|Warren Barguil at the 2011 Tour de l'Ain|
|Date of birth||October 28, 1991|
|Driver type||Mountain riders|
|To the team|
|Current team||Team Arkéa-Samsic|
|Most important successes|
|Last updated: July 23, 2017|
Barguil began his international career in August 2011 as a stagiaire with the French UCI Continental Team Bretagne-Schuller , where he was able to clinch his first victory in the Tour de l'Avenir . In August of the following year he also drove as an intern for the Dutch UCI Professional Continental Team Argos-Shimano . That year he also won the overall standings at the Tour de l'Avenir, his first victory in a stage race . From the 2013 season he drove with a regular contract with Argos-Shimano. By participating in the Vuelta a España , he drove one of the Grand Tour for the first time and was able to win two mountain stages after a long escape. The finish sprint of the 16th stage between Barguil and Rigoberto Urán was so close that the decision was only made in favor of Barguil after viewing the finish photo . In 2014 he reached eighth place overall at the Vuelta a España . He finished the 2015 Tour de France in 14th place.
On January 23, 2016, Barguil - like his teammates John Degenkolb , Max Walscheid , Ramon Sinkeldam , Chad Haga and Fredrik Ludvigsson - was seriously injured in an accident during a training drive near Calpe, Spain . An elderly British tourist had driven into the training group on the wrong side of the road. Nevertheless, he was able to finish the Tour de France 2016 in 23rd place.
On the second stage of the Tour de Romandie 2017 , Barguil fell hard again and broke his left pelvic bone. In the subsequent Tour de France , he celebrated his first stage success on the French national holiday . He won the mountainous 13th stage in the sprint of a top group of four and the 18th stage with the goal on the Col d'Izoard as a soloist. In addition, he was beaten by Rigoberto Urán in the photo finish in the sprint of a six-person leading group on the 9th stage . He finished the tour as the winner of the mountain classification . Barguil was also named the most combative driver .
Later that year, Barguil started at the Vuelta a España , but was withdrawn from the race by the team management after the seventh stage due to discrepancies over tactics. Barguil had demanded that he no longer wanted to drive in the mountains for the goals of the team, but for himself. After his removal from the Vuelta, he announced that he would leave the Sunweb team immediately. He had already signed a three-year contract with the Breton second division Fortuneo-Oscaro for the 2018 season.
At the Tour de France 2018 he could no longer build on the successes of the previous tour with his new team, he finished second in the mountain classification and finished the tour in 17th overall. He suffered serious injuries in a fall during the second leg of Paris – Nice 2019 ; a first diagnosis was a double vertebral fracture, after a medical examination this was corrected for whiplash . Just two weeks later he started the Tour of Catalonia and fell on the final stage, suffering a fractured pelvis; The German driver Simon Geschke was also injured in the mass fall . At Paris – Nice 2020 he was disqualified for the rest of the race after the first stage because, according to the racing jury, he had driven too long in the slipstream of the team car after a fall to regain connection with the peloton.
- a stage Tour de l'Avenir
- two stages Vuelta a España
Grand Tour placements
|Tour de France||-||-||14th||23||10||17th||10|
|Vuelta a España||38||8th||-||DNF||DNF||-||-|
- 2011 Bretagne-Schuller (Stagiaire)
- 2012 Team Argos-Shimano (Stagiaire)
- 2013 Argos-Shimano team
- 2014 Team Giant-Shimano
- 2015 Team Giant-Alpecin
- 2016 Team Giant-Alpecin
- 2017 Team Sunweb
- 2018 Team Fortuneo-Samsic
- 2019 Team Arkéa-Samsic
- 2020 Team Arkéa-Samsic
- Warren Barguil in the Radsportseiten.net database
- Warren Barguil in the ProCyclingStats.com database
- Warren Barguil surprises at the Vuelta. St. Galler Tagblatt , September 6, 2013, accessed on July 15, 2015 .
- Barguil is having another special day. radsport-news.com, September 9, 2013, accessed July 15, 2017 .
- radsport-news.com - Degenkolb and team mates hit by car in training camp. radsport-news.com, April 23, 2015, accessed July 15, 2017 .
- radsport-news.com - Giant Alpecin accident: female car driver released from police custody. radsport-news.com, April 23, 2015, accessed July 15, 2017 .
- Tour stage victory two months after a pelvic fracture. radsport-news.com, July 14, 2017, accessed July 15, 2017 .
- Barguil lets France cheer, Landa makes up ground. radsport-news.com, July 14, 2017, accessed July 15, 2017 .
- Bardet gives everything at the Izoard, but Froome is too strong. radsport-news.com, July 20, 2017, accessed July 20, 2017 .
- Uranium with a walk to victory, Barguil cheers too early. radsport-news.com, July 9, 2017, accessed July 13, 2017 .
- Sunweb send Barguil home from Vuelta after disagreements over tactics. In: Cycling News. August 26, 2017, accessed August 26, 2017 .
- Mountaineer Barguil leaves Sunweb. spox.com, August 2, 2017, accessed September 2, 2017 .
- Barguil with a double fracture of the vertebra. In: rad-net.de. March 12, 2019, accessed March 12, 2019 .
- All-clear with Barguil: whiplash instead of vertebral break. In: rad-net.de. March 13, 2019, accessed March 13, 2019 .
- Barguil has to pause with a broken pelvis. In: rad-net.de. April 3, 2019, accessed April 3, 2019 .
- Warren Barguil disqualified at Paris-Nice. In: classic.rad-net.de. March 9, 2020, accessed March 9, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||French cyclist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 28, 1991|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Hennebont|