
- Tim Parks : Fate. Kunstmann , Munich 2001, ISBN 3-88897-287-6 , abbreviated, 2 CDs, min. 268 min.
- 1991: Gabriel Josipovici : Obituary for LS (interviewer) - Director: Robert Matejka (radio play - RIAS Berlin)
- 2014: Kathrin Röggla : War of Noise - Director: Leopold von Verschuer (radio play - BR )
- Website by Hanns Zischler
- Literature by and about Hanns Zischler in the catalog of the German National Library
- Hanns Zischler in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Hanns Zischler at filmportal.de with biography, filmography and pictures
- Michael Althen and Andreas Kilb : "Presence of mind is the only commandment." In: FAZ , January 19, 2006.
- David Denk: “Inability annoys me.” In: taz , January 16, 2006, on Munich .
- Anna Loll: Hanns ... who? Oh he! In: FAZ , January 31 / January 1. February 2009.
- Jochen Hieber : Hanns Zischler on his sixtieth: Even when he's lying on the sofa, he remains present. In: FAZ , June 18, 2007.
- Gerda-Marie Schönfeld: Secret face. In: stern , No. 5, February 4, 2006.
- Peter von Becker : So many lives. In: Tagesspiegel , January 15, 2006, p. 3: In Steven Spielberg's new thriller Munich he plays a leading role: Hanns Zischler. But the Berliner is much more than that: a writer, photographer and historian. A visit.
- ↑ a b Björn Rosen, Andreas Austilat : “Tastelessness must be allowed.” In: Tagesspiegel , September 16, 2011, Sunday interview.
- ↑ a b c Katharina Losso: Bio- and Filmography ( Memento from March 4, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) on film-zeit.de , March 2009.
- ↑ a b In: Gero von Boehm meets Hanns Zischler. In: 3sat , November 8, 2010 and Hanns Zischler. Multi-artist. ( Memento from November 12, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) In: 3sat .
- ↑ Hanns Zischler. In: guenter-peter.de , accessed on May 19, 2015.
- ↑ Claudia Christophersen: Hanns Zischler on the art of speaking. In: NDR , April 6, 2016, interview.
- ↑ Michael Althen and Andreas Kilb : "Presence of mind is the only commandment." In: FAZ , January 19, 2006, interview.
- ↑ a b Jochen Hieber : Hanns Zischler on the sixtieth: Even when he is lying on the sofa, he remains present. In: FAZ , June 18, 2007.
- ↑ a b c Gerda-Marie Schönfeld: Hanns Zischler. Secret face. ( Memento from April 17, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) In: stern , February 4, 2006, No. 5.
- ↑ Hanns Zischler. In: Kölner Stadt-Anzeiger , 2010.
- ↑ a b c Anna Loll: Hanns ... who? Oh he! In: FAZ , January 31 / January 1. February 2009.
- ↑ Hanns Zischler. In: IMDb , accessed on May 19, 2015.
- ↑ Knut Cordsen: Cicero speaker award. Award for Hanns Zischler. ( Memento from October 2, 2016 in the Internet Archive ) In: BR , April 7, 2016, audio file, 5:44 min.
- ↑ Hanns Zischler receives an honorary doctorate. Knowledge compact. In: Welt Online. April 19, 2018, accessed February 11, 2020 .
- ↑ Elke Schmitter : Romantic dry material. In: Der Spiegel , No. 49, December 6, 2010, page 162, review of The Butterfly Case.
- ↑ Wiglaf Droste : Hanns Zischler reads "Die Vollidioten" by Eckhard Henscheid. In: Taz , January 13, 2006, review.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Zischler, Christoph Johann|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German film actor, writer and dramaturge|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 18, 1947|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Nuremberg|