|coat of arms||Germany map|
|State :||Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania|
|County :||Mecklenburg Lake District|
|Office :||Demmin country|
|Height :||29 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||25.87 km 2|
|Residents:||458 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||18 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||17111|
|Area code :||039993|
|License plate :||MSE, AT, DM, MC, MST, MÜR, NZ, RM, WRN|
|Community key :||13 0 71 148|
|Community structure:||5 districts|
|Office administration address:||Goethestrasse 43
|Mayoress :||Gisela Schönbeck|
|Location of the municipality Utzedel in the Mecklenburg Lake District|
Utzedel is a municipality in the north of the Mecklenburg Lake District . The community is located southeast of Demmin . It belongs to the Demmin-Land office , which has its administrative headquarters in Demmin.
- in the north: Siedenbrünzow
- in the east: Kruckow , Alt Tellin
- in the south: Hohenmocker
- in the west: Demmin , Beggerow
The estate had been in the possession of the von Maltzahn family since 1500 , together with the Dorotheenhof and Karolinenberg works that were later built nearby . These properties were leased from the Walsleben family for a long time . In 1737 the cavalry master Gustav Adolf von Maltzahn and the chief steward Carl Friedrich von Maltzahn released these goods from the tenants, which remained under the direct management of the Maltzahns until 1930. The ruin of the manor house dates from around 1800.
The von Walsleben family owned the estate until 1756 . The Holleben and the Bolten followed until the von Heyden family acquired the estate through Wichard Wilhelm von Heyden in 1825. The manor park was designed by Peter Joseph Lenné in the mid-19th century. In 1945 Bogislaw von Heyden was the last owner of the 400 hectare estate. His son-in-law Carl Christian Hesse bought the estate back after 1990.
The modern fuel and lubricant depot of the National People's Army , built in 1970, was the largest depot in the GDR and is now the Bundeswehr's fuel depot.
Leistenow was first mentioned in a document in 1291. The simple church in Leistenow dates from around 1700.
Roidin (spelling up to the 10th century: Reudin ) already had a church in the Middle Ages. In 1669 a new half-timbered church was built, which had to be demolished. The neo-Gothic church of Roidin was consecrated in 1874. The landowner was u. a. the von Maltzahn family . The unrenovated manor house dates from around 1860.
Leistenow has belonged to Utzedel since September 13, 1973. On June 1, 2004 Teusin was incorporated.
Coat of arms, flag, official seal
The municipality has no officially approved national emblem, neither a coat of arms nor a flag . The official seal is the small state seal with the coat of arms of the region of Western Pomerania . It shows an upright griffin with a raised tail and the inscription "GEMEINDE UTZEDEL * LANDKREIS MECKLENBURGISCHE SEENPLATTE".
- Ruins of the Utzedel manor from around 1800 with vaults and overgrown garden
- Field stone church Utzedel from the middle of the 13th century
- Slavic ramparts on the Carolinenberg in Utzedel
- Leistenow Church : Simple plastered building from the second half of the 17th century. The furnishings date from the middle of the 18th century. The altar shows paintings of the crucifixion, the Last Supper and the coats of arms of the von Walsleben and von Borcke families .
- Leistenow manor from 1842 with manor park, designed by Lenné
- Roidin Church : neo-Gothic stone church from the 19th century
- Roidin watermill: Built in the 16th century, in ruins, with a Francis turbine from the 20th century, reconstruction planned
- Foundling Davids-Stein : second largest boulder in the Mecklenburg Lake District
- 129 meter high telecommunication tower of BWI Informationstechnik made of reinforced concrete on the premises of the fuel depot of the Bundeswehr. (Coordinates: )
Economy and Transport
The community is mainly characterized by agriculture .
The district of Utzedel, which is located in the north of the municipal territory, is directly on Landstrasse 271. There is a stop on the Stralsund – Neubrandenburg – Berlin railway line , which is served every hour. At Utzedel station, a track branches off to the Bundeswehr fuel depot, which is still in use.
The Bundeswehr maintains a warehouse for fuels and lubricants with around ten million liters of kerosene and diesel fuel on the grounds of the Bundeswehr Depot East. The depot has existed since 1972 and was used by the National People's Army (NVA) until 1990 .
- Dieter Heuer (born August 8, 1942), former German wrestler
- Heinrich Berghaus : Land book of the Duchy of Pomerania and the Principality of Rügen , Part II - Volume I., The districts of Demmin, Anklam, Usedom-Wollin and Ückermünde, Anklam 1868. (digitized version available)
- Literature about Utzedel in the state bibliography MV
- Places in MV: Leistenow
- Places in MV: Roidin
- Places in MV: Utzedel
- Utzedel fuel depot
- Statistisches Amt MV - population status of the districts, offices and municipalities 2019 (XLS file) (official population figures in the update of the 2011 census) ( help ).
- Hubertus Neuschäffer: Western Pomerania's castles and mansions . Husum Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft 1993, p. 114, ISBN 3-88042-636-8
- Federal Statistical Office (Ed.): Municipalities 1994 and their changes since 01.01.1948 in the new federal states . Metzler-Poeschel, Stuttgart 1995, ISBN 3-8246-0321-7 .
- StBA: Changes in the municipalities in Germany, see 2004
- Main Statute, Section 1, Paragraph 2 (PDF).
- Monuments : We got something rolling here , issue 1/2020, p. 12
- Rescue for the Roidin watermill on NDR.de from September 26, 2019.