|Bundesstrasse 266 in Germany|
|Operator:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Overall length:||96 km|
The federal highway 266 (abbreviation: B 266 ) leads from the B 399 in Simmerath - Lammersdorf not far from the Belgian border through the Eifel and via Euskirchen and Rheinbach into the lower Ahr valley near Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler and finally to Linz am Rhein .
Between Rheinbach and Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler, the B 266 was replaced by the A 61 and A 573 federal motorways . The section between the Remagen district of Kripp and Linz am Rhein is a ferry connection across the Rhine .
Expansion / planning
In the western section, a bypass for Simmerath- Kesternich is currently planned.
A bypass was built in Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler (Heerstraße). It will be continued at the beginning of Heerstraße from the Heimersheim district of the already existing bypass and then integrated into the A 573 at the existing triangle. This results in a connection between the A 571 and A 573. Construction began in March 2009, completion and traffic opening was on October 12, 2018 after several delays.
Furthermore, the further construction from the triangle near Ehlingen, which has already been completed in the earthworks, with a new Ahr crossing as a single-lane connection to the old federal road west of Bad Bodendorf is classified as an urgent requirement of the federal traffic route plan. The extension of this planned Ahr crossing to four lanes, the subsequent four-lane Bad Bodendorf bypass and a new one-lane, southern bypass of Kripp, including the Rhine crossing by means of a bridge, are classified as further requirements (in some cases with planning rights).
- Newspaper article about the Kesternich bypass accessed in the Aachener Zeitung on January 26, 2011
- B 266 Bad Neuenahr bypass. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on October 15, 2018 ; accessed on December 17, 2017 .
- In autumn 2016 the traffic rolls , General-Anzeiger , April 15, 2015
- Bypass is being extended , General-Anzeiger , January 13, 2016
- bridge that has never been used must be renovated , General-Anzeiger , December 28, 2016
- Inauguration on the B266: The new Bad Neuenahr bypass has been opened , General-Anzeiger , October 12, 2018