|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Basic data (as of 1974)|
|State :||Lower Saxony|
|Administrative region :||Luneburg|
|Administrative headquarters :||Burgdorf|
|Area :||825.05 km 2|
|Residents:||148,100 (Dec. 31, 1973)|
|Population density :||180 inhabitants per km 2|
|License plate :||BU|
|Circle key :||03 3 31|
|Circle structure:||70 parishes|
|District Administrator :||Friedel Wullekopf|
The district of Burgdorf , based in Burgdorf, was in central Lower Saxony , between Hanover and Celle . It belonged to the administrative district of Lüneburg and, as part of the regional reform on March 1, 1974, was largely absorbed in the district of Hanover , which was part of the then administrative district of Hanover .
The district included the districts of today's cities
- Burgdorf ,
- Burgwedel ,
- Taught (without the OT Hämelerwald ),
- Sighted (without the OT Bolzum , Müllingen , Wassel , Wehmingen and Wirringen )
and today's churches
The Burgdorf district was formed on April 1, 1885 as part of the formation of districts in the province of Hanover from the old Hanoverian offices of Burgdorf and Burgwedel and the city of Burgdorf. In 1932, the Anderten community was reclassified from the Burgdorf district to the Hanover district . On February 28, 1974, the Burgdorf district was dissolved. Except for smaller parts of the district, which fell to the city of Hanover and the district of Peine, the district area went into the enlarged district of Hanover.
The following is a graphic representation of the population development:
List of main administrative officials who were at the head of the county
District administrators (Between 1885 and the end of the German Reich in 1945, the heads of administration were called district administrators.)
- 1883–1898 Christian Lübbes
- 1898–1902 Gottlieb von Meyeren
- 1902–1916 Wilhelm von Baumbach
- 1916 Justus Theodor Valentiner
- 1917–1932 Friedrich Schmidt
- 1932–1943 Rudolf von Löhneysen
- 1943–1945 Erich Krause
Oberkreisdirektoren (After 1945 the official title was Oberkreisdirektor.)
- 1945 August Tünnermann
- 1945–1950 Hermann Blanke
- 1950–1972 Heinz Rotermund
- 1972–1974 Friedel Wullekopf
coat of arms
The design of the coat of arms of the Burgdorf district comes from Karl Wulf . The coat of arms can be found in reversed colors at the city of Burgwedel . The approval of the coat of arms was granted on February 25, 1937 by the Prussian State Ministry.
|Blazon : " oblique right of Silver and Black divided , above rotbezungtes wolf head , down an inclined right asked, Silver Wolf Angel ."|
|Justification of the coat of arms: The coat of arms establishes a connection to Hermann Löns ' farmer's chronicle “ The Wehrwolf ”, which was located in the Burgdorf district.|
The following table lists all municipalities that belonged to the Burgdorf district between 1885 and 1974, as well as all incorporations:
On July 1, 1956, the district was assigned the distinguishing mark BU when the vehicle registration number that is still valid today was introduced . It was issued until February 28, 1974.
- Kurt Kayser: The district of Burgdorf . In: The districts in Lower Saxony , Volume 19, Dorn Verlag, Bremen 1961
- Carl Wolff (ed.): The art monuments of the province of Hanover . Edited by Carl Wolff on behalf of the Provincial Commission for Research and Preservation of the Monuments in the Province of Hanover. Hanover 1899–1927
- Federal Statistical Office (ed.): Historical municipality directory for the Federal Republic of Germany. Name, border and key number changes in municipalities, counties and administrative districts from May 27, 1970 to December 31, 1982 . W. Kohlhammer, Stuttgart / Mainz 1983, ISBN 3-17-003263-1 , p. 221 ff .
- Community directory 1945: Burgdorf district. From: territorial.de, accessed on September 28, 2017.
- District regulations for the province of Hanover (1885). On: Berlin State Library - Prussian Cultural Heritage, accessed on September 28, 2017.
- Michael Rademacher: German administrative history from the unification of the empire in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. burgdorf.html. (Online material for the dissertation, Osnabrück 2006).
- 1961 and 1970: census results
- Statistical yearbook for the Federal Republic of Germany. On: DigiZeitschriften, journal volume 1976, chapters 49 to 62, accessed on September 28, 2017.
- arms designs by Karl Wulf. In: Wikimedia Commons . Retrieved July 25, 2017.
- District Hanover: Wappenbuch district Hanover . Published by the author himself, Hannover 1985, p. 20-21 .
- Municipal directory 1900: Burgdorf district. From: gemeindeververzeichnis.de, accessed on September 28, 2017.