|Bundesstrasse 517 in Germany|
|Operator:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Overall length:||26.4 km|
- Length: approx. 26.4 km
- Starting point: Kreuztal (middle)
- End point: Lennestadt
- Kreuztal (connection to federal highway 508 )
- Kirchhundem - Welschen Ennest
- Lennestadt -Altenhundem (connection to the federal highway 236 )
History / other
The federal highway 517 was established at the beginning of the 1970s.
At the beginning of 2009, the B 517 was extended by a six-kilometer section of the old B 54 between Kreuztal-Krombach and Kreuztal (center).
The junction with the B 236 in Altenhundem was completely rebuilt in 2011. The first turbo gyro in North Rhine-Westphalia was built there as a pilot test . The traffic will be opened in mid-December 2011.
In the 2003 Federal Transport Infrastructure Plan, two major construction measures were planned for the B 517:
- Bypass Italians Ennest (characterized simultaneous avoidance of the level crossing at the Ruhr-win path ).
- New construction of the federal road from Rahrbacher Höhe further over the ridge to Krombacher Höhe (thus direct connection to federal freeway 4 , federal road 54 and Hüttentalstrasse ). The section between Kreuztal-Krombach and Kreuztal (center), which was preserved at the beginning of 2009, was to be rededicated as a state road (L 729) when the new building measure was completed; the section Krombach-Littfeld-Rahrbacher Höhe even to the district road.
These measures are no longer listed in the newly presented Federal Transport Infrastructure Plan 2030 .
- derWesten.de: The "old" Bundesstrasse 54 no longer exists, March 3, 2009 and the official gazette for the Rge.Bez. Arnsberg, No. 51/2008, December 20, 2008 ( Memento from December 7, 2010 in the Internet Archive )