City of Wipperfürth
|Height :||321 m above sea level NN|
|Postal code :||51688|
|Area code :||02267|
Location of Sonnenberg in Wipperfürth
Location and description
The place is located in the south of the city of Wipperfürth on Landesstrasse 284. The Roppersthaler Bach rises around 150 meters southeast of the village . Neighboring towns are Wegerhof , Roppersthal , Kleinscherkenbach and Bommerhaus .
Politically, Sonnenberg is represented in the council of the city of Wipperfürth by the direct candidate from electoral district 7.2 (072) south-eastern urban area.
In 1548 the place is mentioned for the first time under the name “tho dem Sonnenberch” in the lists of the Bergisch tension and barge services. The topographical photograph of the Rhineland from 1825 shows two separate floor plans under the name “Sonnenberg” in the enclosed courtyard .
A sandstone crossroads in the local area dates from 1851 .
Sonnenberg is connected to local public transport via the Roppersthal stop on line 332 (VRS / OVAG) in the neighboring town.
- Topographical Information Management TIM-online, provided by the Cologne District Government
- River Area Geoinformation System (FluGGS). Wupperverband , accessed on December 21, 2017 .
- City of Wipperfürth, public announcement from June 2009; Allocation of the streets to the individual electoral districts
- Klaus Pampus; First documentary mention of Oberbergischer places
- Historika25, State Surveying Office NRW, sheet 4910, Lindlar
- Treasures by the wayside; Field crosses in Wipperfürth and its church villages; Home and History Association Wipperfürth e. V .; 2009; ISBN 978-3-00-029052-7
- Busnetz 2010, Oberbergischer Kreis, published by Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg GmbH