|Bundesstrasse 464 in Germany|
|Operator:||Federal Republic of Germany|
|Overall length:||approx. 43 km|
|B 464 near Böblingen|
The federal highway 464 (abbreviation: B 464 ) is located in Baden-Württemberg , Germany , and so far runs in two unconnected sections through the districts of Böblingen , Tübingen and Reutlingen . The Federal Ministry of Transport is planning an extension in a north-westerly direction to the federal motorway 8 near Leonberg , for which the AS Renningen-Süd of the B 295 , which has already been expanded to four lanes, has to be expanded without a plan.
Vicinal and State Road
The road from Böblingen via Holzgerlingen to Tübingen was built in 1808–1823 as Vicinalstrasse . In 1861 it was included in the circle of state roads and henceforth referred to as Württemberg State Road No. 84 .
Original B 464 and A 833
Originally the road only ran from the Kälberstelle, an intersection of the old route of the B 27 (now officially Landesstraße 1208) and the B 464, to the B 14 to Böblingen, located in Schönbuch south of Weil im Schönbuch . It has been extended in recent years after the Böblingen bypass was inaugurated in 2002 and the A 833 built in the 1970s was rededicated as the B 464. In 2002 the road from the Kälberstelle to Pliezhausen was renamed to B 464, so that today the B 464 connects Böblingen with Reutlingen.
Extension to Renningen
The extension of the B 464 to Renningen was built between 2005 and 2014 after the actual start of construction was delayed due to the legally prescribed Europe-wide tender.
The completion took place in three stages:
- Connection to the K 1004 between Maichingen and Darmsheim. This section was opened on July 23, 2010.
- Connection to the K 1064 near Maichingen and the L 1189 and K 1006 near Magstadt. This section was opened on December 6, 2011.
- (Provisional) connection to the B 295. Construction began after the second phase of construction, but was not completed until April 10, 2014.
The forecast higher volume of traffic led to the rescheduling of various intersections with the district and state roads K1004, K1006, K1064 and L1189 during the construction phase. Traffic lights were dispensed with in favor of additional entry and exit strips in order to improve the flow of traffic. The cost of extending the B 464 is estimated at 44.2 million euros.
Since its completion, the B 464 has closed the gap between the earlier end at Sindelfingen-Darmsheim and the B 295, but only with two lanes, although the traffic forecasts are higher than a two-lane federal road can handle. The new construction will shorten the route between the Böblingen-Hulb junction of the A 81 and the Leonberg motorway triangle by 1.5 kilometers compared to the existing route of the A 81. The connection can then be viewed as a kind of replacement for the previously planned but never realized direct connection of the A 81 between Gärtringen and Leonberg .
It is also planned to rebuild the link between the B 464 and the B 295. The Boeblingen district has provisionally built two roundabouts in order to actually connect the two federal roads. In rush hour traffic this leads to very long traffic jams.
From the Schaichhof near Weil im Schönbuch via the calf station to shortly before Walddorfhäslach, the federal road 464 runs through the Schönbuch nature park . There are several parking spaces along this section, which can be used as a starting point for walks.
- Renningen : Connection to the B 295
- Magstadt : connection to the L 1189 and K 1006
- Maichingen : Connection to the K 1064
- between Maichingen and Darmsheim : connection to the K 1004
- between Darmsheim and Sindelfingen : connection to the L 1183
- Junction A 81 Böblingen-Hulb
- Kälberstelle (crossing with L 1208 in the direction of Bebenhausen / Tübingen), since 2013 with a roundabout
- at Gniebel : connection to the B 27
- Then about 4 km B 27 and B 464 together until the B 464 branches off at the next exit in the direction of Reutlingen .
- between Reutlingen and RT-Rommelsbach: junction from the L 378
- Detailed route description of the former federal motorway 833
- Private website with information on the expansion of the B 464
- Description of the Oberamt Böblingen / Chapter A 6 on Wikisource
- Today at noon free travel on the B 464 . ( Page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. In: Sindelfinger Zeitung / Böblinger Zeitung , July 23, 2010
- Günter Scheinpflug: The B 464 should be ready by the end of 2012 ( Memento from July 1, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) In: Stuttgarter Zeitung , December 7, 2011
- Ulrich Hanselmann: Slow road construction causes trouble In: Stuttgarter Nachrichten , April 6, 2009
- Karlheinz Reichert: B 464: Closing the gap is written in the stars . In: Sindelfinger Zeitung / Böblinger Zeitung , September 8, 2013.
- Trafficto the new line ( Memento from April 15, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Press release Regional Council Stuttgart, April 9, 2014
- B 295 / B 464 gap closure near Renningen ( Memento from 7 July 2012 in the Internet Archive )
- The calf station becomes a roundabout In: Stuttgarter Zeitung , August 30, 2013