Christiane Knetsch from SG Dynamo Potsdam won the 1972 Spartakiade in a double four and eight. From 1973 to 1975 she rowed three GDR championship titles in eighth. In 1975 at the World Championships in Nottingham, the GDR eight-place won in the line-up of Doris Mosig , Rosel Nitsche , Renate Neu , Monika Kallies , Bianka Schwede , Ilona Richter , Christiane Knetsch, Viola Goretzki and helmsman Marina Wilke .
At the 1976 Olympic Games in Montreal, women's rowing had its Olympic premiere. The boats from the GDR won four gold medals and two silver medals in the six boat classes. The eighth competed in the line-up Irina Müller , Helma Lehmann , Henrietta Ebert , Monika Kallies, Brigitte Ahrenholz , Ilona Richter, Christiane Knetsch, Viola Goretzki and Marina Wilke and won with three seconds ahead of the eighth from the Soviet Union.
After their marriage, Christiane Köpke took part in the 1978 World Championships in New Zealand as a batter , the boat won the silver medal behind the Soviet boat. In 1980, coach Dieter Grahn changed hands again in the GDR eight: Martina Boesler , Kersten Neisser , Christiane Köpke, Birgit Schütz , Gabriele Kühn , Ilona Richter, Marita Sandig , Karin Metze and Marina Wilke won the 1980 Olympic Games by one second the Soviet boat.
For her sporting success she was awarded the Patriotic Order of Merit in silver in 1976 and 1980 .
- Volker Kluge : The great lexicon of GDR athletes. The 1000 most successful and popular athletes from the GDR, their successes and biographies. Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-89602-348-9 , page 208.
- Christiane Köpke in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- German medals at world rowing championships
- the honor for the Olympic team of the GDR. Awarded high government awards. Patriotic Order of Merit in silver. In: New Germany . ZEFYS newspaper portal of the Berlin State Library , September 10, 1976, p. 4 , accessed on April 10, 2018 (free registration required).
- Neues Deutschland, August 22, 1980, p. 3
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Knetsch, Christiane|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German rower|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 24, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Brandenburg on the Havel|