|Bundesstrasse 293 in Germany|
|Operator:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Start of the street:||
|End of street:||
|Overall length:||61 km|
- B 27 Mosbach - Stuttgart in Heilbronn ; from there to the B 39 Sinsheim - Mainhardt
- L 1100 ( Neckartalstrasse ) in Heilbronn; from there to the A 6 Mannheim - Nuremberg
- K 4177 Sinsheim– Bietigheim-Bissingen at the Eppingen junction
- B 35 Germersheim - Knittlingen at the Bretten junction
- B 294 Bretten– Freiburg at the Bretten junction
- B 10 Landau in der Pfalz - Ulm at the junction Pfinztal
The section between Bretten and Pfinztal is heavily used by trucks. In April 2005, a total of 13,000 trucks ran in Pfinztal, 1,200 trucks every day and 20 trucks an hour at night.
Construction of bypasses
As a bypass, the federal road leads north past Schwaigern and Leingarten.
The Wössingen bypass was completed in 1978, followed by the bypass for Flehingen in 1984 and the bypass for Zaisenhausen in 1989. The road between these two locations was completely relocated to a new route that runs parallel to the Kraichgau Railway.
Since 1996 the federal highway has been led in a large arc north of the city of Eppingen. The northern bypass of Bretten-Gölshausen was implemented in 2003 as the last bypass to date.
Bypass Jöhlingen and Berghausen
For a long time, the B 293 should run from Walzbachtal -Wössingen over the Wöschbacher Tal and, together with the B 10 in the Hopfenberg tunnel, pass Pfinztal- Berghausen, thereby relieving the traffic through Walzbachtal-Jöhlingen and Berghausen. In December 2004, the ongoing planning approval procedure was canceled after the planned “Wöschbacher Tal-Trasse” had been declared inadmissible. As a result, the planning of a route through the “Jöhlinger Tal” had to be resumed, which bypasses Jöhlingen to the east and meets the B 10 within Berghausen before the exit to Karlsruhe- Grötzingen . In the Federal Transport Infrastructure Plan of 2003, this investment is classified as “Additional requirements with planning rights”. The procedures of B 293 and B 10 (Hopfenberg tunnel) were separated. The realization of a tunnel is expensive, controversial and therefore not foreseeable. The feasibility study for the definition of a route corridor was carried out in mid-2005. The planning documents should be completed by 2015. When registering for the Federal Transport Infrastructure Plan 2030 of the state of Baden-Württemberg, the Berghausen bypass was reported with a high priority, but the Jöhlingen bypass with a low priority. The plan approval procedure for both bypasses should be initiated in 2020.
Second road bridge over the Rhine near Karlsruhe
The planning of the second road bridge over the Rhine near Karlsruhe is named “B 293” in the 2015 Federal Transport Infrastructure Plan, while the plan approval procedure is called “B 10”.
- Data from a traffic measurement on the website of the Pfinztal municipality (PDF) ( Memento from September 27, 2007 in the Internet Archive )
- Neverending Story: The Berghausen bypass
- Meeting of the municipal council on March 16, 2006. (pdf, 36 kB) (No longer available online.) Walzbachtal community, pp. 3–9 , formerly in the original ; Retrieved July 4, 2016 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives )
- Prioritized list of registrations for the Federal Transport Plan 2015, status: November 2013 ( Memento of the original dated November 29, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Berghausen bypass on the website of the Karlsruhe Regional Council , accessed on June 6, 2020.
- Jöhlingen bypass on the website of the Karlsruhe Regional Council , accessed on June 6, 2020.
- List of projects on the street as of 09/05/2014 ( memento of the original from September 23, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Planning approval documents