Calendar overview 1802
|Schinderhannes is arrested and in Frankfurt brought before the investigating judge.||
founds the Legion of Honor .
|Helvetic Republic there is a plug-in war .|
|1802 in other calendars|
|Armenian calendar||1250/51 (turn of the year July)|
|Ethiopian calendar||1794/95 (September 10-11)|
|Bengali solar calendar||1208/09 (beginning of April 14th or 15th)|
|Buddhist calendar||2345/46 (southern Buddhism); 2344/45 (alternative calculation according to Buddhas Parinirvana )|
|Chinese calendar||74th (75th) cycle|
|Chula Sakarat (Siam, Myanmar) / Dai calendar (Vietnam)||1164/65 (turn of the year April)|
|Dangun era (Korea)||4135/36 (October 2-3)|
|French revolutionary calendar||Year X./XI. of the Republic (September 21/22)|
|Islamic calendar||1216/17 (turn of the year 3rd / 4th May)|
|Jewish calendar||5562/63 (September 26-27)|
|Coptic calendar||1518/19 (10/11 September)|
|Seleucid era||Babylon: 2112/13 (turn of the year April)
Syria: 2113/14 (turn of the year October)
|Vikram Sambat (Nepalese Calendar)||1858/59 (April)|
Politics and world events
- January 26th : The Cisalpine Republic is renamed the Italian Republic and elects Napoleon Bonaparte as its President.
- The " Bourla-Papey " (paper burners) rise up in Vaud against the collection of feudal taxes, which have actually been abolished in the Helvetic Republic . Between February and May, around two to three thousand Vaudois farmers destroy the files of numerous former feudal lords who claim basic and land rights. The archives of 132 municipalities in Vaud, a little more than a third of all municipalities, also fell victim to the flames. On May 8, the insurgents, led by the Jacobin and recruiting officer Louis Reymond , occupy the canton capital of Lausanne , only to withdraw on May 11 against the promise of an amnesty . Nevertheless, a special court imposed several death and prison sentences in June , which the Helvetic government, through the intercession of Henri Monod and under the pressure of the plug-in liqueur war, waived all of them until October 15th .
- March 27 : The Amiens Peace ends the Second War of Coalition between France and Great Britain .
- May 20 : In the Paris Treaty with France , Württemberg receives area increases on the right bank of the Rhine through spiritual territories and mediatized imperial cities for the loss of its areas on the left bank of the Rhine .
- May 20 : Napoleon Bonaparte allows slavery (abolished in 1794) in French colonies again.
- May 23 : France recognizes the Prussian claims in northwest Germany in an agreement . a. to the territories of the principal dioceses of Hildesheim , Münster and Paderborn , as compensation for the ceded areas on the left bank of the Rhine.
- June 14th : Johannes Bückler , known as Schinderhannes, stands before the investigative court in Frankfurt am Main .
- August 2nd : In a referendum , Napoleon Bonaparte is elected consul for life. Three million French people who vote vote “Yes”, 1,600 “No”.
- August 24 : Since the Peace of Luneville contains open points of detail, occurs in Regensburg an extraordinary Reichsdeputationshauptschluss together. It is necessary to regulate the effects of the cession of areas on the left bank of the Rhine to France. The deliberations culminate in the Reichsdeputationshauptschluss in 1803 .
- August to October: The Stecklikkrieg leads to the collapse of the Helvetic Republic, whereupon France intervenes again in Switzerland .
- September 6th : Bavarian soldiers march into Bamberg , the residential city of the Bamberg monastery .
- September 11th : France annexes the Subalpine Republic .
- November 29th : After the annexation of the bishopric of Bamberg by Bavarian troops , Prince-Bishop Christoph Franz von Buseck resigns from his rule and releases officials and subjects from their oaths.
- December 10th : The Helvetische Consulta starts its work.
- December 26th : In the Treaty of Paris , France and the German Emperor Franz II agree specifically on territorial compensation planned in the Treaty of Lunéville . In it, among other things, the brother of the emperor, Grand Duke Ferdinand III. of Tuscany , to compensate for the lost Grand Duchy of Tuscany left the previous archbishopric as the future Electorate of Salzburg .
- January 29 : More than 40,000 French, led by General Charles Victoire Emmanuel Leclerc , the brother-in-law of Napoleon Bonaparte, land in Saint-Domingue , today's Haiti , after the ex-slave Toussaint Louverture , who rose to governor, unauthorized the Spanish- administered neighboring colony last year Conquered Santo Domingo and abolished slavery in both colonies.
United States of America
- June 1 : With Gia Long , the Nguyễn dynasty comes to power in Vietnam .
- October 25th : In the battle of Pune the army of Holkar wins with European help against the united army of the Indian Maratha .
- End of December: The British East India Company signs the Treaty of Bassein with Peshwa Baji Rao II , which breaks the supremacy of the Marathas in India .
- March 24th : Richard Trevithick receives a patent for the high-pressure steam engine he developed .
- July 19 : The French chemist Eleuthère Irénée du Pont founds the DuPont company in the United States .
- July to October: The Ticknall Tramway in Derbyshire opens.
- The first factory in Switzerland is opened in Winterthur-Wülflingen , the Hard spinning mill .
- The Edinburgh Review magazine appears for the first time.
science and technology
- March 28 : Heinrich Wilhelm Olbers discovers the asteroid (2) Pallas .
- March: Franz Carl Achard succeeds in producing sugar from sugar beet in an industrial process for the first time .
- June 23 : The German naturalist Alexander von Humboldt climbs together with the French botanist Aimé Jacques Alexandre Bonpland in South America the 6267 meter high Chimborazo up to a height of 5749 meters. Humboldt then describes the symptoms of altitude sickness for the first time .
- November 9 : Alexander von Humboldt observes a Mercury transit in the Peruvian port city of Callao .
- September 4th : Georg Friedrich Grotefend presents his findings on deciphering cuneiform script in Göttingen .
- Joseph Louis Gay-Lussac publishes his law on perfect gases .
- William Hyde Wollaston discovered the absorption lines ( Fraunhofer lines ) in the solar spectrum independently of Joseph von Fraunhofer .
- May 31 : The world premiere of the opera Le concert interrompu by Henri Montan Berton takes place at the Opéra-Comique in Paris.
- June 26th : The Goethe Theater in Bad Lauchstädt opens in the presence of the poet . Goethe's prelude What we bring and Mozart's opera La clemenza di Tito will be performed .
- September 8 : The Harmony Mass by Haydn is in the mountain church premiered to Eisenstadt. Its name comes from the large line-up of wind instruments ( harmony music ) for the time.
- The tailor Johann Christoph Winters founds the Hänneschen Theater in Cologne. The beginnings of this puppet theater are simple nativity plays for children, which are performed during Advent.
- May 4 : Gallehus' gold horns are stolen from the Royal Chamber of Art in Christiansborg , Denmark . Less than a year later, the goldsmith and watchmaker Niels Heidenreich confesses the act. He melted both pieces.
- May 19 : The Legion of Honor , France's highest order, is founded by the First Consul Napoleon Bonaparte.
- January 25th : The Bavarian Elector Maximilian IV. Joseph orders in a cabinet order the abolition of all non-class monasteries (ie above all the mendicant orders ) in Bavaria . This is how secularization begins in Bavaria .
- April 3rd / 8th : The Organic Articles of Napoleon put an end to the anti-clericalism of the revolutionary era in France.
- April 18 : On Easter Sunday, the solemn promulgation of the organic articles takes place in the Notre Dame de Paris cathedral . They complement the concordat concluded by France with the Vatican last year and provide it with a legal basis.
- April 30 : The dam of Puentes in Spain breaks and causes the greatest disaster in Spanish hydraulic engineering history with 608 deaths.
- January 4 : Paul de Noailles , French statesman and historian († 1885 )
- January 9 : Catharine Parr Traill , British-Canadian botanist and author († 1899 )
- January 10 : Carl Ritter von Ghega , Italian railway engineer († 1860 )
- January 13 : Eduard von Bauernfeld , Austrian comedy poet († 1890 )
- January 16 : Friedrich Julius Stahl , legal philosopher, lawyer, politician († 1861 )
- January 21 : Adolphe Monod , Swiss Reformed revival preacher († 1856 )
- January 25 : Johann Karl Erler the Younger , Protestant theologian († 1875 )
- January 27 : Arnold Duckwitz , German politician († 1881 )
- January 28 : Johann Nepomuk Amberg , Austrian priest and politician († 1882 )
- January 31 : Nils Ericson , Swedish engineer († 1870 )
- February 1 : William Medill , American politician († 1865 )
- February 6 : Charles Wheatstone , British physicist († 1875 )
- February 7 : Georg Egestorff , German industrialist († 1868 )
- February 7th : Johann Nepomuk Vogl , Austrian writer († 1866 )
- February 7 : Werner VIII von Alvensleben , Prussian lieutenant general († 1877 )
- February 9 : Étienne Arago , French writer († 1892 )
- February 9 : Josef František Hunke , Bohemian composer († 1883 )
- February 10 : Ernst Helbig , resin painter and Wernigerode court painter († 1866 )
- February 10 : François Diday , Swiss painter († 1877 )
- February 11 : Lydia Maria Child , American writer and suffragette († 1880 )
- February 13 : Johann Wöbcken , German politician († 1878 )
- February 14 : Józef Bohdan Zaleski , Polish poet († 1886 )
- February 14 : John White , American politician († 1845 )
- February 16 : Carl Abraham Mankell , Swedish composer († 1868 )
- February 19 : Wilhelm Matthias Naeff , Swiss politician († 1881 )
- February 20 : Charles-Auguste de Bériot , Belgian musician and composer († 1870 )
- February 23 : Karl Eduard Arnd , German historian († 1874 )
- February 23 : Joseph Lebourgeois , French composer († 1824 )
- February 23 : Andreas Zelinka , Mayor of Vienna († 1868 )
- February 26 : Victor Hugo , French writer († 1885 )
- February 28 : Ernst Friedrich Zwirner , German master builder and architect († 1861 )
- March 2 : Simeon H. Anderson , American politician († 1840 )
- March 2 : Emil Wolff , German sculptor († 1879 )
- March 7th : Ludwig Halirsch , Austrian civil servant and poet († 1832 )
- March 9 : Carl Friedrich Koch , German physician and teacher († 1871 )
- March 11 : Heinrich Friedrich Philipp von Bockelberg , Prussian diplomat († 1857 )
- March 13 : Friedrich Georg von Bunge , legal historian († 1897 )
- March 18 : Alfred-Auguste Cuvillier-Fleury , French writer and journalist († 1887 )
- March 24 : Jacob van Lennep , Dutch writer († 1868 )
- March 27 : Christoph Eberhard Finckh , German classical philologist († 1869 )
- March 27 : Francesco Maria Travella , Swiss Roman Catholic clergyman and writer († 1854 )
- March 29 : Moritz Rugendas , painter († 1858 )
- March 30th : Rudolf Fürst Kinsky , Bohemian nobleman († 1836 )
- April 1 : Albert von Carlowitz , Saxon politician († 1874 )
- April 1 : Hubert Ries , violin player and composer († 1886 )
- April 3 : Ysaak Brons , member of the Frankfurt National Assembly († 1886 )
- April 4 : Dorothea Lynde Dix , American benefactress and reformer († 1887 )
- April 6 : Thomas Walker Gilmer , American politician († 1844 )
- April 9 : Elias Lönnrot , Finnish physician († 1884 )
- April 10 : Johann Peter Lange , German Protestant theologian († 1884 )
- April 14 : Hermann Franck , German writer, esthete and critic († 1855 )
- April 16 : François-Christophe-Edouard Kellermann , French statesman and diplomat († 1868 )
- April 17 : John Bullock Clark , American politician († 1885 )
- April 24th : Hans Nicolai Andreas Jensen , Schleswig-Holstein pastor and local researcher († 1850 )
- April 24th : Melchior Ulrich , Swiss alpinist and Reformed theologian († 1893 )
- April 25 : Victor Scheppers , Belgian priest and founder of the order († 1877 )
- April 26 : Gheorghe Bibescu , Prince of Wallachia († 1873 )
- Simon Joel Arnheim , German entrepreneur († 1875 ) April:
- May 2 : Heinrich Gustav Magnus , German physicist and chemist († 1870 )
- May 2 : Eduard Steinbrück , German painter († 1882 )
- May 6 : Charles Nicolas Aubé , French doctor and entomologist († 1869 )
- May 6 : Wilhelm Schirmer , German painter († 1866 )
- May 8 : Heinrich Friedrich Wilhelm Perizonius , German theologian († 1895 )
- May 10 : James Westcott , American politician († 1880 )
- May 12 : Jean Baptiste Henri Lacordaire , French Dominican, preacher and theologian († 1861 )
- May 16 : Gaetano Nava , Italian music teacher and composer († 1875 )
- May 22 : Heinrich Gustav Hotho , German philosopher and art historian († 1873 )
- May 22 : Louis Vivien de Saint-Martin , French geographer († 1897 )
- May 25 : Johann Friedrich von Brandt , German naturalist and zoologist († 1879 )
- May 29 : Heinrich Bürkel , German Biedermeier painter († 1869 )
- May 31 : Johann Ludwig Anderwert , Swiss politician († 1876 )
- May 31 : Ira Harris , American lawyer and politician († 1875 )
- June 1 : Charles Lenormant , French archaeologist and Egyptologist († 1859 )
- June 2 : August Wilhelm Bullrich , German pharmacist († 1859 )
- June 2 : Carl Hoffmann , German publisher, printer owner and bookseller († 1883 )
- June 6 : Heinrich Hermann von Arnim , manor owner, administrative officer and member of parliament († 1875 )
- June 10 : James W. Bradbury , American politician († 1901 )
- June 13 : Simon Karsten , Dutch classical philologist († 1864 )
- June 14 : Ludwig August von Autenrieth , Württemberg lawyer and politician († 1872 )
- June 17 : Hermann Mayer Salomon Goldschmidt , German-French astronomer and painter († 1866 )
- June 24th : Johann Friedrich Arndt , German Protestant theologian († 1881 )
- June 26 : Georg Prahl Harbitz , Norwegian pastor and President of the Storting († 1889 )
- June 30 : Benjamin Fitzpatrick , American politician († 1869 )
- July 2nd : Marianne Ruaux , Eimsbüttler landlord's daughter and landlady († 1882 )
- July 4th : Joseph Labitzky , Czech composer of dance music († 1881 )
- July 5 : Pawel Stepanowitsch Nachimow , Russian admiral († 1855 )
- July 6 : Émile Bienaimé , French composer († 1869 )
- July 10 : August Ludwig Reyscher , legal scholar, politician and Philhellene († 1880 )
- July 14 : Favell Lee Mortimer , English author of non-fiction books for children († 1878 )
- July 24 : Alexandre Dumas , French writer († 1870 )
- July 26 : Mariano Arista , Mexican President († 1855 )
- July 27 : Niels Peter Jensen , Danish composer and flute virtuoso († 1846 )
- August 1st : Karl Uschner , translator of ancient poems († 1876 )
- August 5 : Niels Henrik Abel , Norwegian mathematician († 1829 )
- August 7th : Germain Henri Hess , Swiss-Russian chemist († 1850 )
- August 8 : Wilhelm Wieprecht , German composer († 1872 )
- August 11 : Heinrich Robert Stöckhardt , lawyer († 1848 )
- August 13 : Nikolaus Lenau , Austrian writer († 1850 )
- August 14 : Fabio Maria Asquini , Italian Curia Cardinal († 1878)
- August 16 : Isaac Adams , American inventor († 1883 )
- August 16 : Moritz Wilhelm Drobisch , German mathematician and philosopher († 1896 )
- August 20 : Heinrich Bernhard von Andlaw-Birseck , Baden politician and ultramontanist († 1871 )
- August 20 : Friedrich Wilhelm I , last elector and landgrave of Hesse-Kassel († 1875 )
- August 21 : Joseph-Louis-Elzéar Ortolan , French lawyer and writer († 1873 )
- August 26 : Ludwig Schwanthaler , German sculptor († 1848 )
- August 28 : Karl Joseph Simrock , German poet and writer († 1876 )
- August 29 : Charles Texier , French traveler, architect and archaeologist († 1871 )
- August 31 : Karl Freiherr von Urban , Austrian Lieutenant Field Marshal († 1877 )
- September 5 : Gustav Anton Friedrich Langerfeldt , Braunschweig lawyer and politician († 1883 )
- September 13 : Arnold Ruge , German writer († 1880 )
- September 19 : Lajos Kossuth , Hungarian lawyer, politician and freedom fighter († 1894 )
- September 21 : Austin King , American politician († 1870 )
- September 23 : Carl Hasenpflug , German painter († 1858 )
- September 24 : Étienne Jules Adolphe Desmier de Saint-Simon, Viscount d'Archiac , French geologist and paleontologist († 1868 )
- September 30th : Antoine-Jérôme Balard , French chemist († 1876 )
- October 3 : George Ripley , American writer († 1880 )
- October 4 : Adolphe Niel , French general, Marshal of France († 1869 )
- October 7 : Magnus Brostrup Landstad , Norwegian pastor and poet († 1880 )
- October 8 : Franz Winiewski , German classical philologist († 1874 )
- October 10 : Georg Wilhelm von Viebahn , Prussian civil servant and statistician († 1871 )
- October 10 : Napoléon Charles Bonaparte , son of Louis Bonaparte and Hortense de Beauharnais († 1807 )
- October 11 : August Kiß , German sculptor († 1865 )
- October 12 : Hermann Anschütz , German painter († 1880 )
- October 15 : Louis-Eugène Cavaignac , French Prime Minister of the Second Republic († 1857 )
- October 18 : Joseph Russegger , Austrian geologist († 1863 )
- October 20 : Ernst Wilhelm Hengstenberg , German Protestant theologian († 1869 )
- October 25 : Richard Parkes Bonington , English painter († 1828 )
- October 26th Michael I , King of Portugal († 1866 )
- October 31 : Benoît Fourneyron , French engineer († 1867 )
- November 4 : Rosina Bulwer-Lytton , English writer and feminist († 1882 )
- November 5 : Julius von Kirchmann , German lawyer († 1884 )
- November 8 : Theodor Mügge , German writer († 1861 )
- November 14 : August Friedrich Pott , German linguist († 1887 )
- November 15 : Georg Aenotheus Koch , German classical philologist and lexicographer († 1879 )
- November 19 : Solomon Foot , American politician († 1866 )
- November 19 : Barnas Sears , Baptist theologian († 1880 )
- November 20 : Wilhelm von Kügelgen , German painter and writer († 1867 )
- November 22 : Ferdinand Deycks , German classical philologist († 1867 )
- November 26th : Johann Schön , Austrian lawyer, political scientist and writer († 1839 )
- November 26th : Anton Schrötter von Kristelli , Austrian chemist and mineralogist († 1875 )
- November 28 : Johann Peter Romang , Swiss Protestant clergyman, theologian and university professor († 1875 )
- November 29 : Wilhelm Hauff , German writer and storyteller († 1827 )
- November 29 : Franz Stelzhamer , Austrian poet and novelist († 1874 )
- December 3 : Michael Seymour , British naval officer and admiral († 1887 )
- December 8 : William Bebb , American politician († 1873 )
- December 15 : János Bolyai , Hungarian mathematician († 1860 )
- December 18 : Karl Eduard Vehse , German historian († 1870 )
- December 19 : John Ella , English violinist, music writer and concert organizer († 1888 )
- December 22 : Sara Coleridge , English writer and translator († 1852 )
- December 22nd : Wilhelm Reuling , German composer and conductor († 1877 )
- December 27 : Gerardus Johannes Mulder , Dutch physician, pharmacologist, chemist and is considered to be the discoverer of protein († 1880 )
- December 28 : Henry Gray , British colonial politician and statesman († 1894 )
Exact date of birth unknown
- George Philip Reinagle , English marine painter († 1835 )
- Donaciano Vigil , American politician († 1877 )
- James S. Calhoun , American politician († 1852 )
First half of the year
- January 9 : Julius Hieronymus Zollikofer , Mayor of St. Gallen (Switzerland) (* 1713 )
- January 15 : Ernst Wilhelm Benjamin von Korckwitz , Prussian civil servant (* 1744 )
- January 27 : Johann Rudolf Zumsteeg , German composer and Kapellmeister (* 1760 )
- February 8 : Johann Georg Wieland , German plasterer and classicist sculptor (* 1742 )
- February 25 : Charles O'Hara , British officer (* 1740 )
- March 7th : Franz Josef Gassmann , Swiss printer and dealer, newspaper founder and editor (* 1755 )
- April 3 : Georg Friedrich Kordenbusch von Buschenau , German medic and astronomer (* 1731 )
- April 13 : Johann Joseph Imhoff , German sculptor (* 1739 )
- April 18 : Erasmus Darwin , British poet, scientist and doctor (* 1731 )
- April 28 : Richard Howell (Governor) , American politician (* 1754 )
- April 28th : Jean Antoine Rossignol , general during the French Revolution (* 1759 )
- May 11 : Jehu Davis , American politician (* 1738 )
- May 15 : Lebrecht Bachenschwanz , German general, writer and translator (* 1729 )
- May 15 : Friedrich Anton von Heynitz , physicist (* 1725 )
- May 23 : Ercole del Rio , Italian chess player (* 1723 or 1726 )
- June 3 : Joseph Adam von Arco , auxiliary bishop, bishop and prince-bishop (* 1733 )
- June 5 : Johann Christian Gottlieb Ernesti , German classical scholar (* 1756 )
- June 22nd : Susette Gontard , lover of the poet Friedrich Hölderlin (* 1769 )
- June 24th : Johann Friedrich Esaias Steffens , German Protestant theologian (* 1716 )
- June 26 : Friedrich Christian Lorenz Schweigger , German Protestant theologian (* 1743 )
- June 28 : Johann Jakob Engel , German writer (* 1741 )
- June 30th : Gaetano Gandolfi , Italian painter and engraver (* 1734 )
Second half of the year
- July 6 : Daniel Morgan , American pioneer and officer (* 1736 )
- July 10 : Gregers Kristian von Haxthausen , Danish nobleman and minister (* 1732 )
- July 12 : Johan Heinrich Knuth , Danish nobleman (* 1746 )
- July 15 : Louis-Marie Stanislas Fréron , French politician (* 1754 )
- July 23 : Maria del Pilar Teresa Cayetana de Silva y Álvarez de Toledo , Duchess of Alba (* 1762 )
- July 25th : Friedrich Karl Joseph von Erthal , Archbishop of Mainz (* 1719 )
- July 28 : Giuseppe Sarti , Italian composer (* 1729 )
- July 30th : Franciscus Kareu , Order General (* 1731 )
- August 3 : Heinrich of Prussia , son of King Friedrich Wilhelm I and Sophie Dorothea of Hanover (* 1726 )
- August 15 : Karagoromo Kisshū , Japanese poet (* 1743 )
- August 22nd : Franz Ulrich Theodor Aepinus , German astronomer, mathematician, physicist and natural philosopher (* 1724 )
- August 23 : Corona Schröter , singer and actress (* 1751 )
- August 26th : Albrecht von Anhalt , Prussian major general (* 1735 )
- August 28 : Ernst Anton Nicolai , German physician (* 1722 )
- September 17th : Richard Owen Cambridge , English poet, landowner and historian (* 1717 )
- September 20 : Johann Georg Schulthess , Swiss Reformed theologian (* 1758 )
- September 24th : Alexander Radishchev , Russian philosopher and revolutionary (* 1749 )
- September 26 : Jurij Vega , Slovenian mathematician (* 1754 )
- September 29th : August Batsch , German botanist (* 1761 )
- October 22 : Samuel Arnold , English composer (* 1740 )
- October 22 : Madeleine-Sophie Arnould , French actress, singer and salonière (* 1744 )
- October 24th : Ludovico Manin , last Doge of Venice (* 1726 )
- October 26 : John E. Colhoun , American politician (* 1749 )
- October 29 : Charles Alexandre de Calonne , French statesman (* 1734 )
- November 2 : Charles Leclerc d'Ostin , French general (* 1772 )
- November 7th : Franz Ludwig Pfyffer , Swiss politician and cartographer (* 1716 )
- November 14 : Heinrich Friedrich Innocentius Apel , Saxon lawyer and politician (* 1732 )
- November 15 : George Romney , British painter (* 1734 )
- November 16 : André Michaux , French botanist and explorer (* 1746 )
- November 17 : Johann Uphagen , German shipowner, merchant and bibliophile collector (* 1731 )
- November 27 : John Baptista Ashe , American politician (* 1748)
- December 5 : Lemuel Francis Abbott , English portrait painter (* 1760 or 1761 )
- December 17th : Johannes Wiedewelt , Danish sculptor (* 1731 )
- December 20 : Carl Gottlob Beck , printer, bookseller (* 1733 )
- December 27 : Johann Gottfried Brügelmann , German entrepreneur (* 1750 )
- December 27 : Johann Joachim Busch , German architect and sculptor (* 1720 )
- December 27 : Jens Juel , Danish painter (* 1745 )
Exact date of death unknown
- Nicolás Antonio de Arredondo , Spanish officer, colonial administrator and viceroy of the Río de la Plata (* 1726 )
- John Hunter , American politician (* 1732 )