Stuart Peter O'Grady (born August 6, 1973 in Adelaide ) is a retired Australian cyclist . In track cycling he was Olympic and world champion. On the road , he won the classic Paris – Roubaix and three stages of the Tour de France .
O'Grady achieved his first international success as an amateur on the track . At the 1992 Olympic Games in Barcelona he won the silver medal in the team pursuit with his teammates Brett Aitken , Stephen McGlede and Shaun O'Brien . At the UCI Track World Championships in 1993 , the Australians managed to get their revenge with O'Grady when they defeated the Olympic champion Germany's four-wheeler with a new world record in the world championship final. After these successes on the track, O'Grady became a professional road cyclist in 1995 with the French team Crédit Agricole .
In the Tour de France he started 17 times and finished the race 16 times. He achieved three individual stage wins and one victory in a team time trial. At the 2007 Tour de France , O'Grady fell badly on the descent from the Cormet de Roselend and suffered an injury to the lungs, several fractures of the ribs and vertebrae and a fracture of the shoulder blade.
One day after the end of the Tour de France 2013 , O'Grady announced the end of his sporting career.
- Overall Tour Down Under
- Team time trial Vuelta a España
- Team time trial Tirreno – Adriatico
Placements in the Grand Tours
|Tour de France||109||54||94||DNF||54||77||90||61||77||91||DNF||109||124||149||78||97||161|
|Vuelta a España||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||DNF||-||65||-||-||DNF||DNF||93||-||-|
- 1996-1998: GAN
- 1998-2003: Crédit Agricole
- 2004–2005: Cofidis-Le Crédit par Téléphone
- 2006–2010: Team Saxo Bank
- 2011 Leopard Trek
- 2012–2013 Orica GreenEdge
- Stuart O'Grady in the Radsportseiten.net database
- Stuart O'Grady in the Tour de France database(French / English )
- Stuart O'Grady in the Sports-Reference database (English; archived from the original )
- O'Grady seriously injured. In: radsport-news.com , July 15, 2007
- O'Grady triumphs in Roubaix. In: radsport-news.com , April 15, 2007
- Stuart O'Grady Announces Retirement. In: greenedgecycling.com , accessed April 23, 2014
- O'Grady admits EPO use ahead of 1998 Tour de France. In: cyclingnews.com , July 24, 2013
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||O'Grady, Stuart Peter (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Australian cyclist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 6, 1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Adelaide , Australia|