|coat of arms||Germany map|
|Association municipality :||Selters (Westerwald)|
|Height :||269 m above sea level NHN|
|Area :||3.86 km 2|
|Residents:||532 (Dec. 31, 2019)|
|Population density :||138 inhabitants per km 2|
|Postal code :||56242|
|Area code :||02626|
|License plate :||WW|
|Community key :||07 1 43 056|
|Association administration address:||Am Saynbach 5–7
56242 Selters (Westerwald)
|Local Mayor :||Dominik John|
|Location of the local community Nordhofen in the Westerwaldkreis|
The community is located on the section of the Unterwesterwaldbahn Siershahn - Altenkirchen (or the Engers-Au railway ), which has now been closed for passenger traffic, in the middle of a mountainous landscape wooded with beech and spruce trees. The Kleine Saynbach flows through the southern municipality .
The Mausmühle and Waldklause residential areas also belong to Nordhofen .
The place was first mentioned in a document in 1259. In 1357 Emperor Karl IV granted Count Wilhelm von Wied in Maastricht the right to develop Nordhofen into a town. He was given the right "to understand and make the village and its concept with ditches, walls, towers, bay windows, gates and whatever else he can and may like, stone, cut and turn into a brick place without hindering and contradicting anyone" . Due to the lack of natural conditions for a city layout, Nordhofen could not develop properly. The city rights remained unused. In 1653 it transferred to Emperor Ferdinand III. at the request of the then Count Friedrich III. from Wied to the more conveniently located new settlement Neuwied .
Dominik John became local mayor of Nordhofen on March 6, 2020. Since there were no applicants for the direct election on May 26, 2019, the election was carried out by the council in accordance with the municipal regulations.
John's predecessor Helmut Zender, who took over the task in autumn 2014, - as previously announced - did not run again in the 2019 local elections and held the office until September 2019. Until the election of John, the First Alderman Henning Stumpf led the official business on a transitional basis.
coat of arms
Blazon : "In gold, four red diagonal bars covered with a seated, wheeling, red-crowned and gold-armored blue peacock with golden feather eyes."
Economy and Infrastructure
- The next motorway junction is Ransbach-Baumbach on federal motorway 3 .
- The closest ICE stop is Montabaur train station on the Cologne – Rhein / Main high-speed line .
- Nordhofen is on the Engers – Au railway line (remnants of the former stop are still there, the line is only used for freight traffic).
In the last few decades a lively club life had developed, but it is currently regressing again. There were four local associations: volunteer fire brigade, Harmonie Nordhofen e. V., Spiel- und Sportverein (SSV) as well as the fruit and horticultural association , of which currently (as of May 19, 2015) only the volunteer fire brigade, play and sports association and the fruit and horticultural association still exist.
Daughters and sons of Nordhofen
- Gisela Neubauer (* 1937), politician (CDU)
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate - population status 2019, districts, communities, association communities ( help on this ).
- Hermann-Josef Hucke: Place names in the Westerwaldkreis in their dialect pronunciation as well as Ortneckereien ( Memento from January 9, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) , 2010, page 17 (PDF; 132 kB)
- State Statistical Office Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.): Official directory of the municipalities and parts of the municipality. Status: January 2019 [ Version 2020 is available. ] . S. 79 (PDF; 3 MB).
- The Regional Officer Rhineland-Palatinate: Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections
- Henning Stumpf: Meeting of the local council in Nordhofen. Invitation March 6, 2020. In: Our community of Selters / Ww., Heimat- und Bürgerzeitung, edition 9/2020. Linus Wittich Medien GmbH, accessed on June 11, 2020 .
- Katrin Maue-Klaeser: After a long hangover : Dominik John is Nordhofen’s new mayor. Westerwälder Zeitung, March 8, 2020, accessed on June 11, 2020 .
- The Regional Officer of Rhineland-Palatinate: direct elections 2019. see Selters / Ww., Verbandsgemeinde, eleventh line of results. Retrieved June 11, 2020 .
- Blick Aktuell: Thanks to Helmut Zender. Krupp Verlags GmbH, Sinzig, October 14, 2019, accessed on June 11, 2020 .