Cornelia Klier (born March 19, 1957 in Dorfilm as Corneliaügel ) is a former German rower . Starting for the GDR , she and Ute Steindorf won the Olympic gold medal in 1980 in a pair without a helmsman .
Corneliaügel answered after a call from Heinz Quermann on the TV show Between Breakfast and Roast Goose , in which tall young people were asked to row. She joined the SC DHfK Leipzig . There she met Ute Steindorf , with whom she won silver in the eighth and bronze in the two at the 1975 Spartakiad . In 1976, both were available as substitutes for the team at the 1976 Olympic Games . In 1977 Steindorf andügel changed to the GDR eighth, who won the world championship title in Amsterdam with Corneliaügel, Ute Steindorf, Gabriele Lohs , Kersten Neisser , Marita Sandig , Andrea Kurth , Bianka Schwede , Karin Metze and taxwoman Sabine Heß . From 1978 Steindorf andügel formed a pair without a helmsman who won the World Championships in New Zealand in 1978 and in Bled in 1979. In 1979, Corneliaügel married the Berlin swimming coach Hartmut Klier. The duo Ute Steindorf and Cornelia Klier won the gold medal at the 1980 Olympic Games . For this success she was awarded the Patriotic Order of Merit in silver.
After the Olympic Games, Cornelia Klier moved to Berlin. The trained physiotherapist worked at VEB Spezialhochbau.
- Werner Breunig, Andreas Herbst (ed.): Biographical handbook of the Berlin parliamentarians 1963–1995 and city councilors 1990/1991 (= series of publications of the Berlin State Archives. Volume 19). Landesarchiv Berlin, Berlin 2016, ISBN 978-3-9803303-5-0 , p. 427.
- Volker Kluge : The great lexicon of GDR athletes. The 1000 most successful and popular athletes from the GDR . Verlag Schwarzkopf & Schwarzkopf, Berlin 2000, ISBN 3-89602-348-9 , p. 201.
- Cornelia Klier in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- German successes at world championships
- Neues Deutschland , August 22, 1980, p. 3
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Temple, Cornelia|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Olympic champion in rowing|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 19, 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Village film|