|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Office :||Hüttener Mountains|
|Height :||12 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||4.3 km 2|
|Residents:||215 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||50 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||24361|
|Area code :||04356|
|License plate :||RD, ECK|
|Community key :||01 0 58 088|
|Office administration address:||Mühlenstrasse 8
24361 Groß Wittensee
|Mayor :||Jürgen Schröder (KWG)|
|Location of the municipality of Klein Wittensee in the Rendsburg-Eckernförde district|
Geography and traffic
Klein Wittensee is located on the edge of the Hüttener Mountains about 10 km northeast of Rendsburg on the northeast bank of the Wittensee near the federal highway 203 from Rendsburg to Eckernförde . The A 7 / E 45 runs to the west from Rendsburg to Schleswig . The next train stations are in Rendsburg and Eckernförde and can be reached by bus.
The Wählergemeinschaft KWG since the local elections of 2003, all nine seats in the municipal council.
After the 2018 election, Jürgen Schröder replaced the previous mayor, Volker Bielfeld. His predecessor was Hans-Claus Schnack, who held the office from 1994 to 2013.
The community is predominantly agricultural. However, tourism is becoming increasingly important.
Deployment port See Klein Wittensee
Before the Second World War, there was an Air Force base on the banks of the Wittensee . It was a sea aerodrome classified as “ Einsatzhafen See” . Until the end of the war, the area served as a branch of the Aircraft Office See Pötenitz .
After the war, the airfield was converted into a mobilization base, which was included in a 1974 job creation program. It housed material from the staff and the staff company of the Pioneer Regiment 60, the Telecommunication Company 600, the Jäger Battalion 611, the military hospital 6146 and the Heavy Engineer Regiment 710 .
On the approximately 37 hectare property, which borders about 150 meters directly on the lake shore, there were, among other things, two warehouses, a guard building with bedrooms and a two-family house. After the liquidation of the base, which was announced in 2001, the area was acquired by the municipality. By 2017, a new building area was developed and built on the site and a new public bathing area was built on the lake.
- North Statistics Office - Population of the municipalities in Schleswig-Holstein 4th quarter 2019 (XLSX file) (update based on the 2011 census) ( help on this ).
- Klein Wittensee municipal council. In: amt-huettener-berge.de. Accessed January 30, 2019 .
- Helma Piper: Jürgen Schröder new head of the community. In: shz.de. June 13, 2018, accessed July 21, 2020 .
- Iris Jaeger: A pioneer says goodbye. After 19 years as mayor in Klein Wittensee, Hans-Claus Schnack is not standing for election again. In: shz.de. May 7, 2013, accessed July 4, 2020 .
- Jürgen Zapf: Luftwaffe airfields 1934-1945 and what was left of them. Volume 6, Schleswig-Holstein & Hamburg. 2007, accessed July 23, 2017 .
- "Haus am See", headquarters of the former E-Hafen See Klein Wittensee. In: geschichtsspuren.de. March 13, 2012. Retrieved July 23, 2017 .
- Special program for regional and local support for employment in accordance with Section 6 (2) StWG. (PDF) German Bundestag, 7th electoral term, printed matter 7/2589. German Bundestag, October 4, 1974, p. 25 , accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- Erich Schmidt-Eenboom: List of locations from the Militarization Atlas of the Federal Republic (1986, 1988). (PDF) Research Institute for Peace Research, October 4, 1974, p. 216 , accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- Jürgen Dreifke: Supply units of the army. May 2006, pp. 24 and 34 , accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- Location closings at the Bundeswehr. n-tv.de, January 29, 2001, accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- Sönke Rother: Community secures "cream piece". In: Eckernförder Zeitung. shz.de, February 16, 2010, accessed on July 23, 2017 .
- Achim Messerschmidt: Pack your swimming trunks ... New swimming area in Klein Wittensee. In: Eckernförder Zeitung. shz.de, July 18, 2017, accessed on July 23, 2017 .