|Community association||Grenoble-Alpes metropolis|
|surface||6.4 km 2|
|Residents||6,596 (January 1, 2017)|
|Population density||1,031 inhabitants / km 2|
La Tronche hospital
La Tronche is a French municipality with 6596 inhabitants (at January 1, 2017) in the department of Isère in the region Auvergne Rhône-Alpes . It belongs to the Arrondissement of Grenoble and the Canton of Meylan . The inhabitants call themselves Tronchois or Tronchoises .
Geography, economy, infrastructure
The municipality is located in the metropolitan area northeast of Grenoble . Neighboring municipalities are Quaix-en-Chartreuse in the north, Corenc in the northeast, Meylan in the east, Saint-Martin-d'Hères in the southeast, Grenoble in the south and Saint-Martin-le-Vinoux in the west.
The Isère forms the border with Grenoble . The highest point in the municipality is the mountain peak of Mont Raichais at 1051 m. ü. M. Parts of the municipality are located in the Chartreuse Regional Nature Park .
Part of the Viognier grape variety, called Galopine here, is grown in La Tronche .
- Musée Hébert , art museum from the 18th century - Monument historique
- Michel Farinel (1649–1726), violinist and composer
- Ernest Hébert (1817–1908), painter
- Henri Metzger (1912–2007), classical archaeologist
- Louis Marin (1931–1992), philosopher, historian and art critic
- Adrien Douady (1935-2006), mathematician
- Ultra Violet (1935-2014), artist
- Christian Nicolau (* 1947), former athlete
- Michel Barnier (* 1951), politician
- Gilles Rozier (* 1963), writer and translator
- Olivier Faure (* 1968), politician (PS)
- Olivier Allamand (* 1969), freestyle skier
- Christophe Panzani (* 1975), jazz musician
- Grégory Lemarchal (1983-2007), pop singer
- Morgane Faure (* 1984), beach volleyball player
- Marina Makanza (* 1991), soccer player
- Yannis Dogo (* 1992), soccer player